Cooper scores in 90th, Dynamo beat FC Dallas 3-2
Cooper scored on a breakaway after he tapped a shot into the right corner of the net from the top of the goalie’s box after Dallas squandered a two-goal advantage in the game’s final 15 minutes.
In the 83rd minute, Brad Davis raced past two Dallas defenders and fired a left footed shot from inside of 10 yards and into the left corner of the net to tie it. Less than four minutes earlier Andrew Driver gave the Dynamo their first goal in the 79th minute with a left-footed shot that hit the top of the crossbar and bounced into the back of the net.
FC Dallas scored twice within a two-minute span to take a 2-0 first half lead. The two goals in two minutes scored by Dallas equaled the total amount of goals the club had scored through its first two games of the season. In the 34th minute George John angled a header into the right corner of the net. The goal was setup by a free kick from Michel which grazed Houston’s Bobby Boswell before John scored. FC Dallas was awarded the free kick after Oscar Boniek Garcia was called for a foul on Copper.
- Finlay scores twice; Crew power past Union 4-1
- Barca stays in control in Spain; City grabs late winner
- PSG crushes Lille 6-1 to move 3 points ahead of Lyon
- Liverpool's Champions League hopes take another hit
- Friday's Sports In Brief
- Chelsea-Arsenal Preview
- Garber: MLS wants top Americans despite Klinsmann's view
- Real Salt Lake-Revolution Preview
- Caldwell scores first MLS goal as New England beats RSL
- City wins as Champions League places look set in England
- Toronto FC-Orlando City Preview
- Watford back in Premier League after 8-year absence
- Accam scores early; Chicago beats 10-man NYCFC 1-0
- Manchester United-Everton Preview
- Garber: MLS plan in 6 months to expand beyond 24 teams
- D.C. United-Whitecaps FC Preview