Cooper scores in 90th, Dynamo beat FC Dallas 3-2
Cooper scored on a breakaway after he tapped a shot into the right corner of the net from the top of the goalie’s box after Dallas squandered a two-goal advantage in the game’s final 15 minutes.
In the 83rd minute, Brad Davis raced past two Dallas defenders and fired a left footed shot from inside of 10 yards and into the left corner of the net to tie it. Less than four minutes earlier Andrew Driver gave the Dynamo their first goal in the 79th minute with a left-footed shot that hit the top of the crossbar and bounced into the back of the net.
FC Dallas scored twice within a two-minute span to take a 2-0 first half lead. The two goals in two minutes scored by Dallas equaled the total amount of goals the club had scored through its first two games of the season. In the 34th minute George John angled a header into the right corner of the net. The goal was setup by a free kick from Michel which grazed Houston’s Bobby Boswell before John scored. FC Dallas was awarded the free kick after Oscar Boniek Garcia was called for a foul on Copper.
- Groin injury expected to rule Goetze out until 2016
- Associate says Blatter hopes to be back within 10 days
- Juergen Klopp wants to inject passion into Liverpool
- US men embrace Mexico soccer rivalry heading to Rose Bowl
- With Platini suspended, FIFA election field more uncertain
- Serbia snatches 2-0 win in Albania in tense Euro qualifier
- Juergen Klopp takes over as new Liverpool manager
- France beats Armenia 4-0 in friendly match
- After leaving Bologna, NY lawyer Tacopina buys Venice's club
- Elias Hernandez, Guemez added to Mexico roster
- Brazil loses without Neymar; Argentina falls with no Messi
- Blatter suspended as FIFA president; Platini also banned
- Portugal, Northern Ireland book Euro 2016 places
- Messi to stand trial in Spain on 3 counts of tax fraud
- Ireland upsets Germany 1-0 in Euro 2016 qualifier
- Northern Ireland qualifies for its first Euros