Wallace lifts Timbers past Sporting KC, 3-2
Chance Myers scored the first two goals of his career for Sporting (4-3-2), including the third-fastest score in club history, but it wasn’t enough to keep Kansas City from taking back-to-back losses for the first time this season.
Myers’ first goal, off Matt Besler’s long throw-in, came 40 seconds into the match. It was the earliest score ever at Sporting Park, which opened in 2011.
Johnson equalized with a header in the 24th minute, but Myers made it 2-1 in the 29th with a tap-in off assists from Aurelien Collin and Benny Feilhaber. Four minutes later, Johnson drew out keeper Jimmy Nielsen with a run into the box and crossed to Darlington Nagbe for an easy finish that made it 2-2.
- FIFA donates 48 luxury watches to non-profit organization
- UEFA confirms steroid positive test in Dinamo Zagreb case
- Ibrahimovic scores on CL return to Malmo, Juve beats City
- Rooney tells United to be more ruthless after 0-0 vs PSV
- PSG routs Malmo 5-0, advances in Champions League
- Ronaldo stars as Real Madrid beats Shakhtar 4-3
- Jimenez double rescues draw for Benfica at Astana
- While Madrid remains in turmoil, Barcelona keeps on thriving
- Qatar launches probe after rains exposed poor construction
- French authorities extend ban on traveling soccer fans
- Atletico beats Galatasaray 2-0, advances in Champions League
- Juventus beats Man City 1-0 to join it in knockout stage
- Moenchengladbach beats Sevilla 4-2 in Champions League
- Schuerrle steers Wolfsburg to 2-0 win over CSKA Moscow
- United held 0-0 by battling PSV in Champions League
- Chile FF president in Miami after resigning amid FIFA probe