Brown scores on early PK as Rapids beat Chivas USA
Brown converted from the penalty spot after he was knocked over by Eric Avila in Chivas’ box when he took a pass from Dillon Powers. The Rapids (2-3-2), missing six top players due to injury, won back-to-back games for the first time this season.
Chivas USA (3-2-1) missed a penalty kick near the end of the first half, struggled to create scoring chances and lost for the first time in five games.
Chivas could have tied it after Jose Erick Correa was knocked down by Shane O’Neill as he leaped for a short cross from Laurent Courtois, but Correa fired off the crossbar, and Rapids goalkeeper Clint Irwin got low to save Carlos Alvarez’s rebound from 19 yards.
- Brazilian refs sending message to players: Stop the whining!
- 4 players fined by MLS for infractions
- Guzan, US seek to maintain momentum against Guatemala
- Red Bulls defender Duvall has surgery on a broken leg
- D.C. United-Sounders Preview
- Turmoil in Russian football as government limits foreigners
- China's Evergrande Taobao team applies for stock listing
- US files formal extradition request for 7 FIFA officials
- Copa America: Argentina, Chile trying to end title drought
- Bradley replaces Dempsey as US captain for CONCACAF Gold Cup
- Some of the saddest own goals in soccer
- Fire-Dynamo Preview
- Madrid buys back Lucas Vazquez from Espanyol
- UEFA confirms Rubin Kazan to get Europa League place
- Homes of Dinamo Zagreb bosses raided by Croatian police
- Chicharito injures collarbone as Mexico ties Honduras