Zusi scores in 88th as Sporting KC beat Rapids
KANSAS CITY, Kan. (AP)—Graham Zusi scored in the 88th minute to lift Sporting Kansas City to a 2-1 victory over the Colorado Rapids on Saturday night and into a three-way tie for first place in the Eastern Conference.
Benny Feilhaber also scored for Sporting (12-9-6), which broke a two-match shutout loss streak and pulled even with Montreal and New York atop the East.
Feilhaber scored from 30 yards in the 33rd minute to put Kansas City up 1-0. After center forward Dom Dwyer—making his first league start—beat Colorado’s Hendry Thomas to a loose ball, Feilhaber’s right-footed shot curled inside the left post, breaking Sporting’s goalless streak at 213 minutes.
Edson Buddle, who entered the match as a substitute in the 70th, tied it seven minutes later for the Rapids (10-8-9), who snapped a nine-match unbeaten streak.
Buddle tracked down a deflected ball 25 yards from goal, and his low shot deflected off center back Matt Besler’s foot and bounced inside the right post.
- Ibrahimovic scores on CL return to Malmo, Juve beats City
- Rooney tells United to be more ruthless after 0-0 vs PSV
- PSG routs Malmo 5-0, advances in Champions League
- Ronaldo stars as Real Madrid beats Shakhtar 4-3
- Jimenez double rescues draw for Benfica at Astana
- While Madrid remains in turmoil, Barcelona keeps on thriving
- Premier League cancels Belgium tournament over terror alert
- Suspected match-fixer Dan Tan released from Singapore jail
- Atletico beats Galatasaray 2-0, advances in Champions League
- Juventus beats Man City 1-0 to join it in knockout stage
- Moenchengladbach beats Sevilla 4-2 in Champions League
- Schuerrle steers Wolfsburg to 2-0 win over CSKA Moscow
- United held 0-0 by battling PSV in Champions League
- Chile FF president in Miami after resigning amid FIFA probe
- Dutch soccer club president quits after player deals leaked
- Dynamo Kiev gets empty stadium order for racist fan attacks