Carroll leads Union past Crew 3-0
Carroll’s goal came in the 25th minute, followed by Williams in the 29th and Casey in the 31st. Le Toux took over the league lead in assists with six.
It was the fourth match in 12 days for the Union and the fourth in 11 days for the Crew.
Philadelphia was sharper from start to finish and goalkeeper Zac MacMath earned his fourth shutout of the season. Columbus had its three-match unbeaten streak snapped and fell to 4-5-5.
The Union won’t play another league match until June 23 against the New York Red Bulls. However, the Union will travel to Boyds, Md., next Wednesday for a fourth-round matchup against D.C. United in the U.S. Open Cup.
- Beasley still interested in playing for national team
- US plays Aruba or St Vincent in World Cup qualifying opener
- Impact acquire former Chelsea striker Didier Drogba
- DeAndre Yedlin on Tottenham roster for MLS All-Star Game
- Trinidad extradition hearing delayed for ex-FIFA VP Warner
- Red Bulls sign Bradley Wright-Phillips' brother, Shaun
- Partnership lets Major League Soccer players earn degrees
- CONCACAF known for corruption as much as soccer
- Mexico national team coach allegedly hits TV journalist
- Shannon Boxx and Lauren Holiday to retire after victory tour
- FIFA tweaks appointment rules for reforms task force
- Landon Donovan stays connected to the game
- New York Red Bulls sign Shaun Wright-Phillips
- FIFA welcomes legal win for ban on third-party ownership
- Mexico wins 7th Gold Cup title with 3-1 victory over Jamaica
- US soccer team to open World Cup qualifying in St. Louis