Zusi helps Sporting KC to 3-1 win over Union
Sporting Kansas City is now 12-4-2 in season-opening games, the best mark in the league.
Zusi’s unassisted goal came in the 41st minute and tied it at 1.
Oriol Rosell scored in the 66th minute with Zusi receiving the assist from a free kick. SKC put the game away when Claudio Bieler scored in the 83rd minute.
The Union took a 1-0 lead on a goal by Frenchman Sebastien Le Toux, the club’s career leader with 26 goals who was reacquired by Philadelphia in the offseason.
- Carli Lloyd becomes Captain America for US women
- Lloyd hat trick leads US over Japan 5-2 for World Cup title
- Eventful Copa America puts an end to Chilean suffering
- Keane's hat trick lifts Galaxy over Toronto FC, 4-0
- Doyle's first MLS goal lifts Rapids over Whitecaps, 2-1
- Villa, New York City FC beat Montreal Impact 2-1
- Blatter: French, German presidents tried influence WCup vote
- England beats Germany 1-0 in extra time to finish 3rd
- Jewsbury scores in stoppage time as Timbers beat Earthquakes
- Keys to the US win over Japan in the Women's World Cup final
- Fiji beats Micronesia 38-0 in Pacific Games soccer match
- 10-man Orlando City earns 1-1 draw with Real Salt Lake
- Mauro Diaz leads FC Dallas over Revolution 3-0
- Messi fails again with Argentina's national team
- Finlay scores twice, Crew beat Red Bulls 2-1
- Chile beats Argentina 4-1 on penalties to win Copa America