Union, Impact play to scoreless draw
Zac MacMath needed to make only one save to pick up his 10th shutout of the season for the Union (10-8-9), who improved to 4-0-4 this season following losses.
The Impact (12-7-6) are unbeaten in their last three games and remain in first place in the MLS Eastern Conference.
Perkins frustrated the Union offense all night and made a diving stop on Philadelphia forward Jack McInerney in the 57th minute to earn his second consecutive shutout. McInerney, the Union’s leading scorer, has now gone 10 straight games without scoring.
Montreal forward Marco Di Vaio, the top scorer in MLS, had a goal disallowed in the 61st minute because he was called offside.
- Barrett scores in stoppage time, Sounders tie Galaxy 1-1
- Mexico beats Haiti to take Olympic qualifying semifinal spot
- FC Dallas clinches playoff berth, sweeps Dynamo with 4-1 win
- Liverpool fires manager Brendan Rodgers
- Rodgers' last match sees Liverpool draw at Everton
- Sanchez scores 2 as Arsenal beats Man United 3-0
- Daughter: Sepp Blatter's reputation ruined by envy, hatred
- Wondolowski helps Earthquakes tie Whitecaps 1-1
- Honduras gets semifinal spot CONCACAF Olympic qualifying
- Real Salt Lake eliminates Colorado Rapids from playoff race
- Arsenal beats Manchester United 3-0, Bayern routs Dortmund
- Eriksen gives Tottenham draw at Swansea in Premier League
- Liverpool fires Rodgers; Arsenal knock United off top of EPL
- Advocaat quits winless Sunderland 8 games into league season
- Sporting KC beats Timbers 1-0
- Keller, Schmid, Myernick enter National Soccer Hall of Fame