Carroll leads Union past Crew 3-0
Carroll’s goal came in the 25th minute, followed by Williams in the 29th and Casey in the 31st. Le Toux took over the league lead in assists with six.
It was the fourth match in 12 days for the Union and the fourth in 11 days for the Crew.
Philadelphia was sharper from start to finish and goalkeeper Zac MacMath earned his fourth shutout of the season. Columbus had its three-match unbeaten streak snapped and fell to 4-5-5.
The Union won’t play another league match until June 23 against the New York Red Bulls. However, the Union will travel to Boyds, Md., next Wednesday for a fourth-round matchup against D.C. United in the U.S. Open Cup.
- Carli Lloyd becomes Captain America for US women
- Lloyd hat trick leads US over Japan 5-2 for World Cup title
- Eventful Copa America puts an end to Chilean suffering
- Keane's hat trick lifts Galaxy over Toronto FC, 4-0
- Doyle's first MLS goal lifts Rapids over Whitecaps, 2-1
- Villa, New York City FC beat Montreal Impact 2-1
- Blatter: French, German presidents tried influence WCup vote
- England beats Germany 1-0 in extra time to finish 3rd
- Jewsbury scores in stoppage time as Timbers beat Earthquakes
- Keys to the US win over Japan in the Women's World Cup final
- Fiji beats Micronesia 38-0 in Pacific Games soccer match
- 10-man Orlando City earns 1-1 draw with Real Salt Lake
- Mauro Diaz leads FC Dallas over Revolution 3-0
- Messi fails again with Argentina's national team
- Finlay scores twice, Crew beat Red Bulls 2-1
- Chile beats Argentina 4-1 on penalties to win Copa America