Salinas, Gordon help Earthquakes beat Galaxy 3-2
Salinas knocked in a loose rebound in the 92nd minute and Gordon scored on a header a minute later to give San Jose (5-7-6) a second comeback victory in two seasons against the Galaxy at Stanford. The Earthquakes came from two goals down to beat LA 4-3 last June 30.
Gordon scored his first goal of the season in the 68th minute to pull San Jose to 2-1. The Earthquakes’ chances looked dire after defender Victor Bernardez saw two yellow cards in the space of eight minutes and was sent off in the 77th minute, leaving San Jose down to 10 players.
Gordon got the game-winner moments later off a chipped cross from just inside Los Angeles’ penalty area by San Jose midfielder Sam Cronin.
Landon Donovan and Robbie Keane assisted on both goals for the Galaxy, but L.A. was left to deal with failed opportunities after Bernardez’s ejection, especially an 88th-minute save by Busch on Jimenez.
A prone Cudicini blocked a 50th-minute rebound shot from 8 yards by San Jose midfielder Marvin Chavez. The veteran keeper, who joined LA this year, was unable to come up with the critical saves in the dying minutes, however.
- Police: Missing college athlete died on Los Angeles freeway
- Russia Football Union appoints new anti-racism leader
- 3 Greek soccer players slightly hurt in Hungary taxi crash
- Alcoholism, violence and neglect: life as George Best's son
- Fire beat short-handed Union 1-0
- Apology for wrong anthem for El Salvador before game in US
- Morris replaces Johannsson on US roster vs Switzerland
- Earnshaw scores late goal, Whitecaps edge Timbers 2-1
- Seattle and Western New York swap stars in major NWSL trade
- Former FIFA official Fernando loses appeal against life ban
- Turkish Cypriot soccer president: No going back on deal
- Real Salt Lake beats Toronto FC 2-1 on late goal
- Germany, Portugal boost Euro 2016 qualifying hopes
- Freddy Adu signs 1-year contract with Finnish club
- Dynamo and Rapids play to scoreless draw
- 10-man FC Dallas holds off the Sounders, 0-0