San Jose rallies to tie Chivas USA 2-2
The result kept both clubs winless in April. San Jose (3-3-4) last won on March 23 while Chivas (3-4-2) hasn’t won since March 30.
Chivas took the lead with a pair of quick goals. In the 47th minute, Jorge Villafana sent a cross to the front of the goal. San Jose goalkeeper Jon Busch tried to punch the ball away, but instead had it bounce off Chivas’ Mario De Luna and across the goal line.
San Jose tied in the 76th minute. From the left side, Salinas whipped a cross to the middle of the penalty area and Cato knocked the ball into goal.
- Red Bulls-Sounders Preview
- Blatter says FIFA corruption probe won't lead to him
- Ex-England, Man United defender Rio Ferdinand retires
- THE LATEST: Europe, US are likely bidders for 2026 World Cup
- Europe's rift with FIFA deepens with Blatter's re-election
- Timbers-Rapids Preview
- FIFA scandal reverberating across soccer-crazy South America
- Real Salt Lake-Whitecaps FC Preview
- Victims of FIFA's scandal: small clubs, youth, local leagues
- CSKA Moscow qualifies for Champions League
- Blatter says he will forgive but won't forget UEFA rebellion
- Panama holds Argentina to draw at Under-20 World Cup
- Nemeth, Sporting KC top short-handed FC Dallas 4-0
- THE LATEST: Police raid businesses named in FIFA indictment
- Impact-Fire Preview
- Blatter wins re-election despite FIFA corruption scandal