Martin lifts Sounders past Rapids 1-0
Seattle (1-3-2) beat Colorado for the seventh straight time and got its first win of the season. The Sounders have scored just three goals while being shut out three times.
Colorado goalkeeper Clint Irwin stopped a shot from the slot by Shalrie Joseph. The ball bonded right back to Martin, who put the ball past the outstretched hands of Irvin for his first goal with Seattle.
The ball had barely passed into the netting when Martins began a series of front cartwheels into the arms of several teammates.
Colorado (2-4-2) lost for the first time in three matches. Irwin had posted back-to-back shutouts.
The Rapids played without leading goal-scorer Deshorn Brown. The rookie forward suffered a thigh injury in Friday’s practice and is expected to miss up to two weeks.
- Kljestan, Grella score; Red Bulls beat Earthquakes 2-0
- Orlando City-Crew Preview
- Bayern Munich regrets longtime doctor's departure
- Arsenal, Reading meet in FA Cup semifinal mismatch
- City says injured Kompany could be out for the season
- Southampton-Stoke City Preview
- Earthquakes-Red Bulls Preview
- Morris scores in 1st US start in 2-0 win over Mexico
- Sporting Kansas City-Galaxy Preview
- Beckenbauer: Bayern 'far, far, far away' from Euro title
- Whitecaps FC-Real Salt Lake Preview
- Study: Mario Balotelli heavily targeted on social media
- Sounders-Rapids Preview
- Hamsik puts Napoli on brink of Europa League semis
- Police will consider fresh evidence into 1985 Bradford fire
- Barcelona needs to avoid another slip against Valencia