Dynamo upend Crew 3-1
Davis put the Dynamo (9-6-6) ahead 1-0 in the 10th minute converting the penalty kick inside the near post.
Bruin extended the lead to 2-0 in the 31st minute, taking an Oscar Boniek Garcia pass at the top of the box and sending a right-footed shot inside the near post.
Columbus (6-11-5) cut the lead to 2-1 on an own goal by Houston’s Kofi Sarkodie in the 75th minute.
Weaver upped the Dynamo’s lead to 3-1 in the 85th minute as Garcia played a ball into the upper box that Bruin laid off to Weaver, who sent a shot inside the near post.
Columbus, which has lost three in a row, nearly tied it at one in the 12th minute on a Jairo Arrieta shot from the upper center box, but Houston goalkeeper Tally Hall came off his line to make a kick save.
Off a corner in the 22nd minute, Arrieta headed one back toward the goal inside the goalkeeper’s box, but Hall made the save.
- Belgium marks 30 years of Heysel tragedy with solemn service
- FIFA President Blatter asks to be re-elected despite crisis
- MLS bringing 2016 All-Star game to San Jose's Avaya Stadium
- Ex-FIFA vice president Warner leaves jail in ambulance
- US to vote for Ali in FIFA election and not Blatter
- Hawit becomes CONCACAF acting president after Webb charged
- FC Dallas-Sporting Kansas City Preview
- EA Sports is adding the women's game to FIFA 2016
- THE LATEST: Call for revote if World Cups awarded corruptly
- Underdog Villa aims to spring a surprise in FA Cup final
- New stars likely to be found at Under-20 World Cup in NZ
- A look at the voting blocs in the FIFA president balloting
- THE LATEST: US will vote for Prince Ali in FIFA election
- UN reviewing FIFA partnerships amid corruption scandal
- Defiant soccer chief resists calls to resign amid scandal
- Text from Sepp Blatter's speech at FIFA congress