Barrett’s late goal helps Revolution tie Chivas
New England (5-5-6) pressured and got its equalizer just two minutes from the end as Barrett, who used to play his home games here with the Los Angeles Galaxy, was on the end of a cross from Diego Fagundez. The ball deflected off Barrett and defender Carlos Borja and crossed the goal line before it was cleared off as assistant referee Jeff Hosking signaled for a goal.
Laurent Courtois opened the scoring for Chivas (3-10-3) in the 18th minute. Tristan Bowen settled a ball just inside the penalty area and fed Courtois, who quickly fired a left-footed shot that appeared to deflect off Revolution defender Chris Tierney and over goalkeeper Bobby Shuttleworth.
Barrett’s late goal extended Chivas’ winless skid to 11 matches.
- Blatter's 17-year rule in soccer marked by growth, scandal
- Sponsors say Blatter resignation one step in FIFA reform
- Whitecaps FC-Impact Preview
- Blatter says he will resign as FIFA president
- Potential candidates to replace Blatter as FIFA president
- Fire-D.C. United Preview
- A look at FIFA President Sepp Blatter
- Text of Sepp Blatter statement
- Key questions: Why did Blatter resign and what now for FIFA?
- US routs New Zealand 4-0 to advance at Under-20 World Cup
- Global reaction to Sepp Blatter's decision to resign
- Crew-Union Preview
- Prince Ali: Blatter's FIFA resignation was the 'right move'
- FIFA says Valcke not behind $10M payment in corruption probe
- Text of statement by FIFA official Domenico Scala
- Xavi hopes for 'dream' finish to Barca career with CL title