Barrett’s late goal helps Revolution tie Chivas
New England (5-5-6) pressured and got its equalizer just two minutes from the end as Barrett, who used to play his home games here with the Los Angeles Galaxy, was on the end of a cross from Diego Fagundez. The ball deflected off Barrett and defender Carlos Borja and crossed the goal line before it was cleared off as assistant referee Jeff Hosking signaled for a goal.
Laurent Courtois opened the scoring for Chivas (3-10-3) in the 18th minute. Tristan Bowen settled a ball just inside the penalty area and fed Courtois, who quickly fired a left-footed shot that appeared to deflect off Revolution defender Chris Tierney and over goalkeeper Bobby Shuttleworth.
Barrett’s late goal extended Chivas’ winless skid to 11 matches.
- French PM says Benzema has no place on national team
- Marin having trouble coming up with $1M cash bond
- LA Galaxy's Keane on MLS Best XI for 4th straight year
- Head of Brazilian federation subject of senate investigation
- Neymar on Ballon D'Or shortlist alongside Messi, Ronaldo
- Adi and Melano score, Timbers tie FC Dallas 2-2 to advance
- Draws for both Arsenal, Chelsea but only 1 team is satisfied
- Milner penalty gives Liverpool 1-0 win over Swansea
- Manchester City gets $400M Chinese investment deal
- Shades of Maradona as Higuain leads Napoli to top of Serie A
- Carli Lloyd finalist for FIFA Women's Player of the Year
- Manchester City to face Hull in League Cup quarterfinals
- Crew reach MLS Cup with 2-1 aggregate win over Red Bulls
- Bale, Ronaldo ease pressure on Benitez in Madrid win
- Arsenal held 1-1 by Norwich as Sanchez comes off injured
- Tottenham extends unbeaten run by holding Chelsea 0-0