Impact beat Toronto 2-1 to improve to 3-0
The Impact, who opened with wins in Seattle and Portland to match their total road victories last year, became the first Major League Soccer team to win three games this season.
Bernier scored 34 minutes in after Toronto’s Ashtone Morgan fouled Andres Romero in the penalty area. Bernier, Montreal’s MVP last season, hesitated on his penalty kick and sent Reds goalkeeper Joe Bendik diving to his right before putting the ball into an open right side.
Di Vaio made it 2-0 just before the half. Davy Arnaud sent a ball forward for Di Vaio, who scooted around Bendik to score.
Robert Earnshaw scored on a penalty kick in the 68th minute for Toronto (1-2-0).
- Amid title joy, Mourinho concerned for dad after surgery
- 5-year drought ends as Chelsea is champion of England again
- Timbers, Whitecaps play to 0-0 draw in Valeri's return
- Revolution hand Red Bulls first loss of season, 2-1
- Arsenal-Hull City Preview
- Juventus seals 4th successive Serie A title with 1-0 win
- Sounders-New York City FC Preview
- Real Salt Lake ties San Jose 1-1 on Earthquakes' own goal
- Chelsea wins Premier League title for 1st time in 5 years
- 1 man dead, 14 police hurt in football rioting in Poland
- Gordon pulls Galaxy to 1-1 draw with Rapids
- Espindola goal, assist sparks DC United's 2-0 win over Crew
- Toronto FC wraps up 7-game road swing with win over Union
- Fire-Sporting Kansas City Preview
- DC United signs goalie Bill Hamid to contract extension
- Castillo, FC Dallas race past Houston in Texas Derby