Union beat Fire 1-0 in MLS on McInerney’s goal
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. (AP)—Jack McInerney scored his league-leading seventh goal of the season Saturday and Zac MacMath made six saves to lead the Philadelphia Union to a 1-0 victory over the Chicago Fire.
The victory was the first in three matches for Philadelphia (4-3-3) and only the second in its last seven games. It was the fourth loss for the Fire (2-6-1) in the last six matches and the second straight game without a goal. Chicago has been shut out in five of its nine matches this MLS season.
This was MacMath’s second shutout of the season, with Chicago’s best chances coming from midfield. He kicked away Dan Paladini’s point-blank boot in the 33rd minute and made a diving stop on Quincy Amarikwa in the 95th minute to seal the victory.
- Swansea City-Liverpool Preview
- Red Bulls' Matt Miazga shows path for US elite soccer youth
- Chelsea-Tottenham Hotspur Preview
- Newcastle United-Crystal Palace Preview
- Arsenal-Norwich City Preview
- Ukraine handed 1-game stadium ban for racism
- Asian soccer body urges support for FIFA candidate Salman
- Manchester United-Leicester City Preview
- Timbers-FC Dallas Preview
- Former FIFA president Joao Havelange hospitalized in Rio
- Crew-Red Bulls Preview
- West Brom-West Ham United Preview
- Benzema's France career in jeopardy as Valbuena speaks out
- United short of strikers after James Wilson loaned out
- Watford-Aston Villa Preview
- Kane goal leads Tottenham into Europa League last-32