Brown scores on early PK as Rapids beat Chivas USA
Brown converted from the penalty spot after he was knocked over by Eric Avila in Chivas’ box when he took a pass from Dillon Powers. The Rapids (2-3-2), missing six top players due to injury, won back-to-back games for the first time this season.
Chivas USA (3-2-1) missed a penalty kick near the end of the first half, struggled to create scoring chances and lost for the first time in five games.
Chivas could have tied it after Jose Erick Correa was knocked down by Shane O’Neill as he leaped for a short cross from Laurent Courtois, but Correa fired off the crossbar, and Rapids goalkeeper Clint Irwin got low to save Carlos Alvarez’s rebound from 19 yards.
- Chelsea-Arsenal Preview
- Garber: MLS wants top Americans despite Klinsmann's view
- Real Salt Lake-Revolution Preview
- Sporting Kansas City-Dynamo Preview
- Europa League semifinals: Sevilla-Fiorentina, Napoli-Dnipro
- Leicester City-Burnley Preview
- Sevilla, Fiorentina, Dnipro, Napoli make Europa League semis
- MLS suspends players from NYC, Seattle, Colorado
- Manchester United-Everton Preview
- Garber: MLS plan in 6 months to expand beyond 24 teams
- D.C. United-Whitecaps FC Preview
- Union-Crew Preview
- Swansea City-Newcastle United Preview
- Tottenham Hotspur-Southampton Preview
- West Ham United-Queens Park Rangers Preview
- FIFA rejects lawmakers' call to re-run Qatar World Cup vote