Santos scores twice to lead Fire over Red Bulls
Santos scored his first goal in the 83rd minute to break a 1-1 tie, rolling a 15-yard right-footed shot from the left side after taking a feed from Paladini and running for about 40 yards. He faked defender Jamison Olave to the turf and booted the ball past Luis Robles.
It was the first win of the season for Chicago (1-3-1), which had been held to one goal in its first four matches, totaling 360 minutes plus stoppage time.
Olave gave New York a 1-0 lead in the 17th with a left-footed volley to hammer home a header by Tim Cahill.
The Fire tied it on a header by Paladini and Santos’ second goal came in the 89th minute.
- Whitecaps FC-Dynamo Preview
- Judge releases Argentine businessmen held in FIFA scandal
- Real Salt Lake-FC Dallas Preview
- Revolution-Union Preview
- Fire-Orlando City Preview
- Flamboyant Depay already a crowd-pleaser at Man United
- Norwich City-Southampton Preview
- Spain coach calls up David de Gea for Euro 2016 qualifiers
- Sporting Kansas City-Rapids Preview
- Crew-New York City FC Preview
- Manchester United-Swansea City Preview
- Impact-Toronto FC Preview
- FIFA contender Platini refuses to talk election issues
- Blind replaces Van Persie with Robben as Netherlands captain
- Midfielder Veloso back for Portugal against France, Albania
- Germany picks Liverpool's Emre Can for Euro qualifiers