Dynamo extend home unbeaten streak, tie Rapids
HOUSTON (AP)—Giles Barnes scored an unassisted goal in the 56th minute and the Houston Dynamo extended their MLS record home unbeaten streak to 36 games with a 1-1 tie to the Colorado Rapids on Sunday.
Houston (4-2-2) has not lost a home game since falling to Columbus 2-0 on June 18, 2011. The previous record was set by Real Salt Lake from 2009-11. The Dynamo also set the MLS record for longest regular-season home unbeaten streak at 30 games, previously set by Real Salt Lake in the same stretch.
Colorado (2-4-3) took the lead right before halftime as Dillon Powers’ corner kick found defender Drew Moor wide open in front of the Houston Dynamo goal. Moor buried his header on the final play before the half.
- Brazil loses without Neymar; Argentina falls with no Messi
- Blatter suspended as FIFA president; Platini also banned
- Portugal, Northern Ireland book Euro 2016 places
- Messi to stand trial in Spain on 3 counts of tax fraud
- Ireland upsets Germany 1-0 in Euro 2016 qualifier
- Northern Ireland qualifies for its first Euros
- The Latest: Sheikh Salman calls for FIFA ExCo meeting
- Statement from suspended UEFA President Michel Platini
- US men embrace Mexico soccer rivalry heading to Rose Bowl
- With Platini suspended, FIFA election field more uncertain
- Serbia snatches 2-0 win in Albania in tense Euro qualifier
- Juergen Klopp takes over as new Liverpool manager
- France beats Armenia 4-0 in friendly match
- After Dortmund deeds, Klopp has Liverpool dreaming again
- Impact-Rapids Preview
- Column: Sepp Blatter, hoisted by his own petard at FIFA