Chivas USA beats Fire 4-1
Velazquez gave Chivas (2-1-1) a 2-1 lead on a header in the 73rd minute. He directed midfielder Edgar Mejia’s long cross from the left side past goalkeeper Paolo Tornaghi before Chicago’s defenders could react.
Agudelo scored just under 2 minutes later. He took a loose ball, ran to the goal, and scored from 15 yards out when Chicago midfielder Jeff Larentowicz backed off.
Patrick Nyarko scored Chicago’s only goal, its first of the season after 333 minutes, 57 seconds, plus stoppage time, without a tally. It tied the match, but only for 9 minutes.
Mejia opened the scoring on a 24-yard blast in the 57th minute.
The Fire dropped to 0-3-1.
- Americans use 2nd-half surge to beat Panama 4-0
- After defying quit calls, Blatter mediates between FAs
- Former West Germany great Gerd Mueller has Alzheimer's
- South Sudan starts unlikely quest to reach 2018 World Cup
- Impact-Red Bulls Preview
- Dutch on verge of missing out on Euro 2016
- Spanish prosecutors call for arrest of Messi's father
- Chung says he is facing lengthy FIFA suspension
- Mora helps Cuba tie Canada, 2-2
- Japan under pressure in Asian World Cup qualification
- Sao Paulo says Osorio resigns to coach Mexico national team
- FC Dallas-Whitecaps FC Preview
- Lukas Podolski out of Germany's final Euro 2016 qualifiers
- Aguero replaces Lewandowski atop AP Global Football 10
- Albania plans tough security for Euro qualifier with Serbia
- Cameron Carter-Vickers shines on soccer field for US