Carroll leads Union past Crew 3-0
Carroll’s goal came in the 25th minute, followed by Williams in the 29th and Casey in the 31st. Le Toux took over the league lead in assists with six.
It was the fourth match in 12 days for the Union and the fourth in 11 days for the Crew.
Philadelphia was sharper from start to finish and goalkeeper Zac MacMath earned his fourth shutout of the season. Columbus had its three-match unbeaten streak snapped and fell to 4-5-5.
The Union won’t play another league match until June 23 against the New York Red Bulls. However, the Union will travel to Boyds, Md., next Wednesday for a fourth-round matchup against D.C. United in the U.S. Open Cup.
- Goals galore in Champs Lg as Barcelona and Bayern advance
- Chelsea beats Maccabi Tel Aviv 4-0 in Champions League
- Dzyuba powers Zenit to 2-0 over Valencia in Champs League
- Bayern beats Olympiakos 4-0, wins Group F in Champs League
- Dynamo Kiev upsets FC Porto 2-0, in Champions League
- New York Red Bulls' Jesse Marsch voted MLS Coach of the Year
- FIFA ethics committee seeks life ban against Michel Platini
- Barcelona dominates AP Global Football 10 after Madrid win
- Arsenal's Champs League hopes alive with 3-0 win over Zagreb
- Messi scores first goals after injury, Barca routs Roma 6-1
- Mehmedi rescues draw for Leverkusen at BATE
- Gent keeps Champions League hopes up by winning 2-1 at Lyon
- NASL's Armada hire former US goalkeeper Tony Meola as coach
- Chicago Fire of MLS hires Valjko Paunovic as coach
- Quotes from this week's AP Global Football 10
- French and Russian authorities to increase fan zone security