Russell gives Dallas 2-2 draw with Toronto in 90th
Russell hammered home a right-footed shot from just outside the penalty box off the post and in to beat goalie Raul Fernandez. It was a sweet redemption for the English fullback, who was victimized on both Los Angeles goals in a 2-2 tie last weekend.
Substitute Justin Braun assisted on the tying goal after scoring one himself minutes earlier to start the comeback. The big forward, in his Toronto debut, headed the ball in from close range in the 85th after defender Matt Hedges failed to clear the ball.
Andrew Jacobson and Blaz Perez scored for FC Dallas, which had won three straight, including two consecutive shutouts. Braun’s goal ended the shutout streak at 272 minutes, the first goal conceded by Dallas since March 17 against Houston.
- Crew reach MLS Cup with 2-1 aggregate win over Red Bulls
- Bale, Ronaldo ease pressure on Benitez in Madrid win
- Arsenal held 1-1 by Norwich as Sanchez comes off injured
- Tottenham extends unbeaten run by holding Chelsea 0-0
- Casillas saves penalty in Porto's 1-0 win at Tondela
- Vardy sets EPL record by scoring in 11th straight game
- Victory goes top in A-League as fans stage walkout
- Man City beats Southampton 3-1 in Premier League
- Adi and Melano score, Timbers tie FC Dallas 2-2 to advance
- Draws for both Arsenal, Chelsea but only 1 team is satisfied
- Milner penalty gives Liverpool 1-0 win over Swansea
- West Ham draws 1-1 with West Brom in Premier League
- Neymar, Suarez, Messi score as Barca beats Sociedad 4-0
- Niang scores 2, sets up 1 in AC Milan's 4-1 win over Samp
- Heavy security as PSG plays first home game since shootings
- Italy great Dino Zoff hospitalized with viral infection