Sporting Kansas City beat Fire 2-1
The victory was only Kansas City’s second in the last seven matches, giving SKC 30 points.
Kansas City’s two goals were scored 2 minutes 14 seconds apart.
Feilhaber scored his first of the season in the sixth minute, hammering a right-footed shot from 16 yards when a throw-in by defender Matt Besler deflected off two players and ended up at his feet.
Chicago goalkeeper Paulo Tornaghi couldn’t stop that shot, and seemed surprised by midfielder Zusi’s nonchalant 20-yard shot soon after. It curled over Tornaghi and into the upper right-hand corner.
Mike Magee cut the margin to 2-1 in the 38th minute.
- Mexico national team coach allegedly hits TV journalist
- Shannon Boxx and Lauren Holiday to retire after victory tour
- FIFA tweaks appointment rules for reforms task force
- Landon Donovan stays connected to the game
- New York Red Bulls sign Shaun Wright-Phillips
- FIFA welcomes legal win for ban on third-party ownership
- Mexico wins 7th Gold Cup title with 3-1 victory over Jamaica
- US soccer team to open World Cup qualifying in St. Louis
- US plays Aruba or St Vincent in World Cup qualifying opener
- Impact acquire former Chelsea striker Didier Drogba
- DeAndre Yedlin on Tottenham roster for MLS All-Star Game
- Trinidad extradition hearing delayed for ex-FIFA VP Warner
- Red Bulls sign Bradley Wright-Phillips' brother, Shaun
- Partnership lets Major League Soccer players earn degrees
- CONCACAF known for corruption as much as soccer
- Mike Grella lifts Red Bulls past Benfica, 2-1