Clark scores in Dynamo’s 2-0 win over DC United
In a rematch of the 2012 MLS Eastern Conference championship, the Dynamo took a 1-0 lead on an own goal by United’s James Riley in the 80th minute. Off Brad Davis’ corner kick, Riley and Clark went up for the ball, with Riley heading it into the left net.
Clark extended Houston’s lead to 2-0 in the 89th minute, taking a pass from Warren Creavalle outside the right 6-yard box and sending it high inside the far post.
Houston had a chance to score in the 40th minute, but Davis’ penalty kick was stopped by a diving Bill Hamid. Clark’s follow was also stopped by Hamid. Clark earned the free kick for Houston after being tripped from behind just inside the upper box by Chris Korb.
Houston had another chance to take the lead in the first half off a corner kick, but Will Bruin’s header from inside the goalkeeper’s box was cleared off the end line by Korb, and Giles Barnes’ follow from inside the 6-yard box was stopped by Hamid.
- USA, Mexico resume soccer rivalry in a Rose Bowl showdown
- Switzerland joins England in qualifying for Euro 2016
- Russia beats Moldova to close in on Euro 2016 place
- Sunderland appoints Sam Allardyce as manager on 2-year deal
- Associate says Blatter hopes to be back within 10 days
- Groin injury expected to rule Goetze out until 2016
- Juergen Klopp wants to inject passion into Liverpool
- US men embrace Mexico soccer rivalry heading to Rose Bowl
- Spain clinches Euro 2016 spot with 4-0 win over Luxembourg
- Spain and Switzerland secure spots in Euro 2016
- Argentina forward Aguero will miss next World Cup qualifier
- Platini retains UEFA title, with no interim leader in place
- After leaving Bologna, NY lawyer Tacopina buys Venice's club
- Elias Hernandez, Guemez added to Mexico roster
- Brazil loses without Neymar; Argentina falls with no Messi
- Blatter suspended as FIFA president; Platini also banned