Sporting Kansas City beat Fire 2-1
The victory was only Kansas City’s second in the last seven matches, giving SKC 30 points.
Kansas City’s two goals were scored 2 minutes 14 seconds apart.
Feilhaber scored his first of the season in the sixth minute, hammering a right-footed shot from 16 yards when a throw-in by defender Matt Besler deflected off two players and ended up at his feet.
Chicago goalkeeper Paulo Tornaghi couldn’t stop that shot, and seemed surprised by midfielder Zusi’s nonchalant 20-yard shot soon after. It curled over Tornaghi and into the upper right-hand corner.
Mike Magee cut the margin to 2-1 in the 38th minute.
- Mexico salvages 3-3 tie with Trinidad and Tobago
- Messi scores twice, Argentina beats Bolivia 7-0
- Germany moves top of Euro 2016 qualifying group
- Hungary, Romania draw 0-0 in Euro 2016 qualifier
- Denmark, Albania draw 0-0 in European qualifier
- Union-Earthquakes Preview
- Orlando City-Revolution Preview
- Porto wants Champions League donations to migrants
- Altidore scores twice as US rallies to beat Peru 2-1
- FFA aware of security situation ahead of World Cup match
- Jermaine Jones makes 1st US start since February
- Goetze leads Germany to 3-1 win over Poland and top spot
- Toronto's Warner, Montreal's Cabrera suspended by MLS
- Toronto FC-Sounders Preview
- Italy's Serie B to introduce green cards for fair play
- Fire-Impact Preview