Union, Impact play to scoreless draw
Zac MacMath needed to make only one save to pick up his 10th shutout of the season for the Union (10-8-9), who improved to 4-0-4 this season following losses.
The Impact (12-7-6) are unbeaten in their last three games and remain in first place in the MLS Eastern Conference.
Perkins frustrated the Union offense all night and made a diving stop on Philadelphia forward Jack McInerney in the 57th minute to earn his second consecutive shutout. McInerney, the Union’s leading scorer, has now gone 10 straight games without scoring.
Montreal forward Marco Di Vaio, the top scorer in MLS, had a goal disallowed in the 61st minute because he was called offside.
- Meram lifts Crew over NYCFC, 2-1
- Timbers-Sounders Preview
- Mourinho endures rare loss; Man City breaks club wins record
- Salinas, Earthquakes beat 10-man Galaxy for 4th straight win
- Sporting Kansas City-Rapids Preview
- Crew-New York City FC Preview
- Manchester United-Swansea City Preview
- Impact-Toronto FC Preview