Russell gives Dallas 2-2 draw with Toronto in 90th
Russell hammered home a right-footed shot from just outside the penalty box off the post and in to beat goalie Raul Fernandez. It was a sweet redemption for the English fullback, who was victimized on both Los Angeles goals in a 2-2 tie last weekend.
Substitute Justin Braun assisted on the tying goal after scoring one himself minutes earlier to start the comeback. The big forward, in his Toronto debut, headed the ball in from close range in the 85th after defender Matt Hedges failed to clear the ball.
Andrew Jacobson and Blaz Perez scored for FC Dallas, which had won three straight, including two consecutive shutouts. Braun’s goal ended the shutout streak at 272 minutes, the first goal conceded by Dallas since March 17 against Houston.
- THE LATEST: Palestinians drop motion against Israel at FIFA
- Football world marks 30 years of Heysel with solemn service
- Underdog Villa aims to spring a surprise in FA Cup final
- New stars likely to be found at Under-20 World Cup in NZ
- A look at the voting blocs in the FIFA president balloting
- THE LATEST: US will vote for Prince Ali in FIFA election
- UN reviewing FIFA partnerships amid corruption scandal
- Defiant soccer chief resists calls to resign amid scandal
- Blatter says vote for Russia, Qatar the root of FIFA crisis
- Qatar says it will go forward with plans to host World Cup
- MLS bringing 2016 All-Star game to San Jose's Avaya Stadium
- Ex-FIFA vice president Warner leaves jail in ambulance
- US to vote for Ali in FIFA election and not Blatter
- Hawit becomes CONCACAF acting president after Webb charged
- FC Dallas-Sporting Kansas City Preview
- EA Sports is adding the women's game to FIFA 2016