Dynamo upend Crew 3-1
Davis put the Dynamo (9-6-6) ahead 1-0 in the 10th minute converting the penalty kick inside the near post.
Bruin extended the lead to 2-0 in the 31st minute, taking an Oscar Boniek Garcia pass at the top of the box and sending a right-footed shot inside the near post.
Columbus (6-11-5) cut the lead to 2-1 on an own goal by Houston’s Kofi Sarkodie in the 75th minute.
Weaver upped the Dynamo’s lead to 3-1 in the 85th minute as Garcia played a ball into the upper box that Bruin laid off to Weaver, who sent a shot inside the near post.
Columbus, which has lost three in a row, nearly tied it at one in the 12th minute on a Jairo Arrieta shot from the upper center box, but Houston goalkeeper Tally Hall came off his line to make a kick save.
Off a corner in the 22nd minute, Arrieta headed one back toward the goal inside the goalkeeper’s box, but Hall made the save.
- Denmark, Albania draw 0-0 in European qualifier
- Union-Earthquakes Preview
- Orlando City-Revolution Preview
- Porto wants Champions League donations to migrants
- Toronto's Warner, Montreal's Cabrera suspended by MLS
- St. Pauli to play Dortmund with motto 'Refugees Welcome'
- Chinese energy firm acquires majority stake in Slavia Prague
- Unsung Iceland and Wales nearly qualified for Euro 2016
- Goetze leads Germany to 3-1 win over Poland and top spot
- Toronto FC-Sounders Preview
- Italy's Serie B to introduce green cards for fair play
- Fire-Impact Preview
- Man United says Madrid 'clumsiness' at fault in De Gea spat
- Bayern midfielder Javi Martinez supporting migrants
- For US, roster spots up for grabs in Friday match vs Peru
- Villas-Boas banned 6 games in Russia for striking official