Clark scores in Dynamo’s 2-0 win over DC United
In a rematch of the 2012 MLS Eastern Conference championship, the Dynamo took a 1-0 lead on an own goal by United’s James Riley in the 80th minute. Off Brad Davis’ corner kick, Riley and Clark went up for the ball, with Riley heading it into the left net.
Clark extended Houston’s lead to 2-0 in the 89th minute, taking a pass from Warren Creavalle outside the right 6-yard box and sending it high inside the far post.
Houston had a chance to score in the 40th minute, but Davis’ penalty kick was stopped by a diving Bill Hamid. Clark’s follow was also stopped by Hamid. Clark earned the free kick for Houston after being tripped from behind just inside the upper box by Chris Korb.
Houston had another chance to take the lead in the first half off a corner kick, but Will Bruin’s header from inside the goalkeeper’s box was cleared off the end line by Korb, and Giles Barnes’ follow from inside the 6-yard box was stopped by Hamid.
- St. Pauli to play Dortmund with motto 'Refugees Welcome'
- Chinese energy firm acquires majority stake in Slavia Prague
- Unsung Iceland and Wales nearly qualified for Euro 2016
- German soccer clubs, fans rush to support migrants
- FIFA reforms panel makes little progress at 1st meeting
- Derby's American owners sell to 'Candy Crush' entrepreneur
- FIFA World Rankings List
- England a magnet for players as clubs flex financial muscle
- Bayern midfielder Javi Martinez supporting migrants
- For US, roster spots up for grabs in Friday match vs Peru
- Villas-Boas banned 6 games in Russia for striking official
- Chung says AFC broke election rules ahead of FIFA vote
- Arsenal striker Danny Welbeck has surgery on left knee
- Chile rises in top 10 of FIFA rankings led by Argentina
- Soccer players suspended for a game after blackface incident
- Carrard panel starts reform work for crisis-hit FIFA