Santos scores twice to lead Fire over Red Bulls
Santos scored his first goal in the 83rd minute to break a 1-1 tie, rolling a 15-yard right-footed shot from the left side after taking a feed from Paladini and running for about 40 yards. He faked defender Jamison Olave to the turf and booted the ball past Luis Robles.
It was the first win of the season for Chicago (1-3-1), which had been held to one goal in its first four matches, totaling 360 minutes plus stoppage time.
Olave gave New York a 1-0 lead in the 17th with a left-footed volley to hammer home a header by Tim Cahill.
The Fire tied it on a header by Paladini and Santos’ second goal came in the 89th minute.
- Liverpool's decline leaves Rodgers' future in jeopardy
- Platini: FIFA led by Blatter will always lack credibility
- Player dies in second-division match in Argentina
- The Latest: Aguero finishes as top scorer in Premier League
- Drogba to leave Chelsea again, wants to play 1 more season
- Real Salt Lake extends NYCFC's winless streak to 10 games
- Ignacio Piatti leads Impact past FC Dallas, 2-1
- Valencia grabs Spain's last CL spot; Almeria, Eibar go down
- Palestinians to push forth with bid to oust Israel from FIFA
- Wondolowski nets 100th goal in 1-1 draw with Orlando City
- Union win second straight, beat Red Bulls 2-0
- The Latest: Owner Mike Ashley is staying with Newcastle
- Sounders and Sporting Kansas City play to 0-0 tie
- Colorado beats Vancouver to end 11-game home winless streak
- Arrieta, DC United tie 9-man New England 1-1
- Benfica replaces Porto on preseason tour