Porter sends DC United, Sporting KC to 1-1 tie
The goal allowed United (1-8-2) to snap a club record seven-game losing streak and a five-game losing streak against Kansas City. United is still winless in their last nine games with an 0-7-2 record.
Sporting KC (6-4-3) scored earlier in the second half on an own goal. The team had an apparent goal disallowed for what appeared to be an incorrect offside call in the first half.
Porter tied it for United with a sliding finish of Chris Pontius’s curling cross from the right. The rookie’s first goal in nine appearances marked the first time this season United has scored in back-to-back games.
- Vanuatu wins 46-0 in Pacific Games football tournament
- LA Galaxy midfielder Stefan Ishizaki heads home to Sweden
- FIFA bans former 2018-2022 WCup inspector for 7 years
- Poll: Russians losing interest in soccer ahead of World Cup
- Italy playmaker Andrea Pirlo joins New York from Juventus
- Carli Lloyd becomes Captain America for US women
- Lloyd hat trick leads US over Japan 5-2 for World Cup title
- Eventful Copa America puts an end to Chilean suffering
- Bradley to make 100th appearance as US opens Gold Cup
- American forward Bobby Wood joins Union Berlin
- CONCACAF details rebuilding plans after FIFA bribery scandal
- Juventus extends Allegri's contract through 2017
- Fenerbahce signs Nani from Manchester United
- Jewsbury scores in stoppage time as Timbers beat Earthquakes
- Keys to the US win over Japan in the Women's World Cup final
- Fiji beats Micronesia 38-0 in Pacific Games soccer match