Dynamo upend Crew 3-1
Davis put the Dynamo (9-6-6) ahead 1-0 in the 10th minute converting the penalty kick inside the near post.
Bruin extended the lead to 2-0 in the 31st minute, taking an Oscar Boniek Garcia pass at the top of the box and sending a right-footed shot inside the near post.
Columbus (6-11-5) cut the lead to 2-1 on an own goal by Houston’s Kofi Sarkodie in the 75th minute.
Weaver upped the Dynamo’s lead to 3-1 in the 85th minute as Garcia played a ball into the upper box that Bruin laid off to Weaver, who sent a shot inside the near post.
Columbus, which has lost three in a row, nearly tied it at one in the 12th minute on a Jairo Arrieta shot from the upper center box, but Houston goalkeeper Tally Hall came off his line to make a kick save.
Off a corner in the 22nd minute, Arrieta headed one back toward the goal inside the goalkeeper’s box, but Hall made the save.
- Own goal gives Japan 2-1 win over England in World Cup semi
- With no Blatter, Hayatou to present trophy at Women's WCup
- Messi & Argentina shining together, closer to elusive title
- Collision again raises issue of concussions in World Cup
- Man U's game vs. Earthquakes switched to Avaya Stadium
- UEFA tells Spanish league to accept 2022 World Cup dates
- Chile beats Peru 2-1 to reach Copa America final
- UEFA eases restrictions on club spending
- Blatter says he has 'clear conscience' despite FIFA probes
- US heads to World Cup final with 2-0 win over Germany
- Argentina routs Paraguay 6-1, reaches Copa America final
- Missed penalty kick costs Germany in 2-0 loss to US
- Brad Davis scratched from US Gold Cup team; Garza added
- FIFA hopeful Bility says would step aside for Hayatou
- Dutch FA terminates Hiddink's contract as coach
- Goalkeeper Petr Cech joins Arsenal from Chelsea