Sporting Kansas City beats DC 1-0
KANSAS CITY, Missouri (AP)—Sporting Kansas City’s Claudio Bieler scored in the 89th minute to give the hosts a 1-0 victory over D.C. United on Friday, lifting them to second in the MLS Eastern Conference.
Sporting has not given up a goal in 429 consecutive minutes and ran its winning streak against D.C. to five matches.
Second-half substitute Soony Saad set up the late winner, stealing the ball near the left corner flag, dribbling between a defender’s legs then passing back to Bieler.
The Argentine placed his shot just inside the right post for his fourth goal since joining Sporting this season from Ecuadorian side LDU Quito.
- Altidore, Dempsey rejoin US lineup against Guatemala
- Whitecaps FC-Rapids Preview
- Revolution-FC Dallas Preview
- Barcelona loans defender Montoya Torralbo to Inter Milan
- Copa America: Argentina, Chile trying to end title drought
- 4 players fined by MLS for infractions
- Guzan, US seek to maintain momentum against Guatemala
- Red Bulls defender Duvall has surgery on a broken leg