Moffatt scores 2 goals to send Dynamo past Revs
Moffatt scored his first goal in the 49th minute, a 25-yard left-footed drive from atop the penalty box area after New England was unable to successfully clear a corner kick taken by the Dynamo’s Andrew Driver.
Moffatt regained the lead for Houston (8-6-5) in the 79th minute, a right-footed shot atop the penalty box area, which banged off the right post and off New England goalkeeper Bobby Shuttleworth into the net.
Houston had won just one of its previous eight matches (1-4-3), scoring just three goals over that span, including a scoreless streak of 388 minutes over four matches.
New England (6-6-6) had its second loss in nine matches (4-2-3), a span in which it has scored 17 goals.
New England tied it at 1-1 in the 56th minute when striker Saer Sene scored his second goal in as many matches, a goal-mouth rebound off the hands of Houston goalkeeper Tally Hall off a shot out of the far right corner taken by Diego Fagundez.
New England, which won 2-0 at Houston on May 18 earlier this season, played short-handed over the final eight minutes as reserve forward Dimitry Imbongo was given a red card.
Neither team generated a shot on goal during the first half, New England had five attempts and Houston had two, along with four corner kicks by the Dynamo.
- Los Angeles rallies to beat Sporting KC in stoppage time
- Neagle, Martins propel Sounders past Rapids 3-1
- Columbus Crew roll 10-man Orlando City 3-0
- Messi scores 400th goal for Barcelona in 2-0 win vs Valencia
- Kljestan, Grella score; Red Bulls beat Earthquakes 2-0
- Orlando City-Crew Preview
- Bayern Munich regrets longtime doctor's departure
- Arsenal, Reading meet in FA Cup semifinal mismatch
- Mattocks lifts Whitecaps over 10-man Real Salt Lake 1-0
- Runaway Serie A leader Juventus beats 2nd-place Lazio 2-0
- Clark's putback earns 1-1 draw for Dynamo at DC United
- Bayern's Guardiola: Defender Bernat should be fit for Porto
- Sporting Kansas City-Galaxy Preview
- Beckenbauer: Bayern 'far, far, far away' from Euro title
- Whitecaps FC-Real Salt Lake Preview
- Study: Mario Balotelli heavily targeted on social media