COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP)—Milovan Mirosevic scored the tiebreaking goal in the 87th minute to lift the Columbus Crew to a 3-2 victory over Philadelphia on Saturday night, eliminating the Union from playoff contention.
Jairo Arrieta scored twice for the Crew (14-11-6).
Arrieta put Columbus ahead in the 44th minute off a service from the right side by Sebastian Miranda.
He added the second in the fifth minute of first-half stoppage time following a goal kick by goalkeeper Andy Gruenebaum, who had his first career assist.
- Kljestan, Grella score; Red Bulls beat Earthquakes 2-0
- Orlando City-Crew Preview
- Bayern Munich regrets longtime doctor's departure
- Arsenal, Reading meet in FA Cup semifinal mismatch
- City says injured Kompany could be out for the season
- Southampton-Stoke City Preview
- Earthquakes-Red Bulls Preview
- Morris scores in 1st US start in 2-0 win over Mexico
- Sporting Kansas City-Galaxy Preview
- Beckenbauer: Bayern 'far, far, far away' from Euro title
- Whitecaps FC-Real Salt Lake Preview
- Study: Mario Balotelli heavily targeted on social media
- Sounders-Rapids Preview
- Hamsik puts Napoli on brink of Europa League semis
- Police will consider fresh evidence into 1985 Bradford fire
- Barcelona needs to avoid another slip against Valencia