Kamara scores twice, lifts Sporting KC past Crew
Claudio Bieler also scored and had the assist on Kamara’s second goal for Sporting (7-5-5), which snapped a four-match winless streak and moved into a second-place tie with Philadelphia in the Eastern Conference.
Jairo Arietta and Dominic Oduro scored for Columbus (5-7-5), which has lost three of its last four.
Sporting led 1-0 at the half on Kamara’s 34th-minute goal, but a wild flurry in the first eight minutes of the second half saw Columbus tie the score at 2-all.
Arietta scored in the 40th minute to make it 1-1, Bieler put Sporting back up 2-1 in the 50th, and Oduro answered in the 53rd for the Crew after a bad back pass from Sporting defender Seth Sinovic.
Kamara’s game-winning goal came after Kevin Ellis—who made his MLS debut for Sporting—sent a long ball into the penalty area. The ball deflected to Bieler, who headed it to Sapong for the close-range shot.
- Sporting KC beats Timbers 1-0
- Keller, Schmid, Myernick enter National Soccer Hall of Fame
- Orlando City keeps playoff hopes alive, beats Impact 2-1
- Toronto beats Union 3-1 to close in on first playoff berth
- Brooks, Gonzalez, Diskerud dropped from US roster vs Mexico
- Canada breezes to 3-1 win over Panama in Olympic qualifying
- Chelsea crashes to fourth loss of title defense
- Mourinho raises prospect of being fired after 4th loss in 8
- Wondolowski helps Earthquakes tie Whitecaps 1-1
- Chicago Fire deny New England chance to clinch with 3-1 win
- Red Bulls beat Crew 2-1, extend lead in Eastern Conference
- US romps to 6-1 win over Cuba in Olympic qualifying match
- Barcelona, Chelsea both lose; Aguero nets 5 goals
- Galaxy-Sounders Preview
- Dynamo-FC Dallas Preview
- Real Salt Lake-Rapids Preview