Brown scores on early PK as Rapids beat Chivas USA
Brown converted from the penalty spot after he was knocked over by Eric Avila in Chivas’ box when he took a pass from Dillon Powers. The Rapids (2-3-2), missing six top players due to injury, won back-to-back games for the first time this season.
Chivas USA (3-2-1) missed a penalty kick near the end of the first half, struggled to create scoring chances and lost for the first time in five games.
Chivas could have tied it after Jose Erick Correa was knocked down by Shane O’Neill as he leaped for a short cross from Laurent Courtois, but Correa fired off the crossbar, and Rapids goalkeeper Clint Irwin got low to save Carlos Alvarez’s rebound from 19 yards.
- Gordon's goal in stoppage time lifts Galaxy over Dynamo 1-0
- Beckham and University of Miami discuss stadium partnership
- Manchester United-Hull City Preview
- FC Dallas-Impact Preview
- Whitecaps FC-Rapids Preview
- New York City FC-Real Salt Lake Preview
- Sporting Kansas City-Sounders Preview
- Scolari out of a job, without many supporters in Brazil
- Johnson scores late goal, Fire tie Crew 2-2
- Queens Park Rangers-Leicester City Preview
- Liverpool-Stoke City Preview
- Southampton-Manchester City Preview
- D.C. United-Revolution Preview
- Timbers-Toronto FC Preview
- Army removes WWII bomb near London's Wembley Stadium
- Greece escapes soccer suspension, FIFA happy with changes