Rosales’ equalizer gives Sounders 2-2 tie at Union
Danny Cruz scored twice for the Union (3-3-3), who remained undefeated at home, but probably expected better against the Sounders.
After Rosales got the equalizer for Seattle (1-3-3), the match got chippy. Seattle’s Lamar Neagle and Philadelphia’s Sheanon Williams were shown red cards in the 85th minute following a scuffle. Five minutes later, Seattle’s DeAndre Yedlin was sent off at the beginning of stoppage time, reducing the Sounders to nine men.
All three players will miss their next match.
Eddie Johnson also scored for Seattle after missing the previous two matches with a hamstring injury.
- Dempsey scores twice, US beats Honduras 2-1 to open Gold Cup
- Young Micronesian soccer side overwhelmed at Pacific Games
- Bradley makes 100th international appearance for US
- Steven Gerrard eager for sunny new challenges with LA Galaxy
- Vanuatu wins 46-0 in Pacific Games football tournament
- LA Galaxy midfielder Stefan Ishizaki heads home to Sweden
- FIFA bans former 2018-2022 WCup inspector for 7 years
- Poll: Russians losing interest in soccer ahead of World Cup
- Blank makes it official: New MLS team is Atlanta United FC
- Late goal gives Haiti 1-1 tie with Panama in Gold Cup opener
- New York holding parade for champion US women's soccer team
- CONCACAF ends corporate partnership with Traffic Sports USA
- Bradley to make 100th appearance as US opens Gold Cup
- American forward Bobby Wood joins Union Berlin
- CONCACAF details rebuilding plans after FIFA bribery scandal
- Juventus extends Allegri's contract through 2017