Russell gives Dallas 2-2 draw with Toronto in 90th
Russell hammered home a right-footed shot from just outside the penalty box off the post and in to beat goalie Raul Fernandez. It was a sweet redemption for the English fullback, who was victimized on both Los Angeles goals in a 2-2 tie last weekend.
Substitute Justin Braun assisted on the tying goal after scoring one himself minutes earlier to start the comeback. The big forward, in his Toronto debut, headed the ball in from close range in the 85th after defender Matt Hedges failed to clear the ball.
Andrew Jacobson and Blaz Perez scored for FC Dallas, which had won three straight, including two consecutive shutouts. Braun’s goal ended the shutout streak at 272 minutes, the first goal conceded by Dallas since March 17 against Houston.
- US plays Aruba or St Vincent in World Cup qualifying opener
- Impact acquire former Chelsea striker Didier Drogba
- FIFA tweaks appointment rules for reforms task force
- Landon Donovan stays connected to the game
- New York Red Bulls sign Shaun Wright-Phillips
- FIFA welcomes legal win for ban on third-party ownership
- Mexico wins 7th Gold Cup title with 3-1 victory over Jamaica
- US soccer team to open World Cup qualifying in St. Louis
- Shannon Boxx and Lauren Holiday to retire after victory tour
- Mexico national team coach allegedly hits TV journalist
- DeAndre Yedlin on Tottenham roster for MLS All-Star Game
- Trinidad extradition hearing delayed for ex-FIFA VP Warner
- Red Bulls sign Bradley Wright-Phillips' brother, Shaun
- Partnership lets Major League Soccer players earn degrees
- CONCACAF known for corruption as much as soccer
- Mike Grella lifts Red Bulls past Benfica, 2-1