Revolution, Sporting KC tie 0-0
It was the second straight shutout match for both clubs. New England (1-1-1) is scoreless through 208 minutes, and Sporting KC (1-1-2) is scoreless in 203 minutes.
Sporting KC, 0-2-3 in its meetings with New England, had its best scoring chance in the 19th minute when C.J. Sapong banged a ball off of the crossbar out of a goalmouth scramble.
During the second half, Sporting KC had two other good chances—a header by Ike Opara off of a corner kick in the 49th minute that was stopped by Reis, and a header by Sapong, off of another corner kick in the 83rd.
New England totaled six corner kicks, five during the first half of play, all off the toe of Lee Nguyen, but none created a shot. The Revolution’s best opportunity came in the 78th minute on Juan Toja’s direct kick, but the ball sailed over the crossbar.
- Mexico salvages 3-3 tie with Trinidad and Tobago
- Messi scores twice, Argentina beats Bolivia 7-0
- Germany moves top of Euro 2016 qualifying group
- Hungary, Romania draw 0-0 in Euro 2016 qualifier
- Denmark, Albania draw 0-0 in European qualifier
- Union-Earthquakes Preview
- Orlando City-Revolution Preview
- Porto wants Champions League donations to migrants
- Altidore scores twice as US rallies to beat Peru 2-1
- FFA aware of security situation ahead of World Cup match
- Jermaine Jones makes 1st US start since February
- Goetze leads Germany to 3-1 win over Poland and top spot
- Toronto's Warner, Montreal's Cabrera suspended by MLS
- Toronto FC-Sounders Preview
- Italy's Serie B to introduce green cards for fair play
- Fire-Impact Preview