Union rallies to tie Toronto FC 1-1
McInerney, who leads the Union with four goals, scored about 4 minutes after Toronto FC’s Ashtone Morgan was ejected with a red card. Morgan accumulated two yellow cards and was sent off in the 88th minute.
The Union is 2-2-2, and Toronto 1-2-3.
From there, it became quite chippy with physical play from both clubs.
When Morgan was ejected, the Union seemed to be energized. In fact, second-year forward Antoine Hoppenot had a chance to score in the waning seconds. Hoppenot broke free and took a shot from 10 feet away, but he was stymied by goalkeeper Joseph Bendik.
- City doesn't waste Chelsea slip, Madrid wins big in Spain
- Meram lifts Crew over NYCFC, 2-1
- Timbers-Sounders Preview
- Mourinho endures rare loss; Man City breaks club wins record
- Salinas, Earthquakes beat 10-man Galaxy for 4th straight win
- Sporting Kansas City-Rapids Preview
- Crew-New York City FC Preview
- Manchester United-Swansea City Preview