Impact beat Toronto 2-1 to improve to 3-0
The Impact, who opened with wins in Seattle and Portland to match their total road victories last year, became the first Major League Soccer team to win three games this season.
Bernier scored 34 minutes in after Toronto’s Ashtone Morgan fouled Andres Romero in the penalty area. Bernier, Montreal’s MVP last season, hesitated on his penalty kick and sent Reds goalkeeper Joe Bendik diving to his right before putting the ball into an open right side.
Di Vaio made it 2-0 just before the half. Davy Arnaud sent a ball forward for Di Vaio, who scooted around Bendik to score.
Robert Earnshaw scored on a penalty kick in the 68th minute for Toronto (1-2-0).
- Watford-Aston Villa Preview
- Kane goal leads Tottenham into Europa League last-32
- Everton-Bournemouth Preview
- Southampton-Manchester City Preview
- Madrid in mayhem heads north to face tiny but tough Eibar
- Vardy takes unlikely route to Premier League record book
- Qatar launches probe after rains exposed poor construction
- French authorities extend ban on traveling soccer fans
- Manchester United-Leicester City Preview
- Nagbe's year: Citizenship, playoffs and the US national team
- Del Nero quits FIFA executive committee; Sarney takes over
- Stoke City-Sunderland Preview
- FIFA donates 48 luxury watches to non-profit organization
- Leicester upstaging the big names in English Premier League
- UEFA confirms steroid positive test in Dinamo Zagreb case
- Ibrahimovic scores on CL return to Malmo, Juve beats City