Russell gives Dallas 2-2 draw with Toronto in 90th
Russell hammered home a right-footed shot from just outside the penalty box off the post and in to beat goalie Raul Fernandez. It was a sweet redemption for the English fullback, who was victimized on both Los Angeles goals in a 2-2 tie last weekend.
Substitute Justin Braun assisted on the tying goal after scoring one himself minutes earlier to start the comeback. The big forward, in his Toronto debut, headed the ball in from close range in the 85th after defender Matt Hedges failed to clear the ball.
Andrew Jacobson and Blaz Perez scored for FC Dallas, which had won three straight, including two consecutive shutouts. Braun’s goal ended the shutout streak at 272 minutes, the first goal conceded by Dallas since March 17 against Houston.
- Earthquakes-Union Preview
- D.C. United-Fire Preview
- Freiburg promoted, returns to Bundesliga after 1 season away
- Dynamo-Real Salt Lake Preview
- Bournemouth-Everton Preview
- Ronaldo and Benzema to miss match hoping to be fit for City
- Platini to find out by May 9 if CAS appeal is successful
- Crew-Sounders Preview
- Ibrahimovic scores 2 as French champion PSG routs Rennes 4-0
- Rapids-Impact Preview
- Whitecaps FC-New York City FC Preview
- Norwich City-Arsenal Preview
- Ranieri closes in on Hollywood ending with Leicester
- Orlando City-Revolution Preview
- Manchester City-Southampton Preview
- Pochettino plans to extend Tottenham stay with new contract