Moffatt scores 2 goals to send Dynamo past Revs
Moffatt scored his first goal in the 49th minute, a 25-yard left-footed drive from atop the penalty box area after New England was unable to successfully clear a corner kick taken by the Dynamo’s Andrew Driver.
Moffatt regained the lead for Houston (8-6-5) in the 79th minute, a right-footed shot atop the penalty box area, which banged off the right post and off New England goalkeeper Bobby Shuttleworth into the net.
Houston had won just one of its previous eight matches (1-4-3), scoring just three goals over that span, including a scoreless streak of 388 minutes over four matches.
New England (6-6-6) had its second loss in nine matches (4-2-3), a span in which it has scored 17 goals.
New England tied it at 1-1 in the 56th minute when striker Saer Sene scored his second goal in as many matches, a goal-mouth rebound off the hands of Houston goalkeeper Tally Hall off a shot out of the far right corner taken by Diego Fagundez.
New England, which won 2-0 at Houston on May 18 earlier this season, played short-handed over the final eight minutes as reserve forward Dimitry Imbongo was given a red card.
Neither team generated a shot on goal during the first half, New England had five attempts and Houston had two, along with four corner kicks by the Dynamo.
- Police: Missing college athlete died on Los Angeles freeway
- Russia Football Union appoints new anti-racism leader
- 3 Greek soccer players slightly hurt in Hungary taxi crash
- Alcoholism, violence and neglect: life as George Best's son
- Fire beat short-handed Union 1-0
- Apology for wrong anthem for El Salvador before game in US
- Morris replaces Johannsson on US roster vs Switzerland
- Earnshaw scores late goal, Whitecaps edge Timbers 2-1
- Seattle and Western New York swap stars in major NWSL trade
- Former FIFA official Fernando loses appeal against life ban
- Turkish Cypriot soccer president: No going back on deal
- Real Salt Lake beats Toronto FC 2-1 on late goal
- Germany, Portugal boost Euro 2016 qualifying hopes
- Freddy Adu signs 1-year contract with Finnish club
- Dynamo and Rapids play to scoreless draw
- 10-man FC Dallas holds off the Sounders, 0-0