McInerney scores to lead Union over Fire 1-0
McInerney headed home a corner kick from Sebastien Le Toux for Philadelphia (5-4-3), which beat the Fire 1-0 for the second time in a week. The Union also won 1-0 at Chicago last Saturday.
The Fire played short-handed for much of the second half after Wells Thompson received his second yellow card—and an automatic ejection—in the 62nd.
Chicago (2-7-1) lost its third game in a row to fall to 0-4-1 on the road.
The Union improved to 2-2-2 at home with their first victory in Philadelphia since a 1-0 win over New England on March 16.
- Real Salt Lake, Los Angeles Galaxy play to scoreless draw
- Messi nets 2, Barca beats Guardiola's Bayern 3-0 in CL semi
- FIFA hits back at German TV after arrests in Qatar
- FIFA to host Israeli and Palestinian soccer leaders
- Swiss league player fined for red-card tackle
- Juventus beats Real Madrid 2-1 in 1st leg of CL semifinal
- Israel accuses Palestinians of politicizing in FIFA call
- Guardiola to face Messi and Barcelona in Champions League
- Impact beat Toronto FC 1-0 in 1st leg of Canadian semifinals
- Spain's soccer federation suspends matches from May 16
- Forbes: Real Madrid most valuable for 3rd year in row
- Police: College soccer player assaulted teammate over award
- San Jose beats Houston 1-0 in Dominic Kinnear's return
- The Latest: Juventus beats Real Madrid 2-1 in semifinal
- Galaxy-Real Salt Lake Preview
- Danish man sentenced in 2010 football match-fixing case