Santos scores twice to lead Fire over Red Bulls
Santos scored his first goal in the 83rd minute to break a 1-1 tie, rolling a 15-yard right-footed shot from the left side after taking a feed from Paladini and running for about 40 yards. He faked defender Jamison Olave to the turf and booted the ball past Luis Robles.
It was the first win of the season for Chicago (1-3-1), which had been held to one goal in its first four matches, totaling 360 minutes plus stoppage time.
Olave gave New York a 1-0 lead in the 17th with a left-footed volley to hammer home a header by Tim Cahill.
The Fire tied it on a header by Paladini and Santos’ second goal came in the 89th minute.
- Felipe second-half header gives Red Bulls 1-1 tie with LA
- Juventus beaten 2-1 by Torino in derby marred by violence
- DC United beats 10-man Whitecaps 2-1
- Finlay scores twice; Crew power past Union 4-1
- Barca stays in control in Spain; City grabs late winner
- PSG crushes Lille 6-1 to move 3 points ahead of Lyon
- Liverpool's Champions League hopes take another hit
- Friday's Sports In Brief
- Bayern wins Bundesliga; Chelsea close to EPL title
- Dozens injured, arrested after soccer riots in Serbia
- Feilhaber scores in stoppage time; Sporting KC ties Houston
- Caldwell scores first MLS goal as New England beats RSL
- City wins as Champions League places look set in England
- Toronto FC-Orlando City Preview
- Watford back in Premier League after 8-year absence
- Accam scores early; Chicago beats 10-man NYCFC 1-0