Impact beat Toronto 2-1 to improve to 3-0
The Impact, who opened with wins in Seattle and Portland to match their total road victories last year, became the first Major League Soccer team to win three games this season.
Bernier scored 34 minutes in after Toronto’s Ashtone Morgan fouled Andres Romero in the penalty area. Bernier, Montreal’s MVP last season, hesitated on his penalty kick and sent Reds goalkeeper Joe Bendik diving to his right before putting the ball into an open right side.
Di Vaio made it 2-0 just before the half. Davy Arnaud sent a ball forward for Di Vaio, who scooted around Bendik to score.
Robert Earnshaw scored on a penalty kick in the 68th minute for Toronto (1-2-0).
- Fire-Dynamo Preview
- Madrid buys back Lucas Vazquez from Espanyol
- UEFA confirms Rubin Kazan to get Europa League place
- Homes of Dinamo Zagreb bosses raided by Croatian police
- Chicharito injures collarbone as Mexico ties Honduras
- With no Blatter, Hayatou to present trophy at Women's WCup
- Messi & Argentina shining together, closer to elusive title
- Collision again raises issue of concussions in World Cup
- D.C. United-Sounders Preview
- Turmoil in Russian football as government limits foreigners
- China's Evergrande Taobao team applies for stock listing
- US files formal extradition request for 7 FIFA officials
- Blatter says he has 'clear conscience' despite FIFA probes
- US heads to World Cup final with 2-0 win over Germany
- Argentina routs Paraguay 6-1, reaches Copa America final
- Missed penalty kick costs Germany in 2-0 loss to US