Impact beat Toronto 2-1 to improve to 3-0
The Impact, who opened with wins in Seattle and Portland to match their total road victories last year, became the first Major League Soccer team to win three games this season.
Bernier scored 34 minutes in after Toronto’s Ashtone Morgan fouled Andres Romero in the penalty area. Bernier, Montreal’s MVP last season, hesitated on his penalty kick and sent Reds goalkeeper Joe Bendik diving to his right before putting the ball into an open right side.
Di Vaio made it 2-0 just before the half. Davy Arnaud sent a ball forward for Di Vaio, who scooted around Bendik to score.
Robert Earnshaw scored on a penalty kick in the 68th minute for Toronto (1-2-0).
- Gordon's goal in stoppage time lifts Galaxy over Dynamo 1-0
- Beckham and University of Miami discuss stadium partnership
- Manchester United-Hull City Preview
- FC Dallas-Impact Preview
- Whitecaps FC-Rapids Preview
- New York City FC-Real Salt Lake Preview
- Sporting Kansas City-Sounders Preview
- Scolari out of a job, without many supporters in Brazil
- Johnson scores late goal, Fire tie Crew 2-2
- Queens Park Rangers-Leicester City Preview
- Liverpool-Stoke City Preview
- Southampton-Manchester City Preview
- D.C. United-Revolution Preview
- Timbers-Toronto FC Preview
- Army removes WWII bomb near London's Wembley Stadium
- Greece escapes soccer suspension, FIFA happy with changes