Chivas USA beats Fire 4-1
Velazquez gave Chivas (2-1-1) a 2-1 lead on a header in the 73rd minute. He directed midfielder Edgar Mejia’s long cross from the left side past goalkeeper Paolo Tornaghi before Chicago’s defenders could react.
Agudelo scored just under 2 minutes later. He took a loose ball, ran to the goal, and scored from 15 yards out when Chicago midfielder Jeff Larentowicz backed off.
Patrick Nyarko scored Chicago’s only goal, its first of the season after 333 minutes, 57 seconds, plus stoppage time, without a tally. It tied the match, but only for 9 minutes.
Mejia opened the scoring on a 24-yard blast in the 57th minute.
The Fire dropped to 0-3-1.
- Dutch soccer club president quits after player deals leaked
- Chile FF president in Miami after resigning amid FIFA probe
- While Madrid remains in turmoil, Barcelona keeps on thriving
- Dynamo Kiev gets empty stadium order for racist fan attacks
- Arsenal's Champs League hopes alive with 3-0 win over Zagreb
- Messi scores first goals after injury, Barca routs Roma 6-1
- Mehmedi rescues draw for Leverkusen at BATE
- Gent keeps Champions League hopes up by winning 2-1 at Lyon
- Jimenez double rescues draw for Benfica at Astana
- While Madrid remains in turmoil, Barcelona keeps o
- Suspected match-fixer Dan Tan released from Singapore jail
- Goals galore in Champs Lg as Barcelona and Bayern advance
- Chelsea beats Maccabi Tel Aviv 4-0 in Champions League
- Dzyuba powers Zenit to 2-0 over Valencia in Champs League
- Bayern beats Olympiakos 4-0, wins Group F in Champs League
- Dynamo Kiev upsets FC Porto 2-0, in Champions League