Sporting Kansas City beat Fire 2-1
The victory was only Kansas City’s second in the last seven matches, giving SKC 30 points.
Kansas City’s two goals were scored 2 minutes 14 seconds apart.
Feilhaber scored his first of the season in the sixth minute, hammering a right-footed shot from 16 yards when a throw-in by defender Matt Besler deflected off two players and ended up at his feet.
Chicago goalkeeper Paulo Tornaghi couldn’t stop that shot, and seemed surprised by midfielder Zusi’s nonchalant 20-yard shot soon after. It curled over Tornaghi and into the upper right-hand corner.
Mike Magee cut the margin to 2-1 in the 38th minute.
- Vardy sets EPL record by scoring in 11th straight game
- Neymar, Suarez, Messi score as Barca beats Sociedad 4-0
- Bournemouth salvages 3-3 draw vs Everton after wild finish
- Premier League serves up feast of goals as City bounces back
- Sunderland beats Stoke 2-0 to move out of relegation zone
- Timbers-FC Dallas Preview
- 99-year-old Havelange released from Rio de Janeiro hospital
- Red Bulls' Matt Miazga shows path for US elite soccer youth
- Vardy breaks scoring record, Leicester holds United 1-1
- Heavy security as PSG plays 1st home game since shootings
- Villa loses 3-2 to Watford, rooted at foot of Premier League
- Man City beats Southampton 3-1 in Premier League
- Crystal Palace routs Newcastle 5-1 in Premier League
- Crew-Red Bulls Preview
- Swansea City-Liverpool Preview
- Former FIFA president Joao Havelange hospitalized in Rio