Dynamo upend Crew 3-1
Davis put the Dynamo (9-6-6) ahead 1-0 in the 10th minute converting the penalty kick inside the near post.
Bruin extended the lead to 2-0 in the 31st minute, taking an Oscar Boniek Garcia pass at the top of the box and sending a right-footed shot inside the near post.
Columbus (6-11-5) cut the lead to 2-1 on an own goal by Houston’s Kofi Sarkodie in the 75th minute.
Weaver upped the Dynamo’s lead to 3-1 in the 85th minute as Garcia played a ball into the upper box that Bruin laid off to Weaver, who sent a shot inside the near post.
Columbus, which has lost three in a row, nearly tied it at one in the 12th minute on a Jairo Arrieta shot from the upper center box, but Houston goalkeeper Tally Hall came off his line to make a kick save.
Off a corner in the 22nd minute, Arrieta headed one back toward the goal inside the goalkeeper’s box, but Hall made the save.
- The Latest: Juventus beats Real Madrid 2-1 in semifinal
- Galaxy-Real Salt Lake Preview
- Danish man sentenced in 2010 football match-fixing case
- Agent: Greaves conscious but unable to speak after stroke
- US soccer to play Guatemala on July 3 at Nashville
- Earthquakes-Dynamo Preview
- Juventus faces Real test in Champions League semifinals
- FIFA to study Israel-Palestinians dispute on election day
- Israel accuses Palestinians of politicizing in FIFA call
- Guardiola to face Messi and Barcelona in Champions League
- Cristiano Ronaldo and Chelsea lead AP Global Football 10
- More violence in Poland after autopsy of fan shot by police
- Bryant Gumbel defends program and co-workers against lawsuit
- With no ambition and a revolt by fans, Newcastle in freefall
- 30 people arrested in renewed soccer violence in Poland
- Ex-England striker Greaves in intensive care after stroke