Sporting Kansas City blanks Revolution 3-0
Benny Feilhaber scored on a free kick in stoppage time for Sporting (11-7-6), which broke a two-match losing streak and moved ahead of New York by a point in the East standings.
Defender Kevin Alston made his first start since his leukemia diagnosis in early April for New England, but was beaten on both of Kamara’s goals and lifted in the 57th minute.
The Revolution (8-9-6) had to play a man down after forward Dmitry Imbongo elbowed Sporting’s Uri Rosell in the throat in the 64th minute and was given his second yellow card, and went down to nine in the 86th when Andy Dorman was given a straight red for a hard foul on Kamara.
Soony Saad assisted on both of Kamara’s headed goals, in the 27th and 50th minutes.
Kamara has seven goals, three in Kansas City’s past two league matches, since returning in May from a loan to English side Norwich City.
- Wondolowski nets 100th goal in 1-1 draw with Orlando City
- Union win second straight, beat Red Bulls 2-0
- The Latest: Owner Mike Ashley is staying with Newcastle
- Sounders and Sporting Kansas City play to 0-0 tie
- Colorado beats Vancouver to end 11-game home winless streak
- Arrieta, DC United tie 9-man New England 1-1
- Benfica replaces Porto on preseason tour
- Giovinco lifts Toronto FC past Timbers, 1-0
- Player dies in second-division match in Argentina
- The Latest: Aguero finishes as top scorer in Premier League
- Drogba to leave Chelsea again, wants to play 1 more season
- Real Salt Lake extends NYCFC's winless streak to 10 games
- Ignacio Piatti leads Impact past FC Dallas, 2-1
- Valencia grabs Spain's last CL spot; Almeria, Eibar go down
- Monaco claims final Champions League birth
- Benfica celebrates title with sons of fan beaten by police