Union beat Fire 1-0 in MLS on McInerney’s goal
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. (AP)—Jack McInerney scored his league-leading seventh goal of the season Saturday and Zac MacMath made six saves to lead the Philadelphia Union to a 1-0 victory over the Chicago Fire.
The victory was the first in three matches for Philadelphia (4-3-3) and only the second in its last seven games. It was the fourth loss for the Fire (2-6-1) in the last six matches and the second straight game without a goal. Chicago has been shut out in five of its nine matches this MLS season.
This was MacMath’s second shutout of the season, with Chicago’s best chances coming from midfield. He kicked away Dan Paladini’s point-blank boot in the 33rd minute and made a diving stop on Quincy Amarikwa in the 95th minute to seal the victory.
- 2 Dinamo Zagreb bosses arrested over bribery charges
- Dempsey, Chandler score as US beats Guatemala 4-0
- Mears' first MLS goal lifts Sounders past United, 1-0
- Barcelona loans defender Martin Montoya to Inter Milan
- UEFA lifts Man City, PSG sanctions after clubs curb spending
- Orlando City-Real Salt Lake Preview
- Toronto FC-Galaxy Preview
- New York City FC-Impact Preview
- Galatasaray signs Podolski from Arsenal
- Africa's soccer strongman a candidate for FIFA president?
- Nyarko gives Chicago Fire 1-1 draw with Houston Dynamo
- Colombiam forward Falcao joins Chelsea on season-long loan
- Altidore, Dempsey rejoin US lineup against Guatemala
- Whitecaps FC-Rapids Preview
- Revolution-FC Dallas Preview
- Red Bulls-Crew Preview