Jahn’s goal lifts ‘Quakes to 1-1 draw with Timbers
The goal ended Ricketts’ shutout streak at 314 minutes and it neutralized a 58th-minute score by Portland midfielder Diego Valeri, who returned from a one-game absence due to injury.
Portland (2-1-4) extended its unbeaten streak to five matches, and has never lost to San Jose in eight matches since joining MLS in 2011.
San Jose (2-3-3) is winless in its last four despite the season debuts of key contributors Steven Beitashour and Marvin Chavez.
Jahn has scored twice for the Earthquakes, and both were late equalizers; his 83rd-minute goal against New York paved the way for Wondolowski’s 92nd-minute game-winner in a 2-1 victory on March 10.
Valeri took advantage of a loose rebound when teammate Ryan Johnson had his shot blocked by a last-ditch tackle from Beitashour. The unmarked Argentinean beat San Jose goalkeeper Jon Busch to the ball by a step, and fired home from 12 yards for his second goal.
Ricketts had to make two impressive saves to keep the game scoreless at halftime, including a one-on-one stop of Wondolowski, the league’s reigning MVP, with a fully extended right hand in the 22nd minute.
- US soccer to play Guatemala on July 3 at Nashville
- Earthquakes-Dynamo Preview
- Juventus faces Real test in Champions League semifinals
- FIFA to study Israel-Palestinians dispute on election day
- Martins scores twice, Dempsey adds another as Sounders roll
- Chelsea wins Premier League title for 1st time in 5 years
- 5-year drought ends as Chelsea is champion of England again
- 1 man dead, 14 police hurt in football rioting in Poland
- Bryant Gumbel defends program and co-workers against lawsuit
- With no ambition and a revolt by fans, Newcastle in freefall
- 30 people arrested in renewed soccer violence in Poland
- Ex-England striker Greaves in intensive care after stroke
- Nagamura heads in winner for Sporting KC, 1-0 over Chicago
- Barcelona faces Bayern, old coach Guardiola in CL semifinal
- Amid title joy, Mourinho concerned for dad after surgery
- Timbers, Whitecaps play to 0-0 draw in Valeri's return