Carroll leads Union past Crew 3-0
Carroll’s goal came in the 25th minute, followed by Williams in the 29th and Casey in the 31st. Le Toux took over the league lead in assists with six.
It was the fourth match in 12 days for the Union and the fourth in 11 days for the Crew.
Philadelphia was sharper from start to finish and goalkeeper Zac MacMath earned his fourth shutout of the season. Columbus had its three-match unbeaten streak snapped and fell to 4-5-5.
The Union won’t play another league match until June 23 against the New York Red Bulls. However, the Union will travel to Boyds, Md., next Wednesday for a fourth-round matchup against D.C. United in the U.S. Open Cup.
- Spain replaces women's soccer coach Quereda after 27 years
- Galaxy-Rapids Preview
- Defendant in FIFA case to appear in US court
- MLS attendance on rise with big-name international players
- LA Galaxy reacquire G Donovan Ricketts from Orlando SC
- Asia football chief praises Platini as potential FIFA boss
- Paris Saint-Germain beats Manchester United 2-0
- CONMEBOL outlines reforms after FIFA bribery scandal
- Whitecaps FC-Sounders Preview
- Impact-New York City FC Preview
- Toronto FC-Revolution Preview
- President of CONCACAF to review refereeing department
- Correction: FIFA-Zimbabwe Fined story
- Kaka helps MLS All Stars to 2-1 win over Tottenham
- Goalkeeper Jaime Penedo is leaving LA Galaxy after 2 years
- Toronto FC's Bradley out 7-10 days with calf injury