Crew cool off Timbers 1-0
Portland (7-2-9) had gone 7-0-8 since March 9 while the Crew (6-8-5) ended a three-game losing streak.
Anor scored in the fourth minute off a restart from Federico Higuain for the second straight match with a snap header from 6 yards to the inside of the left post.
But Higuain failed to increase the lead seven minutes later as he missed his second penalty kick in six attempts this season by shooting the ball left of the net.
- FIFA challenger says he was offered Blatter's financial info
- Real Madrid fires coach Ancelotti after disappointing season
- Norwich back in Premier League after winning playoff final
- Liverpool's decline leaves Rodgers' future in jeopardy
- Platini: FIFA led by Blatter will always lack credibility
- Player dies in second-division match in Argentina
- The Latest: Aguero finishes as top scorer in Premier League
- Drogba to leave Chelsea again, wants to play 1 more season
- Russia plans to use prison labor for 2018 World Cup
- FIFA defers decision on continental rotation for WCup bids
- Capello set target of World Cup semifinal with Russia
- Palestinians to push forth with bid to oust Israel from FIFA
- Wondolowski nets 100th goal in 1-1 draw with Orlando City
- Union win second straight, beat Red Bulls 2-0
- The Latest: Owner Mike Ashley is staying with Newcastle
- Sounders and Sporting Kansas City play to 0-0 tie