Speas pushes Crew to 2-1 victory at United
Josh Williams also scored to help Columbus win for the first time win in Washington since 2010, and snap D.C. United’s 17-match home unbeaten run, during which they won 13 matches and drew four.
Columbus has won two of its first three road matches, during a season-opening stretch where it will play five of seven away from home.
Rafael Teixeira scored in his club debut for D.C. on a sensational volley, but couldn’t prevent United’s first home defeat since the 2012 season opener against Kansas City.
- Jurgen Klinsmann sends Fabian Johnson home
- Boxx, Holiday, Chalupny set for international finales
- Russia and Slovakia qualify for 2016 European Championship
- AP Source: Lack of written contract led to FIFA suspensions
- Germany, Poland qualify for Euro 2016; Ireland into playoffs
- Albania qualifies for European Championship for 1st time
- Bradley, Dempsey out for US exhibition vs Costa Rica
- Monchi's method: The soccer man everyone wants in Europe
- Thai federation president Worawi to appeal FIFA suspension
- Slovakia beats Luxembourg 4-2, qualifies for Euro 2016
- Perfect 10 for England in Euro 2016 qualifying
- Russia beats Montenegro 2-0 to qualify for Euro 2016
- Albania joins Germany, Poland, Romania at Euro 2016
- Loss to Mexico punctuates a rough year for US soccer
- Romania reaches Euro 2016 with win; Greece beats Hungary
- Paul Aguilar's extra-time goal puts Mexico past US 3-2