Union beat Fire 1-0 in MLS on McInerney’s goal
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. (AP)—Jack McInerney scored his league-leading seventh goal of the season Saturday and Zac MacMath made six saves to lead the Philadelphia Union to a 1-0 victory over the Chicago Fire.
The victory was the first in three matches for Philadelphia (4-3-3) and only the second in its last seven games. It was the fourth loss for the Fire (2-6-1) in the last six matches and the second straight game without a goal. Chicago has been shut out in five of its nine matches this MLS season.
This was MacMath’s second shutout of the season, with Chicago’s best chances coming from midfield. He kicked away Dan Paladini’s point-blank boot in the 33rd minute and made a diving stop on Quincy Amarikwa in the 95th minute to seal the victory.
- Fired Mexican soccer coach probed for political tweets
- Defendant in FIFA case appears in US court
- Dynamo-Sporting Kansas City Preview
- Crew-Orlando City Preview
- Whitecaps FC-Sounders Preview
- Impact-New York City FC Preview
- MLS attendance on rise with big-name international players
- LA Galaxy reacquire G Donovan Ricketts from Orlando SC
- Real Salt Lake-D.C. United Preview
- Orlando City: Stadium to be completed in 12 to 14 months
- MLS teams to add fan faces to player jerseys
- Spain replaces women's soccer coach Quereda after 27 years
- Galaxy-Rapids Preview
- Toronto FC-Revolution Preview
- President of CONCACAF to review refereeing department
- Correction: FIFA-Zimbabwe Fined story