Brown scores on early PK as Rapids beat Chivas USA
Brown converted from the penalty spot after he was knocked over by Eric Avila in Chivas’ box when he took a pass from Dillon Powers. The Rapids (2-3-2), missing six top players due to injury, won back-to-back games for the first time this season.
Chivas USA (3-2-1) missed a penalty kick near the end of the first half, struggled to create scoring chances and lost for the first time in five games.
Chivas could have tied it after Jose Erick Correa was knocked down by Shane O’Neill as he leaped for a short cross from Laurent Courtois, but Correa fired off the crossbar, and Rapids goalkeeper Clint Irwin got low to save Carlos Alvarez’s rebound from 19 yards.
- Kane goal leads Tottenham into Europa League last-32
- Southampton-Manchester City Preview
- Madrid in mayhem heads north to face tiny but tough Eibar
- Vardy takes unlikely route to Premier League record book
- Qatar launches probe after rains exposed poor construction
- French authorities extend ban on traveling soccer fans
- Atletico beats Galatasaray 2-0, advances in Champions League
- Juventus beats Man City 1-0 to join it in knockout stage
- Del Nero quits FIFA executive committee; Sarney takes over
- Stoke City-Sunderland Preview
- FIFA donates 48 luxury watches to non-profit organization
- Leicester upstaging the big names in English Premier League
- UEFA confirms steroid positive test in Dinamo Zagreb case
- Ibrahimovic scores on CL return to Malmo, Juve beats City
- Rooney tells United to be more ruthless after 0-0 vs PSV
- PSG routs Malmo 5-0, advances in Champions League