Chivas USA beats Fire 4-1
Velazquez gave Chivas (2-1-1) a 2-1 lead on a header in the 73rd minute. He directed midfielder Edgar Mejia’s long cross from the left side past goalkeeper Paolo Tornaghi before Chicago’s defenders could react.
Agudelo scored just under 2 minutes later. He took a loose ball, ran to the goal, and scored from 15 yards out when Chicago midfielder Jeff Larentowicz backed off.
Patrick Nyarko scored Chicago’s only goal, its first of the season after 333 minutes, 57 seconds, plus stoppage time, without a tally. It tied the match, but only for 9 minutes.
Mejia opened the scoring on a 24-yard blast in the 57th minute.
The Fire dropped to 0-3-1.
- Sounders and Sporting Kansas City play to 0-0 tie
- Colorado beats Vancouver to end 11-game home winless streak
- Arrieta, DC United tie 9-man New England 1-1
- Benfica replaces Porto on preseason tour
- Giovinco lifts Toronto FC past Timbers, 1-0
- Ancelotti: 'I continue at Madrid, or I take yearlong break'
- Orlando City-Earthquakes Preview
- Gordon's goal in stoppage time lifts Galaxy over Dynamo 1-0
- Real Salt Lake extends NYCFC's winless streak to 10 games
- Ignacio Piatti leads Impact past FC Dallas, 2-1
- Valencia grabs Spain's last CL spot; Almeria, Eibar go down
- Monaco claims final Champions League birth
- Benfica celebrates title with sons of fan beaten by police
- Union-Red Bulls Preview
- Blatter set to polarize opinion for 4 more years at FIFA
- Johnson scores late goal, Fire tie Crew 2-2