McInerney scores to lead Union over Fire 1-0
McInerney headed home a corner kick from Sebastien Le Toux for Philadelphia (5-4-3), which beat the Fire 1-0 for the second time in a week. The Union also won 1-0 at Chicago last Saturday.
The Fire played short-handed for much of the second half after Wells Thompson received his second yellow card—and an automatic ejection—in the 62nd.
Chicago (2-7-1) lost its third game in a row to fall to 0-4-1 on the road.
The Union improved to 2-2-2 at home with their first victory in Philadelphia since a 1-0 win over New England on March 16.
- MLS attendance on rise with big-name international players
- LA Galaxy reacquire G Donovan Ricketts from Orlando SC
- Asia football chief praises Platini as potential FIFA boss
- Paris Saint-Germain beats Manchester United 2-0
- CONMEBOL outlines reforms after FIFA bribery scandal
- Michel Platini confirms he will run for FIFA president
- FIFA fines Zimbabwe for missing women's Olympic qualifier
- Red Bulls sign Wright-Phillips, brother of team's top scorer
- President of CONCACAF to review refereeing department
- Correction: FIFA-Zimbabwe Fined story
- Kaka helps MLS All Stars to 2-1 win over Tottenham
- Goalkeeper Jaime Penedo is leaving LA Galaxy after 2 years
- Toronto FC's Bradley out 7-10 days with calf injury
- Run-in with reporter triggered Mexico coach Herrera's ouster
- Tottenham Hotspur-All-Stars Preview
- Mob Museum in Las Vegas to open FIFA exhibit