Kamara scores twice, lifts Sporting KC past Crew
Claudio Bieler also scored and had the assist on Kamara’s second goal for Sporting (7-5-5), which snapped a four-match winless streak and moved into a second-place tie with Philadelphia in the Eastern Conference.
Jairo Arietta and Dominic Oduro scored for Columbus (5-7-5), which has lost three of its last four.
Sporting led 1-0 at the half on Kamara’s 34th-minute goal, but a wild flurry in the first eight minutes of the second half saw Columbus tie the score at 2-all.
Arietta scored in the 40th minute to make it 1-1, Bieler put Sporting back up 2-1 in the 50th, and Oduro answered in the 53rd for the Crew after a bad back pass from Sporting defender Seth Sinovic.
Kamara’s game-winning goal came after Kevin Ellis—who made his MLS debut for Sporting—sent a long ball into the penalty area. The ball deflected to Bieler, who headed it to Sapong for the close-range shot.
- FIFA challenger says he was offered Blatter's financial info
- Real Madrid fires coach Ancelotti after disappointing season
- Norwich back in Premier League after winning playoff final
- Liverpool's decline leaves Rodgers' future in jeopardy
- Platini: FIFA led by Blatter will always lack credibility
- Player dies in second-division match in Argentina
- The Latest: Aguero finishes as top scorer in Premier League
- Drogba to leave Chelsea again, wants to play 1 more season
- Russia plans to use prison labor for 2018 World Cup
- FIFA defers decision on continental rotation for WCup bids
- Capello set target of World Cup semifinal with Russia
- Palestinians to push forth with bid to oust Israel from FIFA
- Wondolowski nets 100th goal in 1-1 draw with Orlando City
- Union win second straight, beat Red Bulls 2-0
- The Latest: Owner Mike Ashley is staying with Newcastle
- Sounders and Sporting Kansas City play to 0-0 tie