Clark scores in Dynamo’s 2-0 win over DC United
In a rematch of the 2012 MLS Eastern Conference championship, the Dynamo took a 1-0 lead on an own goal by United’s James Riley in the 80th minute. Off Brad Davis’ corner kick, Riley and Clark went up for the ball, with Riley heading it into the left net.
Clark extended Houston’s lead to 2-0 in the 89th minute, taking a pass from Warren Creavalle outside the right 6-yard box and sending it high inside the far post.
Houston had a chance to score in the 40th minute, but Davis’ penalty kick was stopped by a diving Bill Hamid. Clark’s follow was also stopped by Hamid. Clark earned the free kick for Houston after being tripped from behind just inside the upper box by Chris Korb.
Houston had another chance to take the lead in the first half off a corner kick, but Will Bruin’s header from inside the goalkeeper’s box was cleared off the end line by Korb, and Giles Barnes’ follow from inside the 6-yard box was stopped by Hamid.
- Adi and Melano score, Timbers tie FC Dallas 2-2 to advance
- Draws for both Arsenal, Chelsea but only 1 team is satisfied
- Milner penalty gives Liverpool 1-0 win over Swansea
- West Ham draws 1-1 with West Brom in Premier League
- Neymar, Suarez, Messi score as Barca beats Sociedad 4-0
- Niang scores 2, sets up 1 in AC Milan's 4-1 win over Samp
- Heavy security as PSG plays first home game since shootings
- Italy great Dino Zoff hospitalized with viral infection
- Bale, Ronaldo ease pressure on Benitez in Madrid win
- Arsenal held 1-1 by Norwich as Sanchez comes off injured
- Tottenham extends unbeaten run by holding Chelsea 0-0
- Casillas saves penalty in Porto's 1-0 win at Tondela
- Vardy sets EPL record by scoring in 11th straight game
- Victory goes top in A-League as fans stage walkout
- Man City beats Southampton 3-1 in Premier League
- Iraklis beats 2nd-place Panathinaikos 1-0 in Greek league