Farfan’s goal helps Union beat Chivas USA 3-1
Jose Correa scored for Chivas USA (3-11-5), which remained in last place in the Western Conference.
Chivas USA had recorded ties in each of its last three games and for a while, it looked as if it might pick up its second win on the road.
With players slipping and sliding all over the place, Chivas USA held the lead until Carroll tied the game in the 58th minute.
From there, the game got chippy.
Union manager John Hackworth was ejected in the 77th minute for arguing with the officials.
In the 80th minute, Chivas USA’s Josue Soto earned his second yellow card and was sent off.
Casey sealed the win with a goal in the 89th minute.
The Union improved to 4-0-2 all-time against Chivas USA.
- Arsenal beats Chelsea 1-0 in Community Shield at Wembley
- LA Galaxy ends road skid with 3-1 win at Colorado
- Davies leads Revs over 10-man Toronto FC 3-1
- United tops Real Salt Lake in wild affair, 6-4
- Timbers-Earthquakes Preview
- FC Dallas-Fire Preview
- Fired Mexican soccer coach probed for political tweets
- Orlando City: Stadium to be completed in 12 to 14 months
- Kah scores 2 goals to lead Vancouver past Seattle, 3-0
- Dynamo score late for 1-1 draw with Sporting KC
- Cyle Larin scores twice, Orlando City beats Crew 5-1
- Wright-Phillips brothers connect in Red Bulls' 3-1 win
- Impact beat NYCFC 3-2 in Frank Lampard's MLS debut
- Red Bulls-Union Preview
- Ex-coach rejoins Oklahoma City soccer team after acquittal
- Real Salt Lake-D.C. United Preview