Clark scores in Dynamo’s 2-0 win over DC United
In a rematch of the 2012 MLS Eastern Conference championship, the Dynamo took a 1-0 lead on an own goal by United’s James Riley in the 80th minute. Off Brad Davis’ corner kick, Riley and Clark went up for the ball, with Riley heading it into the left net.
Clark extended Houston’s lead to 2-0 in the 89th minute, taking a pass from Warren Creavalle outside the right 6-yard box and sending it high inside the far post.
Houston had a chance to score in the 40th minute, but Davis’ penalty kick was stopped by a diving Bill Hamid. Clark’s follow was also stopped by Hamid. Clark earned the free kick for Houston after being tripped from behind just inside the upper box by Chris Korb.
Houston had another chance to take the lead in the first half off a corner kick, but Will Bruin’s header from inside the goalkeeper’s box was cleared off the end line by Korb, and Giles Barnes’ follow from inside the 6-yard box was stopped by Hamid.
- US files formal extradition request for 7 FIFA officials
- Blatter says he has 'clear conscience' despite FIFA probes
- US heads to World Cup final with 2-0 win over Germany
- Argentina routs Paraguay 6-1, reaches Copa America final
- Missed penalty kick costs Germany in 2-0 loss to US
- Brad Davis scratched from US Gold Cup team; Garza added
- FIFA hopeful Bility says would step aside for Hayatou
- Dutch FA terminates Hiddink's contract as coach
- Chicharito injures collarbone as Mexico ties Honduras
- With no Blatter, Hayatou to present trophy at Women's WCup
- Messi & Argentina shining together, closer to elusive title
- Collision again raises issue of concussions in World Cup
- Man U's game vs. Earthquakes switched to Avaya Stadium
- UEFA tells Spanish league to accept 2022 World Cup dates
- Chile beats Peru 2-1 to reach Copa America final
- UEFA eases restrictions on club spending