Zusi scores in 88th as Sporting KC beat Rapids
KANSAS CITY, Kan. (AP)—Graham Zusi scored in the 88th minute to lift Sporting Kansas City to a 2-1 victory over the Colorado Rapids on Saturday night and into a three-way tie for first place in the Eastern Conference.
Benny Feilhaber also scored for Sporting (12-9-6), which broke a two-match shutout loss streak and pulled even with Montreal and New York atop the East.
Feilhaber scored from 30 yards in the 33rd minute to put Kansas City up 1-0. After center forward Dom Dwyer—making his first league start—beat Colorado’s Hendry Thomas to a loose ball, Feilhaber’s right-footed shot curled inside the left post, breaking Sporting’s goalless streak at 213 minutes.
Edson Buddle, who entered the match as a substitute in the 70th, tied it seven minutes later for the Rapids (10-8-9), who snapped a nine-match unbeaten streak.
Buddle tracked down a deflected ball 25 yards from goal, and his low shot deflected off center back Matt Besler’s foot and bounced inside the right post.
- Palestinians complain to FIFA over detained player
- West Ham United-Newcastle United Preview
- FIFA scandals while Sepp Blatter has been president
- Burnley-Aston Villa Preview
- Manchester United-San Jose match to be played in Berkeley
- FIFA Presidential Election Candidates
- Dynamo-Galaxy Preview
- Previous FIFA Presidential Elections
- Swansea City-Crystal Palace Preview
- Osaka, Yokohama picked as 2015 Club World Cup host cities
- Tottenham Hotspur-Everton Preview
- West Brom-Arsenal Preview
- Figo tells AP he is quitting FIFA presidential race
- Poland soccer chief Boniek wants World Cup taken from Russia
- Argentina to play Mexico in Sept 8 exhibition in Dallas area
- Sepp Blatter set for another win in FIFA election