Farfan’s goal helps Union beat Chivas USA 3-1
Jose Correa scored for Chivas USA (3-11-5), which remained in last place in the Western Conference.
Chivas USA had recorded ties in each of its last three games and for a while, it looked as if it might pick up its second win on the road.
With players slipping and sliding all over the place, Chivas USA held the lead until Carroll tied the game in the 58th minute.
From there, the game got chippy.
Union manager John Hackworth was ejected in the 77th minute for arguing with the officials.
In the 80th minute, Chivas USA’s Josue Soto earned his second yellow card and was sent off.
Casey sealed the win with a goal in the 89th minute.
The Union improved to 4-0-2 all-time against Chivas USA.
- Government minister takes over Russian football
- FIFA scandal becomes exhibit at Mob Museum in Las Vegas
- Man United moves for Martial as rivals stay quiet
- US, Swiss federal prosecutors to give update on FIFA cases
- James Rodriguez, Roma top Global Football 10 poll
- Man United set to sign Martial on hectic day of transfers
- Canadian soccer commentator Graham Leggat dies at 81
- Portland sends off Angerer and Van Hollebeke with sellout
- Uruguay set to rescind rights deal over bribery probe
- United-Madrid blame game after De Gea deadline-day debacle
- Martial signs for Man United, costliest ever teenager
- Quotes from voters in this week's AP Global Football 10
- De Gea's move to Madrid stalls on deadline day
- Juventus sign Hernanes and Lemina on transfer deadline day
- Liverpool sells Borini to complete restructuring of attack
- Bradley Wright-Phillips, Red Bulls fly past DC United, 3-0