Kamara scores twice, lifts Sporting KC past Crew
Claudio Bieler also scored and had the assist on Kamara’s second goal for Sporting (7-5-5), which snapped a four-match winless streak and moved into a second-place tie with Philadelphia in the Eastern Conference.
Jairo Arietta and Dominic Oduro scored for Columbus (5-7-5), which has lost three of its last four.
Sporting led 1-0 at the half on Kamara’s 34th-minute goal, but a wild flurry in the first eight minutes of the second half saw Columbus tie the score at 2-all.
Arietta scored in the 40th minute to make it 1-1, Bieler put Sporting back up 2-1 in the 50th, and Oduro answered in the 53rd for the Crew after a bad back pass from Sporting defender Seth Sinovic.
Kamara’s game-winning goal came after Kevin Ellis—who made his MLS debut for Sporting—sent a long ball into the penalty area. The ball deflected to Bieler, who headed it to Sapong for the close-range shot.
- Marin having trouble coming up with $1M cash bond
- LA Galaxy's Keane on MLS Best XI for 4th straight year
- Head of Brazilian federation subject of senate investigation
- Neymar on Ballon D'Or shortlist alongside Messi, Ronaldo
- Adi and Melano score, Timbers tie FC Dallas 2-2 to advance
- Draws for both Arsenal, Chelsea but only 1 team is satisfied
- Milner penalty gives Liverpool 1-0 win over Swansea
- West Ham draws 1-1 with West Brom in Premier League
- Shades of Maradona as Higuain leads Napoli to top of Serie A
- Carli Lloyd finalist for FIFA Women's Player of the Year
- Manchester City to face Hull in League Cup quarterfinals
- Crew reach MLS Cup with 2-1 aggregate win over Red Bulls
- Bale, Ronaldo ease pressure on Benitez in Madrid win
- Arsenal held 1-1 by Norwich as Sanchez comes off injured
- Tottenham extends unbeaten run by holding Chelsea 0-0
- Casillas saves penalty in Porto's 1-0 win at Tondela