Dynamo extend home unbeaten streak, tie Rapids
HOUSTON (AP)—Giles Barnes scored an unassisted goal in the 56th minute and the Houston Dynamo extended their MLS record home unbeaten streak to 36 games with a 1-1 tie to the Colorado Rapids on Sunday.
Houston (4-2-2) has not lost a home game since falling to Columbus 2-0 on June 18, 2011. The previous record was set by Real Salt Lake from 2009-11. The Dynamo also set the MLS record for longest regular-season home unbeaten streak at 30 games, previously set by Real Salt Lake in the same stretch.
Colorado (2-4-3) took the lead right before halftime as Dillon Powers’ corner kick found defender Drew Moor wide open in front of the Houston Dynamo goal. Moor buried his header on the final play before the half.
- Keane's hat trick lifts Galaxy over Toronto FC, 4-0
- Doyle's first MLS goal lifts Rapids over Whitecaps, 2-1
- Villa, New York City FC beat Montreal Impact 2-1
- Blatter: French, German presidents tried influence WCup vote
- England beats Germany 1-0 in extra time to finish 3rd
- Earthquakes-Timbers Preview
- 2 Dinamo Zagreb bosses arrested over bribery charges
- Dempsey, Chandler score as US beats Guatemala 4-0
- 10-man Orlando City earns 1-1 draw with Real Salt Lake
- Mauro Diaz leads FC Dallas over Revolution 3-0
- Messi fails again with Argentina's national team
- Finlay scores twice, Crew beat Red Bulls 2-1
- Chile beats Argentina 4-1 on penalties to win Copa America
- AP Exclusive: CONMEBOL head says 'we need total change'
- Galatasaray signs Podolski from Arsenal
- Africa's soccer strongman a candidate for FIFA president?