Russell gives Dallas 2-2 draw with Toronto in 90th
Russell hammered home a right-footed shot from just outside the penalty box off the post and in to beat goalie Raul Fernandez. It was a sweet redemption for the English fullback, who was victimized on both Los Angeles goals in a 2-2 tie last weekend.
Substitute Justin Braun assisted on the tying goal after scoring one himself minutes earlier to start the comeback. The big forward, in his Toronto debut, headed the ball in from close range in the 85th after defender Matt Hedges failed to clear the ball.
Andrew Jacobson and Blaz Perez scored for FC Dallas, which had won three straight, including two consecutive shutouts. Braun’s goal ended the shutout streak at 272 minutes, the first goal conceded by Dallas since March 17 against Houston.
- US men embrace Mexico soccer rivalry heading to Rose Bowl
- With Platini suspended, FIFA election field more uncertain
- Serbia snatches 2-0 win in Albania in tense Euro qualifier
- Juergen Klopp takes over as new Liverpool manager
- France beats Armenia 4-0 in friendly match
- After Dortmund deeds, Klopp has Liverpool dreaming again
- Impact-Rapids Preview
- Column: Sepp Blatter, hoisted by his own petard at FIFA
- Blatter suspended as FIFA president; Platini also banned
- Portugal, Northern Ireland book Euro 2016 places
- Messi to stand trial in Spain on 3 counts of tax fraud
- Ireland upsets Germany 1-0 in Euro 2016 qualifier
- Northern Ireland qualifies for its first Euros
- The Latest: Sheikh Salman calls for FIFA ExCo meeting
- Statement from suspended UEFA President Michel Platini
- Practicing in a car park: WCup qualifying for Somalia's team