Speas pushes Crew to 2-1 victory at United
Josh Williams also scored to help Columbus win for the first time win in Washington since 2010, and snap D.C. United’s 17-match home unbeaten run, during which they won 13 matches and drew four.
Columbus has won two of its first three road matches, during a season-opening stretch where it will play five of seven away from home.
Rafael Teixeira scored in his club debut for D.C. on a sensational volley, but couldn’t prevent United’s first home defeat since the 2012 season opener against Kansas City.
- With no Blatter, Hayatou to present trophy at Women's WCup
- Messi & Argentina shining together, closer to elusive title
- Collision again raises issue of concussions in World Cup
- Man U's game vs. Earthquakes switched to Avaya Stadium
- UEFA tells Spanish league to accept 2022 World Cup dates
- Chile beats Peru 2-1 to reach Copa America final
- UEFA eases restrictions on club spending
- Czech football great Josef Masopust dies at 84
- US heads to World Cup final with 2-0 win over Germany
- Argentina routs Paraguay 6-1, reaches Copa America final
- Missed penalty kick costs Germany in 2-0 loss to US
- Brad Davis scratched from US Gold Cup team; Garza added
- FIFA hopeful Bility says would step aside for Hayatou
- Dutch FA terminates Hiddink's contract as coach
- Goalkeeper Petr Cech joins Arsenal from Chelsea
- Fanendo Adi leads Timbers past Sounders, 4-1