Speas pushes Crew to 2-1 victory at United
Josh Williams also scored to help Columbus win for the first time win in Washington since 2010, and snap D.C. United’s 17-match home unbeaten run, during which they won 13 matches and drew four.
Columbus has won two of its first three road matches, during a season-opening stretch where it will play five of seven away from home.
Rafael Teixeira scored in his club debut for D.C. on a sensational volley, but couldn’t prevent United’s first home defeat since the 2012 season opener against Kansas City.
- Sepp Blatter makes special mention of his Oceania support
- Timbers-Rapids Preview
- FIFA scandal reverberating across soccer-crazy South America
- Real Salt Lake-Whitecaps FC Preview
- Crew-Orlando City Preview
- What lies ahead for FIFA and Sepp Blatter in his 5th term
- A look at FIFA President Sepp Blatter
- Union-D.C. United Preview
- Nemeth, Sporting KC top short-handed FC Dallas 4-0
- THE LATEST: Police raid businesses named in FIFA indictment
- Impact-Fire Preview
- Blatter wins re-election despite FIFA corruption scandal
- Swiss say there's no special treatment for soccer officials
- Dynamo-New York City FC Preview
- Earthquakes-Toronto FC Preview
- Football world marks 30 years of Heysel with solemn service