San Jose rallies to tie Chivas USA 2-2
The result kept both clubs winless in April. San Jose (3-3-4) last won on March 23 while Chivas (3-4-2) hasn’t won since March 30.
Chivas took the lead with a pair of quick goals. In the 47th minute, Jorge Villafana sent a cross to the front of the goal. San Jose goalkeeper Jon Busch tried to punch the ball away, but instead had it bounce off Chivas’ Mario De Luna and across the goal line.
San Jose tied in the 76th minute. From the left side, Salinas whipped a cross to the middle of the penalty area and Cato knocked the ball into goal.
- LA Galaxy midfielder Stefan Ishizaki heads home to Sweden
- FIFA bans former 2018-2022 WCup inspector for 7 years
- Poll: Russians losing interest in soccer ahead of World Cup
- Italy playmaker Andrea Pirlo joins New York from Juventus
- Carli Lloyd becomes Captain America for US women
- Lloyd hat trick leads US over Japan 5-2 for World Cup title
- Eventful Copa America puts an end to Chilean suffering
- Keane's hat trick lifts Galaxy over Toronto FC, 4-0
- American forward Bobby Wood joins Union Berlin
- CONCACAF details rebuilding plans after FIFA bribery scandal
- Juventus extends Allegri's contract through 2017
- Fenerbahce signs Nani from Manchester United
- Jewsbury scores in stoppage time as Timbers beat Earthquakes
- Keys to the US win over Japan in the Women's World Cup final
- Fiji beats Micronesia 38-0 in Pacific Games soccer match
- 10-man Orlando City earns 1-1 draw with Real Salt Lake