Sporting Kansas City beat Fire 2-1
The victory was only Kansas City’s second in the last seven matches, giving SKC 30 points.
Kansas City’s two goals were scored 2 minutes 14 seconds apart.
Feilhaber scored his first of the season in the sixth minute, hammering a right-footed shot from 16 yards when a throw-in by defender Matt Besler deflected off two players and ended up at his feet.
Chicago goalkeeper Paulo Tornaghi couldn’t stop that shot, and seemed surprised by midfielder Zusi’s nonchalant 20-yard shot soon after. It curled over Tornaghi and into the upper right-hand corner.
Mike Magee cut the margin to 2-1 in the 38th minute.
- Madrid beats Man City 1-0 to reach Champions League final
- Abby Wambach to join ESPN as analyst and contributor
- FA seeks eye-gouging ban for Dembele of more than 3 games
- FIFA prosecutors want life ban for Webb in bribery case
- Football fans everywhere embrace Leicester's title success
- Ranieri won't sign superstars to strengthen Leicester squad
- Partying, training, then more celebrating for Leicester team
- Real Madrid sets sight on another Champions League final
- Defender Adriano joins list of Barca players probed for tax
- Spanish league loses its sponsor, may have many smaller ones
- World Cup winner Luca Toni announces retirement
- Methodology behind Leicester: Ranieri's winning blueprint
- Argentina plays "Trump" card in Copa America advertising
- Atletico Madrid reaches Champions League final on away goals
- Top Paraguay court rejects Leoz petition to stop extradition
- Serbia shocked by UEFA decision to accept Kosovo