Clark scores in Dynamo’s 2-0 win over DC United
In a rematch of the 2012 MLS Eastern Conference championship, the Dynamo took a 1-0 lead on an own goal by United’s James Riley in the 80th minute. Off Brad Davis’ corner kick, Riley and Clark went up for the ball, with Riley heading it into the left net.
Clark extended Houston’s lead to 2-0 in the 89th minute, taking a pass from Warren Creavalle outside the right 6-yard box and sending it high inside the far post.
Houston had a chance to score in the 40th minute, but Davis’ penalty kick was stopped by a diving Bill Hamid. Clark’s follow was also stopped by Hamid. Clark earned the free kick for Houston after being tripped from behind just inside the upper box by Chris Korb.
Houston had another chance to take the lead in the first half off a corner kick, but Will Bruin’s header from inside the goalkeeper’s box was cleared off the end line by Korb, and Giles Barnes’ follow from inside the 6-yard box was stopped by Hamid.
- Uruguay set to rescind rights deal over bribery probe
- United-Madrid blame game after De Gea deadline-day debacle
- Martial signs for Man United, costliest ever teenager
- Quotes from voters in this week's AP Global Football 10
- De Gea's move to Madrid stalls on deadline day
- Juventus sign Hernanes and Lemina on transfer deadline day
- Liverpool sells Borini to complete restructuring of attack
- Bradley Wright-Phillips, Red Bulls fly past DC United, 3-0
- FIFA scandal becomes exhibit at Mob Museum in Las Vegas
- Man United moves for Martial as rivals stay quiet
- US, Swiss federal prosecutors to give update on FIFA cases
- James Rodriguez, Roma top Global Football 10 poll
- Man United set to sign Martial on hectic day of transfers
- Canadian soccer commentator Graham Leggat dies at 81
- Portland sends off Angerer and Van Hollebeke with sellout
- F Andrew Wooten gets 1st US call-up for exhibition vs Peru