Sporting Kansas City beats DC 1-0
KANSAS CITY, Missouri (AP)—Sporting Kansas City’s Claudio Bieler scored in the 89th minute to give the hosts a 1-0 victory over D.C. United on Friday, lifting them to second in the MLS Eastern Conference.
Sporting has not given up a goal in 429 consecutive minutes and ran its winning streak against D.C. to five matches.
Second-half substitute Soony Saad set up the late winner, stealing the ball near the left corner flag, dribbling between a defender’s legs then passing back to Bieler.
The Argentine placed his shot just inside the right post for his fourth goal since joining Sporting this season from Ecuadorian side LDU Quito.
- Ibrahimovic scores on CL return to Malmo, Juve beats City
- Rooney tells United to be more ruthless after 0-0 vs PSV
- PSG routs Malmo 5-0, advances in Champions League
- Ronaldo stars as Real Madrid beats Shakhtar 4-3
- Jimenez double rescues draw for Benfica at Astana
- While Madrid remains in turmoil, Barcelona keeps on thriving
- Premier League cancels Belgium tournament over terror alert
- Suspected match-fixer Dan Tan released from Singapore jail
- Atletico beats Galatasaray 2-0, advances in Champions League
- Juventus beats Man City 1-0 to join it in knockout stage
- Moenchengladbach beats Sevilla 4-2 in Champions League
- Schuerrle steers Wolfsburg to 2-0 win over CSKA Moscow
- United held 0-0 by battling PSV in Champions League
- Chile FF president in Miami after resigning amid FIFA probe
- Dutch soccer club president quits after player deals leaked
- Dynamo Kiev gets empty stadium order for racist fan attacks