Farfan’s goal helps Union beat Chivas USA 3-1
Jose Correa scored for Chivas USA (3-11-5), which remained in last place in the Western Conference.
Chivas USA had recorded ties in each of its last three games and for a while, it looked as if it might pick up its second win on the road.
With players slipping and sliding all over the place, Chivas USA held the lead until Carroll tied the game in the 58th minute.
From there, the game got chippy.
Union manager John Hackworth was ejected in the 77th minute for arguing with the officials.
In the 80th minute, Chivas USA’s Josue Soto earned his second yellow card and was sent off.
Casey sealed the win with a goal in the 89th minute.
The Union improved to 4-0-2 all-time against Chivas USA.
- Real Madrid presses for Barcelona slip-up in Spanish league
- Bayern could face long-term challenge from Wolfsburg
- Altidore scores twice to snap Toronto's 4-game skid
- Bayern wins Bundesliga; Chelsea close to EPL title
- Dozens injured, arrested after soccer riots in Serbia
- Feilhaber scores in stoppage time; Sporting KC ties Houston
- Caldwell scores first MLS goal as New England beats RSL
- City wins as Champions League places look set in England
- Chelsea-Leicester City Preview
- Dempsey's 77th minute goal lifts Seattle past Portland 1-0
- Felipe second-half header gives Red Bulls 1-1 tie with LA
- Juventus beaten 2-1 by Torino in derby marred by violence
- DC United beats 10-man Whitecaps 2-1
- Finlay scores twice; Crew power past Union 4-1
- Barca stays in control in Spain; City grabs late winner
- PSG crushes Lille 6-1 to move 3 points ahead of Lyon