Impact beat Toronto 2-1 to improve to 3-0
The Impact, who opened with wins in Seattle and Portland to match their total road victories last year, became the first Major League Soccer team to win three games this season.
Bernier scored 34 minutes in after Toronto’s Ashtone Morgan fouled Andres Romero in the penalty area. Bernier, Montreal’s MVP last season, hesitated on his penalty kick and sent Reds goalkeeper Joe Bendik diving to his right before putting the ball into an open right side.
Di Vaio made it 2-0 just before the half. Davy Arnaud sent a ball forward for Di Vaio, who scooted around Bendik to score.
Robert Earnshaw scored on a penalty kick in the 68th minute for Toronto (1-2-0).
- Herrera scores early to lift Mexico past Paraguay
- Argentina beats Ecuador 2-1 in friendly match
- US gives up another late goal in 1-1 tie at Switzerland
- CAF rejects Tunisia appeal against $50K fine but no ban
- No British soccer teams will play at Olympics in Rio
- Seattle and Western New York swap stars in major NWSL trade
- Former FIFA official Fernando loses appeal against life ban
- Turkish Cypriot soccer president: No going back on deal
- Martinez's goal in 2nd half lifts Venezuela past Peru
- Coroner awaits test results of soccer player hit by car
- Shea, Williams, Morales start for US against Switzerland
- European clubs win more money, influence in new UEFA deal
- Police: Missing college athlete died on Los Angeles freeway
- Russia Football Union appoints new anti-racism leader
- 3 Greek soccer players slightly hurt in Hungary taxi crash
- Alcoholism, violence and neglect: life as George Best's son