Farfan’s goal helps Union beat Chivas USA 3-1
Jose Correa scored for Chivas USA (3-11-5), which remained in last place in the Western Conference.
Chivas USA had recorded ties in each of its last three games and for a while, it looked as if it might pick up its second win on the road.
With players slipping and sliding all over the place, Chivas USA held the lead until Carroll tied the game in the 58th minute.
From there, the game got chippy.
Union manager John Hackworth was ejected in the 77th minute for arguing with the officials.
In the 80th minute, Chivas USA’s Josue Soto earned his second yellow card and was sent off.
Casey sealed the win with a goal in the 89th minute.
The Union improved to 4-0-2 all-time against Chivas USA.
- Fiji beats Micronesia 38-0 in Pacific Games soccer match
- 10-man Orlando City earns 1-1 draw with Real Salt Lake
- Mauro Diaz leads FC Dallas over Revolution 3-0
- Messi fails again with Argentina's national team
- Finlay scores twice, Crew beat Red Bulls 2-1
- Chile beats Argentina 4-1 on penalties to win Copa America
- AP Exclusive: CONMEBOL head says 'we need total change'
- Galatasaray signs Podolski from Arsenal
- Keane's hat trick lifts Galaxy over Toronto FC, 4-0
- Doyle's first MLS goal lifts Rapids over Whitecaps, 2-1
- Villa, New York City FC beat Montreal Impact 2-1
- Blatter: French, German presidents tried influence WCup vote
- England beats Germany 1-0 in extra time to finish 3rd
- Earthquakes-Timbers Preview
- 2 Dinamo Zagreb bosses arrested over bribery charges
- Dempsey, Chandler score as US beats Guatemala 4-0