Union, Impact play to scoreless draw
Zac MacMath needed to make only one save to pick up his 10th shutout of the season for the Union (10-8-9), who improved to 4-0-4 this season following losses.
The Impact (12-7-6) are unbeaten in their last three games and remain in first place in the MLS Eastern Conference.
Perkins frustrated the Union offense all night and made a diving stop on Philadelphia forward Jack McInerney in the 57th minute to earn his second consecutive shutout. McInerney, the Union’s leading scorer, has now gone 10 straight games without scoring.
Montreal forward Marco Di Vaio, the top scorer in MLS, had a goal disallowed in the 61st minute because he was called offside.
- Red Bulls name Baum director of communications
- Serb players quit Albania club after flag incident
- Herrera scores early to lift Mexico past Paraguay
- Argentina beats Ecuador 2-1 in friendly match
- US gives up another late goal in 1-1 tie at Switzerland
- CAF rejects Tunisia appeal against $50K fine but no ban
- No British soccer teams will play at Olympics in Rio
- Seattle and Western New York swap stars in major NWSL trade
- US Senators want FIFA to move 2018 World Cup out of Russia
- UEFA charges Georgia for fans on field during Germany match
- Martinez's goal in 2nd half lifts Venezuela past Peru
- Coroner awaits test results of soccer player hit by car
- Shea, Williams, Morales start for US against Switzerland
- European clubs win more money, influence in new UEFA deal
- Police: Missing college athlete died on Los Angeles freeway
- Russia Football Union appoints new anti-racism leader