Donovan leads Galaxy past Union, 4-1
Robbie Keane scored once and had an assist, while Hector Jimenez also scored for the two-time defending MLS Cup champion Galaxy (5-3-2), who snapped a rare two-game losing streak with three second-half goals.
In the process, Donovan became the fourth player in franchise history to play in 200 games. He has 94 career goals, the most in club history, as well as 82 career assists, second most in Galaxy history behind Cobi Jones’ 91.
Amobi Okugo scored for the Union, who fell to 4-4-3.
The Galaxy went ahead 1-0 in the third minute on an own goal. A corner kick bounced off Philadelphia goalkeeper Zac MacMath and into the net.
Okugo tied it in the 23rd minute when he headed home a long throw-in by Sheanon Williams.
In the 71st minute, Keane gave the Galaxy a 2-1 advantage. Jimenez sealed the win in the 80th minute and Donovan also scored in the 87th minute.
- Vanuatu wins 46-0 in Pacific Games football tournament
- LA Galaxy midfielder Stefan Ishizaki heads home to Sweden
- FIFA bans former 2018-2022 WCup inspector for 7 years
- Poll: Russians losing interest in soccer ahead of World Cup
- Italy playmaker Andrea Pirlo joins New York from Juventus
- Carli Lloyd becomes Captain America for US women
- Lloyd hat trick leads US over Japan 5-2 for World Cup title
- Eventful Copa America puts an end to Chilean suffering
- Bradley to make 100th appearance as US opens Gold Cup
- American forward Bobby Wood joins Union Berlin
- CONCACAF details rebuilding plans after FIFA bribery scandal
- Juventus extends Allegri's contract through 2017
- Fenerbahce signs Nani from Manchester United
- Jewsbury scores in stoppage time as Timbers beat Earthquakes
- Keys to the US win over Japan in the Women's World Cup final
- Fiji beats Micronesia 38-0 in Pacific Games soccer match