Russell gives Dallas 2-2 draw with Toronto in 90th
Russell hammered home a right-footed shot from just outside the penalty box off the post and in to beat goalie Raul Fernandez. It was a sweet redemption for the English fullback, who was victimized on both Los Angeles goals in a 2-2 tie last weekend.
Substitute Justin Braun assisted on the tying goal after scoring one himself minutes earlier to start the comeback. The big forward, in his Toronto debut, headed the ball in from close range in the 85th after defender Matt Hedges failed to clear the ball.
Andrew Jacobson and Blaz Perez scored for FC Dallas, which had won three straight, including two consecutive shutouts. Braun’s goal ended the shutout streak at 272 minutes, the first goal conceded by Dallas since March 17 against Houston.
- Luis Suarez and Barcelona lead AP Global Football 10
- Council of Europe to urge FIFA re-vote on World Cup in Qatar
- 3rd trophyless year sharpens scrutiny of Rodgers at Anfield
- Barcelona defends 3-1 lead at home in CL 2nd leg against PSG
- Swiss women's soccer league player banned 1 year for doping
- Portland scores late to beat NYC FC, 1-0
- Madrid rivals clash again in Champions League
- 8 people killed at Brazilian soccer team's fan club
- Injury-hit Madrid hosts Atletico in Champions League
- Juventus ready to end Italy's Champions League semis drought
- Sepp Blatter tells World Cup detractors to 'stay at home'
- Bayern's season in balance as it faces 2-goal deficit
- Bale injures calf muscle, likely to miss Atletico match
- Bunbury rallies New England past Philadelphia, 2-1
- Villa beats Liverpool to secure FA Cup final against Arsenal
- Los Angeles rallies to beat Sporting KC in stoppage time