The win also pushed United’s club home unbeaten streak to 16 (12-0-4). United won the last of its four MLS titles in 2004.
United would’ve clinched one of five Eastern Conference playoff spots with a draw, but can now finish no worse than fourth and is guaranteed at least one home playoff game.
- Africa's soccer strongman a candidate for FIFA president?
- Nyarko gives Chicago Fire 1-1 draw with Houston Dynamo
- Barcelona loans defender Martin Montoya to Inter Milan
- UEFA lifts Man City, PSG sanctions after clubs curb spending
- Orlando City-Real Salt Lake Preview
- Toronto FC-Galaxy Preview
- New York City FC-Impact Preview
- Copa America: Argentina, Chile trying to end title drought
- Mears' first MLS goal lifts Sounders past United, 1-0
- Dempsey, Chandler score as US beats Guatemala 4-0
- Colombiam forward Falcao joins Chelsea on season-long loan
- Altidore, Dempsey rejoin US lineup against Guatemala
- Whitecaps FC-Rapids Preview
- Revolution-FC Dallas Preview
- Red Bulls-Crew Preview
- Brazilian refs sending message to players: Stop the whining!