Sporting Kansas City blanks Revolution 3-0
Benny Feilhaber scored on a free kick in stoppage time for Sporting (11-7-6), which broke a two-match losing streak and moved ahead of New York by a point in the East standings.
Defender Kevin Alston made his first start since his leukemia diagnosis in early April for New England, but was beaten on both of Kamara’s goals and lifted in the 57th minute.
The Revolution (8-9-6) had to play a man down after forward Dmitry Imbongo elbowed Sporting’s Uri Rosell in the throat in the 64th minute and was given his second yellow card, and went down to nine in the 86th when Andy Dorman was given a straight red for a hard foul on Kamara.
Soony Saad assisted on both of Kamara’s headed goals, in the 27th and 50th minutes.
Kamara has seven goals, three in Kansas City’s past two league matches, since returning in May from a loan to English side Norwich City.
- Casillas saves penalty in Porto's 1-0 win at Tondela
- Vardy sets EPL record by scoring in 11th straight game
- Victory goes top in A-League as fans stage walkout
- Man City beats Southampton 3-1 in Premier League
- Iraklis beats 2nd-place Panathinaikos 1-0 in Greek league
- Vardy breaks scoring record, Leicester holds United 1-1
- Villa loses 3-2 to Watford, rooted at foot of Premier League
- Crystal Palace routs Newcastle 5-1 in Premier League
- Neymar, Suarez, Messi score as Barca beats Sociedad 4-0
- Niang scores 2, sets up 1 in AC Milan's 4-1 win over Samp
- Heavy security as PSG plays first home game since shootings
- Italy great Dino Zoff hospitalized with viral infection
- Vardy breaks scoring record to cap goal frenzy in England
- Bournemouth salvages 3-3 draw vs Everton after wild finish
- Sunderland beats Stoke 2-0 to move out of relegation zone
- Timbers-FC Dallas Preview