McInerney scores to lead Union over Fire 1-0
McInerney headed home a corner kick from Sebastien Le Toux for Philadelphia (5-4-3), which beat the Fire 1-0 for the second time in a week. The Union also won 1-0 at Chicago last Saturday.
The Fire played short-handed for much of the second half after Wells Thompson received his second yellow card—and an automatic ejection—in the 62nd.
Chicago (2-7-1) lost its third game in a row to fall to 0-4-1 on the road.
The Union improved to 2-2-2 at home with their first victory in Philadelphia since a 1-0 win over New England on March 16.
- US beats Canada 2-0 to advance to playoff against Colombia
- Dismal Dutch dumped out of Euro 2016 contention
- Belgium tops FIFA ranking, Netherlands down-and-out
- Croatia qualifies for Euro 2016 with help from Italy
- Netherlands loses 3-2 to Czech Republic, misses Euro 2016
- Syria beats Afghanistan, overhauls Japan in Asian qualifying
- Inside FIFA case: How Blatter, Platini could face long bans
- Red Bulls-Toronto FC Preview
- Howard returns to US, but Costa Rica wins 1-0
- New films scrutinize Brazil's World Cup legacy
- US women's soccer to play China in victory tour finale
- Tim Howard back in goal for US for 1st time since World Cup
- Belgium tops Group B, FIFA ranking after 3-1 win over Israel
- Timbers-Real Salt Lake Preview
- Philippe Blatter-led Infront confirms Italian TV inquiry
- Whitecaps FC-FC Dallas Preview