Porter sends DC United, Sporting KC to 1-1 tie
The goal allowed United (1-8-2) to snap a club record seven-game losing streak and a five-game losing streak against Kansas City. United is still winless in their last nine games with an 0-7-2 record.
Sporting KC (6-4-3) scored earlier in the second half on an own goal. The team had an apparent goal disallowed for what appeared to be an incorrect offside call in the first half.
Porter tied it for United with a sliding finish of Chris Pontius’s curling cross from the right. The rookie’s first goal in nine appearances marked the first time this season United has scored in back-to-back games.
- Suspected match fixer Tan re-arrested a week after release
- Angers holds French league leader PSG to 0-0
- Benzema will respond on national news to growing criticism
- Neymar replaces Suarez atop AP Global Football 10
- Venezuela coach offers to quit if it helps players' dispute
- Marin having trouble coming up with $1M cash bond
- French PM says Benzema has no place on national team
- Shades of Maradona as Higuain leads Napoli to top of Serie A
- Manchester City thrash Hull to reach League Cup semifinals
- Atletico wins 2-1 at third-tier Reus in Copa del R
- Quotes from voters in this week's AP Global Football 10
- FIFA sponsors demand 'independent oversight' of reforms
- Real Madrid adds defender Carvajal to injured list
- Letter from FIFA sponsors to executive committee on reforms
- Manchester City gets $400M Chinese investment deal
- LA Galaxy's Keane on MLS Best XI for 4th straight year