Dynamo upend Crew 3-1
Davis put the Dynamo (9-6-6) ahead 1-0 in the 10th minute converting the penalty kick inside the near post.
Bruin extended the lead to 2-0 in the 31st minute, taking an Oscar Boniek Garcia pass at the top of the box and sending a right-footed shot inside the near post.
Columbus (6-11-5) cut the lead to 2-1 on an own goal by Houston’s Kofi Sarkodie in the 75th minute.
Weaver upped the Dynamo’s lead to 3-1 in the 85th minute as Garcia played a ball into the upper box that Bruin laid off to Weaver, who sent a shot inside the near post.
Columbus, which has lost three in a row, nearly tied it at one in the 12th minute on a Jairo Arrieta shot from the upper center box, but Houston goalkeeper Tally Hall came off his line to make a kick save.
Off a corner in the 22nd minute, Arrieta headed one back toward the goal inside the goalkeeper’s box, but Hall made the save.
- Arsenal beats Chelsea 1-0 in Community Shield at Wembley
- LA Galaxy ends road skid with 3-1 win at Colorado
- Davies leads Revs over 10-man Toronto FC 3-1
- United tops Real Salt Lake in wild affair, 6-4
- Timbers-Earthquakes Preview
- FC Dallas-Fire Preview
- Fired Mexican soccer coach probed for political tweets
- Orlando City: Stadium to be completed in 12 to 14 months
- Kah scores 2 goals to lead Vancouver past Seattle, 3-0
- Dynamo score late for 1-1 draw with Sporting KC
- Cyle Larin scores twice, Orlando City beats Crew 5-1
- Wright-Phillips brothers connect in Red Bulls' 3-1 win
- Impact beat NYCFC 3-2 in Frank Lampard's MLS debut
- Red Bulls-Union Preview
- Ex-coach rejoins Oklahoma City soccer team after acquittal
- Real Salt Lake-D.C. United Preview