Crew beats United 3-0 after fire delays start
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP)—Dominic Oduro, Josh Williams and Federico Higuain scored in the first half to help the Columbus Crew beat D.C. United 3-0 on Saturday night after a videoboard fire delayed the start 50 minutes.
The teams were warming up when the blaze broke out in the top of the videoboard in a speaker cabinet above the south stands about 25 minutes before the scheduled kickoff. Fans were cleared from the area and no one was injured, team president Mark McCullers said.
Oduro put the Crew (3-2-3) ahead in the 15th, Williams scored off Higuain’s corner kick in the 26th, and Higuain a penalty kick in in first-half stoppage time.
D.C. (1-6-1) has lost five straight.
- Ibrahimovic scores on CL return to Malmo, Juve beats City
- Rooney tells United to be more ruthless after 0-0 vs PSV
- PSG routs Malmo 5-0, advances in Champions League
- Ronaldo stars as Real Madrid beats Shakhtar 4-3
- Jimenez double rescues draw for Benfica at Astana
- While Madrid remains in turmoil, Barcelona keeps on thriving
- Premier League cancels Belgium tournament over terror alert
- Suspected match-fixer Dan Tan released from Singapore jail
- Atletico beats Galatasaray 2-0, advances in Champions League
- Juventus beats Man City 1-0 to join it in knockout stage
- Moenchengladbach beats Sevilla 4-2 in Champions League
- Schuerrle steers Wolfsburg to 2-0 win over CSKA Moscow
- United held 0-0 by battling PSV in Champions League
- Chile FF president in Miami after resigning amid FIFA probe
- Dutch soccer club president quits after player deals leaked
- Dynamo Kiev gets empty stadium order for racist fan attacks