Cooper scores in 90th, Dynamo beat FC Dallas 3-2
Cooper scored on a breakaway after he tapped a shot into the right corner of the net from the top of the goalie’s box after Dallas squandered a two-goal advantage in the game’s final 15 minutes.
In the 83rd minute, Brad Davis raced past two Dallas defenders and fired a left footed shot from inside of 10 yards and into the left corner of the net to tie it. Less than four minutes earlier Andrew Driver gave the Dynamo their first goal in the 79th minute with a left-footed shot that hit the top of the crossbar and bounced into the back of the net.
FC Dallas scored twice within a two-minute span to take a 2-0 first half lead. The two goals in two minutes scored by Dallas equaled the total amount of goals the club had scored through its first two games of the season. In the 34th minute George John angled a header into the right corner of the net. The goal was setup by a free kick from Michel which grazed Houston’s Bobby Boswell before John scored. FC Dallas was awarded the free kick after Oscar Boniek Garcia was called for a foul on Copper.
- For US, roster spots up for grabs in Friday match vs Peru
- Villas-Boas banned 6 games in Russia for striking official
- Chung says AFC broke election rules ahead of FIFA vote
- Arsenal striker Danny Welbeck has surgery on left knee
- Chile rises in top 10 of FIFA rankings led by Argentina
- Soccer players suspended for a game after blackface incident
- Carrard panel starts reform work for crisis-hit FIFA
- Uruguay set to rescind rights deal over bribery probe
- Unsung Iceland and Wales nearly qualified for Euro 2016
- German soccer clubs, fans rush to support migrants
- FIFA reforms panel makes little progress at 1st meeting
- Derby's American owners sell to 'Candy Crush' entrepreneur
- FIFA World Rankings List
- England a magnet for players as clubs flex financial muscle
- Government minister takes over Russian football
- FIFA scandal becomes exhibit at Mob Museum in Las Vegas