Sporting Kansas City beat Fire 2-1
The victory was only Kansas City’s second in the last seven matches, giving SKC 30 points.
Kansas City’s two goals were scored 2 minutes 14 seconds apart.
Feilhaber scored his first of the season in the sixth minute, hammering a right-footed shot from 16 yards when a throw-in by defender Matt Besler deflected off two players and ended up at his feet.
Chicago goalkeeper Paulo Tornaghi couldn’t stop that shot, and seemed surprised by midfielder Zusi’s nonchalant 20-yard shot soon after. It curled over Tornaghi and into the upper right-hand corner.
Mike Magee cut the margin to 2-1 in the 38th minute.
- Chile beats Peru 2-1 to reach Copa America final
- UEFA eases restrictions on club spending
- Czech football great Josef Masopust dies at 84
- Wright-Phillips sparks the Red Bulls rally, 3-1 over NYCFC
- Spanish league appeals FIFA switch of 2022 World Cup dates
- Iwabuchi lifts Japan to semis with 1-0 win over Australia
- Sporting KC beats Rapids 2-0 in Chance Myers' return
- Paraguay again eliminates Brazil in Copa America quarters
- Dutch FA terminates Hiddink's contract as coach
- Goalkeeper Petr Cech joins Arsenal from Chelsea
- Fanendo Adi leads Timbers past Sounders, 4-1
- Argentina leads final 4 in Copa America semifinals
- FIFA election monitor urges Blatter to commit to going
- Earthquakes beat Galaxy 3-1 in California Clasico
- Finlay, Crew earn 2-2 road draw with Real Salt Lake
- England eliminates host Canada in World Cup Q-final, 2-1