Cooper scores in 90th, Dynamo beat FC Dallas 3-2
Cooper scored on a breakaway after he tapped a shot into the right corner of the net from the top of the goalie’s box after Dallas squandered a two-goal advantage in the game’s final 15 minutes.
In the 83rd minute, Brad Davis raced past two Dallas defenders and fired a left footed shot from inside of 10 yards and into the left corner of the net to tie it. Less than four minutes earlier Andrew Driver gave the Dynamo their first goal in the 79th minute with a left-footed shot that hit the top of the crossbar and bounced into the back of the net.
FC Dallas scored twice within a two-minute span to take a 2-0 first half lead. The two goals in two minutes scored by Dallas equaled the total amount of goals the club had scored through its first two games of the season. In the 34th minute George John angled a header into the right corner of the net. The goal was setup by a free kick from Michel which grazed Houston’s Bobby Boswell before John scored. FC Dallas was awarded the free kick after Oscar Boniek Garcia was called for a foul on Copper.
- THE LATEST: FIFA: 'No surprise' at soccer officials' arrests
- Text of Swiss prosecutors' statement on FIFA
- Rapids-Sounders Preview
- Neuer, Mueller, Kroos left off Germany roster vs US
- Juventus, Cristiano Ronaldo lead AP Global Football 10
- Russia cuts 2018 World Cup budget by more than $70 million
- Rebel soccer club on the rise in Manchester
- Dnipro chasing a dream in Europa League final
- US Department of Justice statement on FIFA corruption probe
- Some of Brazil's most successful coaches out of a job
- Real Salt Lake-Galaxy Preview
- D.C. United-Timbers Preview
- FA charges Ipswich player Bishop with breaking betting rules
- Life on the inside of FIFA being treated like a criminal
- New members of FIFA's scandal-hit executive committee
- FIFA challenger says he was offered Blatter's financial info