Sporting Kansas City beat Fire 2-1
The victory was only Kansas City’s second in the last seven matches, giving SKC 30 points.
Kansas City’s two goals were scored 2 minutes 14 seconds apart.
Feilhaber scored his first of the season in the sixth minute, hammering a right-footed shot from 16 yards when a throw-in by defender Matt Besler deflected off two players and ended up at his feet.
Chicago goalkeeper Paulo Tornaghi couldn’t stop that shot, and seemed surprised by midfielder Zusi’s nonchalant 20-yard shot soon after. It curled over Tornaghi and into the upper right-hand corner.
Mike Magee cut the margin to 2-1 in the 38th minute.
- Dutch on verge of missing out on Euro 2016
- Spanish prosecutors call for arrest of Messi's father
- Chung says he is facing lengthy FIFA suspension
- Dos Santos to miss Mexico's playoff vs US
- Mourinho charged by English FA after getting Chelsea backing
- Fire breaks out at Luzhniki Stadium in Moscow
- Honduras gets semifinal spot CONCACAF Olympic qualifying
- Real Salt Lake eliminates Colorado Rapids from playoff race
- Aguero replaces Lewandowski atop AP Global Football 10
- Albania plans tough security for Euro qualifier with Serbia
- Cameron Carter-Vickers shines on soccer field for US
- Liverpool gives up on Rodgers experiment, but maybe too soon
- Swiss refuse to release Venezuelan FIFA suspect on bail
- Barrett scores in stoppage time, Sounders tie Galaxy 1-1
- Mexico beats Haiti to take Olympic qualifying semifinal spot
- FC Dallas clinches playoff berth, sweeps Dynamo with 4-1 win