McInerney scores to lead Union over Fire 1-0
McInerney headed home a corner kick from Sebastien Le Toux for Philadelphia (5-4-3), which beat the Fire 1-0 for the second time in a week. The Union also won 1-0 at Chicago last Saturday.
The Fire played short-handed for much of the second half after Wells Thompson received his second yellow card—and an automatic ejection—in the 62nd.
Chicago (2-7-1) lost its third game in a row to fall to 0-4-1 on the road.
The Union improved to 2-2-2 at home with their first victory in Philadelphia since a 1-0 win over New England on March 16.
- Casillas saves penalty in Porto's 1-0 win at Tondela
- Vardy sets EPL record by scoring in 11th straight game
- Victory goes top in A-League as fans stage walkout
- Man City beats Southampton 3-1 in Premier League
- Iraklis beats 2nd-place Panathinaikos 1-0 in Greek league
- Vardy breaks scoring record, Leicester holds United 1-1
- Villa loses 3-2 to Watford, rooted at foot of Premier League
- Crystal Palace routs Newcastle 5-1 in Premier League
- Neymar, Suarez, Messi score as Barca beats Sociedad 4-0
- Niang scores 2, sets up 1 in AC Milan's 4-1 win over Samp
- Heavy security as PSG plays first home game since shootings
- Italy great Dino Zoff hospitalized with viral infection
- Vardy breaks scoring record to cap goal frenzy in England
- Bournemouth salvages 3-3 draw vs Everton after wild finish
- Sunderland beats Stoke 2-0 to move out of relegation zone
- Timbers-FC Dallas Preview