Sporting Kansas City blanks Revolution 3-0
Benny Feilhaber scored on a free kick in stoppage time for Sporting (11-7-6), which broke a two-match losing streak and moved ahead of New York by a point in the East standings.
Defender Kevin Alston made his first start since his leukemia diagnosis in early April for New England, but was beaten on both of Kamara’s goals and lifted in the 57th minute.
The Revolution (8-9-6) had to play a man down after forward Dmitry Imbongo elbowed Sporting’s Uri Rosell in the throat in the 64th minute and was given his second yellow card, and went down to nine in the 86th when Andy Dorman was given a straight red for a hard foul on Kamara.
Soony Saad assisted on both of Kamara’s headed goals, in the 27th and 50th minutes.
Kamara has seven goals, three in Kansas City’s past two league matches, since returning in May from a loan to English side Norwich City.
- Barcelona gets favorable draw in Champions League groups
- Barcelona's Messi wins UEFA Best Player in Europe award
- Judge throws out Leoz request to halt extradition to US
- Fulfilling a father's wish: Balotelli aims for Euro 2016
- Leverkusen beats Lazio 3-0 to advance in Champions League
- Olimpia beats Sounders 1-0 in CONCACAF play
- Igboananike scores twice, Fire beat Red Bulls 3-2
- Barcelona heads 32-team draw for Champions League groups
- Chelsea missing Terry with captain's place under scrutiny
- UEFA Champions League Group Stage Draw
- US blocks Nicaragua bid to extradite FIFA case suspect
- Musa fires CSKA past Sporting, into Champions League groups
- Whitecaps beat Impact 2-0 to win Canadian Championship
- Kevin Doyle heads home winner in 79th, Rapids beat Dynamo
- Man United back in Champions League, Rooney scoring again
- Rooney scores 3, Man United in Champions League group stage