Brown scores on early PK as Rapids beat Chivas USA
Brown converted from the penalty spot after he was knocked over by Eric Avila in Chivas’ box when he took a pass from Dillon Powers. The Rapids (2-3-2), missing six top players due to injury, won back-to-back games for the first time this season.
Chivas USA (3-2-1) missed a penalty kick near the end of the first half, struggled to create scoring chances and lost for the first time in five games.
Chivas could have tied it after Jose Erick Correa was knocked down by Shane O’Neill as he leaped for a short cross from Laurent Courtois, but Correa fired off the crossbar, and Rapids goalkeeper Clint Irwin got low to save Carlos Alvarez’s rebound from 19 yards.
- Dutch on verge of missing out on Euro 2016
- Spanish prosecutors call for arrest of Messi's father
- Chung says he is facing lengthy FIFA suspension
- Dos Santos to miss Mexico's playoff vs US
- Mourinho charged by English FA after getting Chelsea backing
- Fire breaks out at Luzhniki Stadium in Moscow
- Honduras gets semifinal spot CONCACAF Olympic qualifying
- Real Salt Lake eliminates Colorado Rapids from playoff race
- Aguero replaces Lewandowski atop AP Global Football 10
- Albania plans tough security for Euro qualifier with Serbia
- Cameron Carter-Vickers shines on soccer field for US
- Liverpool gives up on Rodgers experiment, but maybe too soon
- Swiss refuse to release Venezuelan FIFA suspect on bail
- Barrett scores in stoppage time, Sounders tie Galaxy 1-1
- Mexico beats Haiti to take Olympic qualifying semifinal spot
- FC Dallas clinches playoff berth, sweeps Dynamo with 4-1 win