Clark scores in Dynamo’s 2-0 win over DC United
In a rematch of the 2012 MLS Eastern Conference championship, the Dynamo took a 1-0 lead on an own goal by United’s James Riley in the 80th minute. Off Brad Davis’ corner kick, Riley and Clark went up for the ball, with Riley heading it into the left net.
Clark extended Houston’s lead to 2-0 in the 89th minute, taking a pass from Warren Creavalle outside the right 6-yard box and sending it high inside the far post.
Houston had a chance to score in the 40th minute, but Davis’ penalty kick was stopped by a diving Bill Hamid. Clark’s follow was also stopped by Hamid. Clark earned the free kick for Houston after being tripped from behind just inside the upper box by Chris Korb.
Houston had another chance to take the lead in the first half off a corner kick, but Will Bruin’s header from inside the goalkeeper’s box was cleared off the end line by Korb, and Giles Barnes’ follow from inside the 6-yard box was stopped by Hamid.
- Coroner awaits test results of soccer player hit by car
- Shea, Williams, Morales start for US against Switzerland
- European clubs win more money, influence in new UEFA deal
- Police: Missing college athlete died on Los Angeles freeway
- Russia Football Union appoints new anti-racism leader
- 3 Greek soccer players slightly hurt in Hungary taxi crash
- Alcoholism, violence and neglect: life as George Best's son
- Fire beat short-handed Union 1-0
- US gives up another late goal in 1-1 tie at Switzerland
- CAF rejects Tunisia appeal against $50K fine but no ban
- No British soccer teams will play at Olympics in Rio
- Seattle and Western New York swap stars in major NWSL trade
- Former FIFA official Fernando loses appeal against life ban
- Turkish Cypriot soccer president: No going back on deal
- Real Salt Lake beats Toronto FC 2-1 on late goal
- Germany, Portugal boost Euro 2016 qualifying hopes