Carroll leads Union past Crew 3-0
Carroll’s goal came in the 25th minute, followed by Williams in the 29th and Casey in the 31st. Le Toux took over the league lead in assists with six.
It was the fourth match in 12 days for the Union and the fourth in 11 days for the Crew.
Philadelphia was sharper from start to finish and goalkeeper Zac MacMath earned his fourth shutout of the season. Columbus had its three-match unbeaten streak snapped and fell to 4-5-5.
The Union won’t play another league match until June 23 against the New York Red Bulls. However, the Union will travel to Boyds, Md., next Wednesday for a fourth-round matchup against D.C. United in the U.S. Open Cup.
- Felipe second-half header gives Red Bulls 1-1 tie with LA
- Juventus beaten 2-1 by Torino in derby marred by violence
- DC United beats 10-man Whitecaps 2-1
- Finlay scores twice; Crew power past Union 4-1
- Barca stays in control in Spain; City grabs late winner
- PSG crushes Lille 6-1 to move 3 points ahead of Lyon
- Liverpool's Champions League hopes take another hit
- Friday's Sports In Brief
- Bayern wins Bundesliga; Chelsea close to EPL title
- Dozens injured, arrested after soccer riots in Serbia
- Feilhaber scores in stoppage time; Sporting KC ties Houston
- Caldwell scores first MLS goal as New England beats RSL
- City wins as Champions League places look set in England
- Toronto FC-Orlando City Preview
- Watford back in Premier League after 8-year absence
- Accam scores early; Chicago beats 10-man NYCFC 1-0