Despite the tie, Montreal (12-15-5, 41 points) was eliminated from MLS playoff contention, while Houston (13-8-11, 50 points) extends its lead over Columbus for fifth place in the Eastern Conference and the final playoff spot to two points.
Nyassi tied it in the 66th minute, getting behind the Houston defense and having his first shot from 16 yards in the middle of the box saved by Houston goalkeeper Tally Hall, but one-timing the rebound into the net.
Houston appeared to take a 2-1 lead in second-half stoppage time as Brian Ching blooped a shot from inside the upper box into the goal, but after a conversation between side referee Jason Callum and head referee Chris Penso, Ching was ruled offside.
Cam Weaver had a shot from 8 yards in the middle box go off the near post in the 84th minute, and Ching had a shot from in front of the far post stopped by Perkins in the 85th minute.
Nyassi had an opportunity to give Montreal a 1-0 lead in the 16th minute, but his first shot in the box was stopped by Houston’s Kofi Sarkodie before Hall, who had come off his line, pounced on Nyassi’s rebound in the middle of the box.
Off a free kick in the 19th minute, Kandji had his header from 14 yards in the middle of the box swatted over the crossbar by Perkins to keep it scoreless.
- Michel Platini confirms he will run for FIFA president
- Run-in with reporter triggered Mexico coach Herrera's ouster
- Red Bulls sign Wright-Phillips, brother of team's top scorer
- Embattled Mexico soccer coach 'El Piojo' Herrera fired after claim he punched journalist
- Sepp Blatter deserves the Nobel Prize, Vladimir Putin says
- Mexico national team coach allegedly hits TV journalist
- Shannon Boxx and Lauren Holiday to retire after victory tour
- FIFA tweaks appointment rules for reforms task force
- FIFA fines Zimbabwe for missing women's Olympic qualifier
- Tottenham Hotspur-All-Stars Preview
- Mob Museum in Las Vegas to open FIFA exhibit
- AP Sources: Michel Platini will run for FIFA president
- Beasley still interested in playing for national team
- US plays Aruba or St Vincent in World Cup qualifying opener
- Impact acquire former Chelsea striker Didier Drogba
- DeAndre Yedlin on Tottenham roster for MLS All-Star Game