Impact beat Toronto 2-1 to improve to 3-0
The Impact, who opened with wins in Seattle and Portland to match their total road victories last year, became the first Major League Soccer team to win three games this season.
Bernier scored 34 minutes in after Toronto’s Ashtone Morgan fouled Andres Romero in the penalty area. Bernier, Montreal’s MVP last season, hesitated on his penalty kick and sent Reds goalkeeper Joe Bendik diving to his right before putting the ball into an open right side.
Di Vaio made it 2-0 just before the half. Davy Arnaud sent a ball forward for Di Vaio, who scooted around Bendik to score.
Robert Earnshaw scored on a penalty kick in the 68th minute for Toronto (1-2-0).
- US files formal extradition request for 7 FIFA officials
- Blatter says he has 'clear conscience' despite FIFA probes
- US heads to World Cup final with 2-0 win over Germany
- Argentina routs Paraguay 6-1, reaches Copa America final
- Missed penalty kick costs Germany in 2-0 loss to US
- Brad Davis scratched from US Gold Cup team; Garza added
- FIFA hopeful Bility says would step aside for Hayatou
- Dutch FA terminates Hiddink's contract as coach
- Chicharito injures collarbone as Mexico ties Honduras
- With no Blatter, Hayatou to present trophy at Women's WCup
- Messi & Argentina shining together, closer to elusive title
- Collision again raises issue of concussions in World Cup
- Man U's game vs. Earthquakes switched to Avaya Stadium
- UEFA tells Spanish league to accept 2022 World Cup dates
- Chile beats Peru 2-1 to reach Copa America final
- UEFA eases restrictions on club spending