Dynamo extend home unbeaten streak, tie Rapids
HOUSTON (AP)—Giles Barnes scored an unassisted goal in the 56th minute and the Houston Dynamo extended their MLS record home unbeaten streak to 36 games with a 1-1 tie to the Colorado Rapids on Sunday.
Houston (4-2-2) has not lost a home game since falling to Columbus 2-0 on June 18, 2011. The previous record was set by Real Salt Lake from 2009-11. The Dynamo also set the MLS record for longest regular-season home unbeaten streak at 30 games, previously set by Real Salt Lake in the same stretch.
Colorado (2-4-3) took the lead right before halftime as Dillon Powers’ corner kick found defender Drew Moor wide open in front of the Houston Dynamo goal. Moor buried his header on the final play before the half.
- Blatter calls crisis meeting, skips 3rd public appearance
- THE LATEST: CAF backs Blatter, says FIFA vote should go on
- Lazio and Napoli face off for Champions League spot
- US, Swiss timed FIFA raids for maximum effect
- Myanmar's month of milestones on international soccer stage
- Former FIFA member Blazer's plea seems key to investigation
- Organizers: U20 World Cup unaffected by FIFA investigation
- Timbers beat East-leading DC United 1-0
- Visa becomes first FIFA sponsor to warn it could jump ship
- Putin accuses US of meddling into FIFA affairs
- Ahead of FIFA election, sponsor Visa threatens to pull out
- Arsenal looks to retain FA Cup to salvage season
- Things to know about the Under-20 World Cup
- 5 Players to watch at the Under-20 World Cup
- THE LATEST: Asian federation opposes change to FIFA election
- Seattle takes over top spot in West by beating Colorado 1-0