Sporting Kansas City beat Fire 2-1
The victory was only Kansas City’s second in the last seven matches, giving SKC 30 points.
Kansas City’s two goals were scored 2 minutes 14 seconds apart.
Feilhaber scored his first of the season in the sixth minute, hammering a right-footed shot from 16 yards when a throw-in by defender Matt Besler deflected off two players and ended up at his feet.
Chicago goalkeeper Paulo Tornaghi couldn’t stop that shot, and seemed surprised by midfielder Zusi’s nonchalant 20-yard shot soon after. It curled over Tornaghi and into the upper right-hand corner.
Mike Magee cut the margin to 2-1 in the 38th minute.
- Blatter says FIFA corruption probe won't lead to him
- CSKA Moscow qualifies for Champions League
- Blatter says he will forgive but won't forget UEFA rebellion
- Panama holds Argentina to draw at Under-20 World Cup
- Nemeth, Sporting KC top short-handed FC Dallas 4-0
- THE LATEST: Police raid businesses named in FIFA indictment
- Impact-Fire Preview
- Blatter wins re-election despite FIFA corruption scandal
- Victims of FIFA's scandal: small clubs, youth, local leagues
- Ex-England, Man United defender Rio Ferdinand retires
- THE LATEST: Europe, US are likely bidders for 2026 World Cup
- Europe's rift with FIFA deepens with Blatter's re-election
- Timbers-Rapids Preview
- FIFA scandal reverberating across soccer-crazy South America
- Real Salt Lake-Whitecaps FC Preview
- Crew-Orlando City Preview