Cooper scores in 90th, Dynamo beat FC Dallas 3-2
Cooper scored on a breakaway after he tapped a shot into the right corner of the net from the top of the goalie’s box after Dallas squandered a two-goal advantage in the game’s final 15 minutes.
In the 83rd minute, Brad Davis raced past two Dallas defenders and fired a left footed shot from inside of 10 yards and into the left corner of the net to tie it. Less than four minutes earlier Andrew Driver gave the Dynamo their first goal in the 79th minute with a left-footed shot that hit the top of the crossbar and bounced into the back of the net.
FC Dallas scored twice within a two-minute span to take a 2-0 first half lead. The two goals in two minutes scored by Dallas equaled the total amount of goals the club had scored through its first two games of the season. In the 34th minute George John angled a header into the right corner of the net. The goal was setup by a free kick from Michel which grazed Houston’s Bobby Boswell before John scored. FC Dallas was awarded the free kick after Oscar Boniek Garcia was called for a foul on Copper.
- Manchester City thrash Hull to reach League Cup semifinals
- Atletico wins 2-1 at third-tier Reus in Copa del R
- Quotes from voters in this week's AP Global Football 10
- FIFA sponsors demand 'independent oversight' of reforms
- Real Madrid adds defender Carvajal to injured list
- Letter from FIFA sponsors to executive committee on reforms
- Manchester City gets $400M Chinese investment deal
- LA Galaxy's Keane on MLS Best XI for 4th straight year
- Angers holds French league leader PSG to 0-0
- Benzema will respond on national news to growing criticism
- Neymar replaces Suarez atop AP Global Football 10
- Venezuela coach offers to quit if it helps players' dispute
- Marin having trouble coming up with $1M cash bond
- French PM says Benzema has no place on national team
- Shades of Maradona as Higuain leads Napoli to top of Serie A
- Carli Lloyd finalist for FIFA Women's Player of the Year