Dynamo extend home unbeaten streak, tie Rapids
HOUSTON (AP)—Giles Barnes scored an unassisted goal in the 56th minute and the Houston Dynamo extended their MLS record home unbeaten streak to 36 games with a 1-1 tie to the Colorado Rapids on Sunday.
Houston (4-2-2) has not lost a home game since falling to Columbus 2-0 on June 18, 2011. The previous record was set by Real Salt Lake from 2009-11. The Dynamo also set the MLS record for longest regular-season home unbeaten streak at 30 games, previously set by Real Salt Lake in the same stretch.
Colorado (2-4-3) took the lead right before halftime as Dillon Powers’ corner kick found defender Drew Moor wide open in front of the Houston Dynamo goal. Moor buried his header on the final play before the half.
- Dempsey's 77th minute goal lifts Seattle past Portland 1-0
- Felipe second-half header gives Red Bulls 1-1 tie with LA
- Juventus beaten 2-1 by Torino in derby marred by violence
- DC United beats 10-man Whitecaps 2-1
- Finlay scores twice; Crew power past Union 4-1
- Barca stays in control in Spain; City grabs late winner
- PSG crushes Lille 6-1 to move 3 points ahead of Lyon
- Liverpool's Champions League hopes take another hit
- Altidore scores twice to snap Toronto's 4-game skid
- Bayern wins Bundesliga; Chelsea close to EPL title
- Dozens injured, arrested after soccer riots in Serbia
- Feilhaber scores in stoppage time; Sporting KC ties Houston
- Caldwell scores first MLS goal as New England beats RSL
- City wins as Champions League places look set in England
- Toronto FC-Orlando City Preview
- Watford back in Premier League after 8-year absence