Jahn’s goal lifts ‘Quakes to 1-1 draw with Timbers
The goal ended Ricketts’ shutout streak at 314 minutes and it neutralized a 58th-minute score by Portland midfielder Diego Valeri, who returned from a one-game absence due to injury.
Portland (2-1-4) extended its unbeaten streak to five matches, and has never lost to San Jose in eight matches since joining MLS in 2011.
San Jose (2-3-3) is winless in its last four despite the season debuts of key contributors Steven Beitashour and Marvin Chavez.
Jahn has scored twice for the Earthquakes, and both were late equalizers; his 83rd-minute goal against New York paved the way for Wondolowski’s 92nd-minute game-winner in a 2-1 victory on March 10.
Valeri took advantage of a loose rebound when teammate Ryan Johnson had his shot blocked by a last-ditch tackle from Beitashour. The unmarked Argentinean beat San Jose goalkeeper Jon Busch to the ball by a step, and fired home from 12 yards for his second goal.
Ricketts had to make two impressive saves to keep the game scoreless at halftime, including a one-on-one stop of Wondolowski, the league’s reigning MVP, with a fully extended right hand in the 22nd minute.
- Revolution-Union Preview
- Fire-Orlando City Preview
- Flamboyant Depay already a crowd-pleaser at Man United
- Norwich City-Southampton Preview
- Spain coach calls up David de Gea for Euro 2016 qualifiers
- Former European champs Ajax, Celtic grouped in Europa League
- Arsenal-Newcastle United Preview
- Sunderland-Aston Villa Preview
- Impact-Toronto FC Preview
- FIFA contender Platini refuses to talk election issues
- Blind replaces Van Persie with Robben as Netherlands captain
- Midfielder Veloso back for Portugal against France, Albania
- Germany picks Liverpool's Emre Can for Euro qualifiers
- Alex Morgan hopes last injury was the last
- Leicester City-Bournemouth Preview
- West Brom-Stoke City Preview