Martin lifts Sounders past Rapids 1-0
Seattle (1-3-2) beat Colorado for the seventh straight time and got its first win of the season. The Sounders have scored just three goals while being shut out three times.
Colorado goalkeeper Clint Irwin stopped a shot from the slot by Shalrie Joseph. The ball bonded right back to Martin, who put the ball past the outstretched hands of Irvin for his first goal with Seattle.
The ball had barely passed into the netting when Martins began a series of front cartwheels into the arms of several teammates.
Colorado (2-4-2) lost for the first time in three matches. Irwin had posted back-to-back shutouts.
The Rapids played without leading goal-scorer Deshorn Brown. The rookie forward suffered a thigh injury in Friday’s practice and is expected to miss up to two weeks.
- Juergen Klopp wants to turn Liverpool 'into believers'
- US men embrace Mexico soccer rivalry heading to Rose Bowl
- With Platini suspended, FIFA election field more uncertain
- Serbia snatches 2-0 win in Albania in tense Euro qualifier
- Juergen Klopp takes over as new Liverpool manager
- France beats Armenia 4-0 in friendly match
- After Dortmund deeds, Klopp has Liverpool dreaming again
- Impact-Rapids Preview
- Brazil loses without Neymar; Argentina falls with no Messi
- Blatter suspended as FIFA president; Platini also banned
- Portugal, Northern Ireland book Euro 2016 places
- Messi to stand trial in Spain on 3 counts of tax fraud
- Ireland upsets Germany 1-0 in Euro 2016 qualifier
- Northern Ireland qualifies for its first Euros
- The Latest: Sheikh Salman calls for FIFA ExCo meeting
- Statement from suspended UEFA President Michel Platini