McInerney scores to lead Union over Fire 1-0
McInerney headed home a corner kick from Sebastien Le Toux for Philadelphia (5-4-3), which beat the Fire 1-0 for the second time in a week. The Union also won 1-0 at Chicago last Saturday.
The Fire played short-handed for much of the second half after Wells Thompson received his second yellow card—and an automatic ejection—in the 62nd.
Chicago (2-7-1) lost its third game in a row to fall to 0-4-1 on the road.
The Union improved to 2-2-2 at home with their first victory in Philadelphia since a 1-0 win over New England on March 16.
- Southampton-Manchester City Preview
- D.C. United-Revolution Preview
- Timbers-Toronto FC Preview
- Army removes WWII bomb near London's Wembley Stadium
- Greece escapes soccer suspension, FIFA happy with changes
- Sunderland-Chelsea Preview
- Swansea City-Crystal Palace Preview
- Osaka, Yokohama picked as 2015 Club World Cup host cities
- Whitecaps FC-Rapids Preview
- New York City FC-Real Salt Lake Preview
- Sporting Kansas City-Sounders Preview
- Scolari out of a job, without many supporters in Brazil
- Bid to topple Blatter from FIFA rests with Jordanian prince
- Palestinians complain to FIFA over detained player
- West Ham United-Newcastle United Preview
- FIFA scandals while Sepp Blatter has been president