Jahn’s goal lifts ‘Quakes to 1-1 draw with Timbers
The goal ended Ricketts’ shutout streak at 314 minutes and it neutralized a 58th-minute score by Portland midfielder Diego Valeri, who returned from a one-game absence due to injury.
Portland (2-1-4) extended its unbeaten streak to five matches, and has never lost to San Jose in eight matches since joining MLS in 2011.
San Jose (2-3-3) is winless in its last four despite the season debuts of key contributors Steven Beitashour and Marvin Chavez.
Jahn has scored twice for the Earthquakes, and both were late equalizers; his 83rd-minute goal against New York paved the way for Wondolowski’s 92nd-minute game-winner in a 2-1 victory on March 10.
Valeri took advantage of a loose rebound when teammate Ryan Johnson had his shot blocked by a last-ditch tackle from Beitashour. The unmarked Argentinean beat San Jose goalkeeper Jon Busch to the ball by a step, and fired home from 12 yards for his second goal.
Ricketts had to make two impressive saves to keep the game scoreless at halftime, including a one-on-one stop of Wondolowski, the league’s reigning MVP, with a fully extended right hand in the 22nd minute.
- Jahn's goal lifts 'Quakes to 1-1 draw with Timbers
- Leicester and Riyad Mahrez lead AP Global Football 10
- Jozy Altidore determined to avoid injury in a big year ahead
- Marcelo could miss Champions League game because of injury
- AP Interview: Sheikh Salman urges 1 candidate in FIFA poll
- Top European clubs play down talk of Super League plans
- Players' union opposes expedited schedule in USSF lawsuit
- Resilient Dunn shoots for a trip to Rio
- Timbers-Earthquakes Preview
- Werder Bremen beats 10-man Leverkusen 3-1 in German Cup
- Racially abused commuter to attend PSG vs Chelsea match
- Conference set for March 3 in USSF suit vs women's union
- Only pride on the line for Neville's Valencia in Copa semis
- Morris, US youth gain valuable experience before busy year
- Real Sociedad overwhelm Espanyol 5-0 in the Spanish league
- Canada soccer head Montagliani to run for CONCACAF president