McInerney scores to lead Union over Fire 1-0
McInerney headed home a corner kick from Sebastien Le Toux for Philadelphia (5-4-3), which beat the Fire 1-0 for the second time in a week. The Union also won 1-0 at Chicago last Saturday.
The Fire played short-handed for much of the second half after Wells Thompson received his second yellow card—and an automatic ejection—in the 62nd.
Chicago (2-7-1) lost its third game in a row to fall to 0-4-1 on the road.
The Union improved to 2-2-2 at home with their first victory in Philadelphia since a 1-0 win over New England on March 16.
- Goals from Martins, Evans give Seattle 2-1 win over Portland
- Man City breaks transfer record again to sign De Bruyne
- Toronto FC beats Impact 2-1
- Orlando City plays Fire to 1-1 draw
- FC Dallas knocks off Real Salt Lake 2-0
- Fagundez youngest to 25 goals, Revolution beat Union 1-0
- Meram lifts Crew over NYCFC, 2-1
- Timbers-Sounders Preview
- United's biggest problems exposed in 2-1 loss at Swansea
- Frankfurt defender Timothy Chandler to have knee surgery
- Montreal Impact fire coach Frank Klopas
- Clark, Rodriguez score; Dynamo beat short-handed Whitecaps
- Doyle's late goal lifts Rapids over Sporting KC, 2-1
- City doesn't waste Chelsea slip, Madrid wins big in Spain
- German goalkeeper Nadine Angerer faces her retirement
- D.C. United-Red Bulls Preview