Union, Impact play to scoreless draw
Zac MacMath needed to make only one save to pick up his 10th shutout of the season for the Union (10-8-9), who improved to 4-0-4 this season following losses.
The Impact (12-7-6) are unbeaten in their last three games and remain in first place in the MLS Eastern Conference.
Perkins frustrated the Union offense all night and made a diving stop on Philadelphia forward Jack McInerney in the 57th minute to earn his second consecutive shutout. McInerney, the Union’s leading scorer, has now gone 10 straight games without scoring.
Montreal forward Marco Di Vaio, the top scorer in MLS, had a goal disallowed in the 61st minute because he was called offside.
- Norwich back in Premier League after winning playoff final
- Capello set target of World Cup semifinal with Russia
- Palestinians to push forth with bid to oust Israel from FIFA
- Wondolowski nets 100th goal in 1-1 draw with Orlando City
- Union win second straight, beat Red Bulls 2-0
- The Latest: Owner Mike Ashley is staying with Newcastle
- Sounders and Sporting Kansas City play to 0-0 tie
- Colorado beats Vancouver to end 11-game home winless streak
- Russia plans to use prison labor for 2018 World Cup
- Liverpool's decline leaves Rodgers' future in jeopardy
- Platini: FIFA led by Blatter will always lack credibility
- Player dies in second-division match in Argentina
- The Latest: Aguero finishes as top scorer in Premier League
- Drogba to leave Chelsea again, wants to play 1 more season
- Real Salt Lake extends NYCFC's winless streak to 10 games
- Ignacio Piatti leads Impact past FC Dallas, 2-1