Dynamo extend home unbeaten streak, tie Rapids
HOUSTON (AP)—Giles Barnes scored an unassisted goal in the 56th minute and the Houston Dynamo extended their MLS record home unbeaten streak to 36 games with a 1-1 tie to the Colorado Rapids on Sunday.
Houston (4-2-2) has not lost a home game since falling to Columbus 2-0 on June 18, 2011. The previous record was set by Real Salt Lake from 2009-11. The Dynamo also set the MLS record for longest regular-season home unbeaten streak at 30 games, previously set by Real Salt Lake in the same stretch.
Colorado (2-4-3) took the lead right before halftime as Dillon Powers’ corner kick found defender Drew Moor wide open in front of the Houston Dynamo goal. Moor buried his header on the final play before the half.
- European clubs win more money, influence in new UEFA deal
- Police: Missing college athlete died on Los Angeles freeway
- Russia Football Union appoints new anti-racism leader
- 3 Greek soccer players slightly hurt in Hungary taxi crash
- Alcoholism, violence and neglect: life as George Best's son
- Fire beat short-handed Union 1-0
- Apology for wrong anthem for El Salvador before game in US
- Morris replaces Johannsson on US roster vs Switzerland
- No British soccer teams will play at Olympics in Rio
- Seattle and Western New York swap stars in major NWSL trade
- Former FIFA official Fernando loses appeal against life ban
- Turkish Cypriot soccer president: No going back on deal
- Real Salt Lake beats Toronto FC 2-1 on late goal
- Germany, Portugal boost Euro 2016 qualifying hopes
- Freddy Adu signs 1-year contract with Finnish club
- Dynamo and Rapids play to scoreless draw