Brown scores on early PK as Rapids beat Chivas USA
Brown converted from the penalty spot after he was knocked over by Eric Avila in Chivas’ box when he took a pass from Dillon Powers. The Rapids (2-3-2), missing six top players due to injury, won back-to-back games for the first time this season.
Chivas USA (3-2-1) missed a penalty kick near the end of the first half, struggled to create scoring chances and lost for the first time in five games.
Chivas could have tied it after Jose Erick Correa was knocked down by Shane O’Neill as he leaped for a short cross from Laurent Courtois, but Correa fired off the crossbar, and Rapids goalkeeper Clint Irwin got low to save Carlos Alvarez’s rebound from 19 yards.
- Timbers-Sounders Preview
- Mourinho endures rare loss; Man City breaks club wins record
- Salinas, Earthquakes beat 10-man Galaxy for 4th straight win
- Sporting Kansas City-Rapids Preview
- Crew-New York City FC Preview
- Manchester United-Swansea City Preview
- Impact-Toronto FC Preview
- FIFA contender Platini refuses to talk election issues