Zusi helps Sporting KC to 3-1 win over Union
Sporting Kansas City is now 12-4-2 in season-opening games, the best mark in the league.
Zusi’s unassisted goal came in the 41st minute and tied it at 1.
Oriol Rosell scored in the 66th minute with Zusi receiving the assist from a free kick. SKC put the game away when Claudio Bieler scored in the 83rd minute.
The Union took a 1-0 lead on a goal by Frenchman Sebastien Le Toux, the club’s career leader with 26 goals who was reacquired by Philadelphia in the offseason.
- Canadian soccer commentator Graham Leggat dies at 81
- Liverpool sells Borini to complete restructuring of attack
- Bradley Wright-Phillips, Red Bulls fly past DC United, 3-0
- Goals from Martins, Evans give Seattle 2-1 win over Portland
- Man City breaks transfer record again to sign De Bruyne
- Toronto FC beats Impact 2-1
- Orlando City plays Fire to 1-1 draw
- FC Dallas knocks off Real Salt Lake 2-0
- Man United turns to Monaco again in bid to sign Martial
- Portland sends off Angerer and Van Hollebeke with sellout
- F Andrew Wooten gets 1st US call-up for exhibition vs Peru
- United's biggest problems exposed in 2-1 loss at Swansea
- Frankfurt defender Timothy Chandler to have knee surgery
- Montreal Impact fire coach Frank Klopas
- Clark, Rodriguez score; Dynamo beat short-handed Whitecaps
- Doyle's late goal lifts Rapids over Sporting KC, 2-1