Clark scores in Dynamo’s 2-0 win over DC United
In a rematch of the 2012 MLS Eastern Conference championship, the Dynamo took a 1-0 lead on an own goal by United’s James Riley in the 80th minute. Off Brad Davis’ corner kick, Riley and Clark went up for the ball, with Riley heading it into the left net.
Clark extended Houston’s lead to 2-0 in the 89th minute, taking a pass from Warren Creavalle outside the right 6-yard box and sending it high inside the far post.
Houston had a chance to score in the 40th minute, but Davis’ penalty kick was stopped by a diving Bill Hamid. Clark’s follow was also stopped by Hamid. Clark earned the free kick for Houston after being tripped from behind just inside the upper box by Chris Korb.
Houston had another chance to take the lead in the first half off a corner kick, but Will Bruin’s header from inside the goalkeeper’s box was cleared off the end line by Korb, and Giles Barnes’ follow from inside the 6-yard box was stopped by Hamid.
- Arsenal beats Chelsea 1-0 in Community Shield at Wembley
- LA Galaxy ends road skid with 3-1 win at Colorado
- Davies leads Revs over 10-man Toronto FC 3-1
- United tops Real Salt Lake in wild affair, 6-4
- Timbers-Earthquakes Preview
- FC Dallas-Fire Preview
- Fired Mexican soccer coach probed for political tweets
- Orlando City: Stadium to be completed in 12 to 14 months
- Kah scores 2 goals to lead Vancouver past Seattle, 3-0
- Dynamo score late for 1-1 draw with Sporting KC
- Cyle Larin scores twice, Orlando City beats Crew 5-1
- Wright-Phillips brothers connect in Red Bulls' 3-1 win
- Impact beat NYCFC 3-2 in Frank Lampard's MLS debut
- Red Bulls-Union Preview
- Ex-coach rejoins Oklahoma City soccer team after acquittal
- Real Salt Lake-D.C. United Preview