Speas pushes Crew to 2-1 victory at United
Josh Williams also scored to help Columbus win for the first time win in Washington since 2010, and snap D.C. United’s 17-match home unbeaten run, during which they won 13 matches and drew four.
Columbus has won two of its first three road matches, during a season-opening stretch where it will play five of seven away from home.
Rafael Teixeira scored in his club debut for D.C. on a sensational volley, but couldn’t prevent United’s first home defeat since the 2012 season opener against Kansas City.
- Dynamo and Rapids play to scoreless draw
- 10-man FC Dallas holds off the Sounders, 0-0
- DC United scores in stoppage time, edges Galaxy 1-0
- Argentina, without Messi, beats El Salvador 2-0
- Kaka, Ribeiro help Orlando City tie Montreal 2-2
- Galaxy goalie Brian Perk has ankle surgery, out for season
- El Salvador soccer players acquitted in match-fixing case
- Breakaway Turkish Cypriots set to join ranks of Cyprus FA
- Earnshaw scores late goal, Whitecaps edge Timbers 2-1
- Grella's chip gives the Red Bulls a 2-1 win over the Crew
- Sporting KC edges New York City FC 1-0
- Revolution win first of season, beating Earthquakes 2-1
- Union-Fire Preview
- Montenegro-Russia qualifier abandoned after brawl
- Red Bulls-Crew Preview
- Earthquakes-Revolution Preview