COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP)—Milovan Mirosevic scored the tiebreaking goal in the 87th minute to lift the Columbus Crew to a 3-2 victory over Philadelphia on Saturday night, eliminating the Union from playoff contention.
Jairo Arrieta scored twice for the Crew (14-11-6).
Arrieta put Columbus ahead in the 44th minute off a service from the right side by Sebastian Miranda.
He added the second in the fifth minute of first-half stoppage time following a goal kick by goalkeeper Andy Gruenebaum, who had his first career assist.
- Mora helps Cuba tie Canada, 2-2
- Japan under pressure in Asian World Cup qualification
- Sao Paulo says Osorio resigns to coach Mexico national team
- FC Dallas-Whitecaps FC Preview
- Lukas Podolski out of Germany's final Euro 2016 qualifiers
- Aguero replaces Lewandowski atop AP Global Football 10
- Albania plans tough security for Euro qualifier with Serbia
- Cameron Carter-Vickers shines on soccer field for US
- After defying quit calls, Blatter mediates between FAs
- Former West Germany great Gerd Mueller has Alzheimer's
- South Sudan starts unlikely quest to reach 2018 World Cup
- Impact-Red Bulls Preview
- Dutch on verge of missing out on Euro 2016
- Spanish prosecutors call for arrest of Messi's father
- Chung says he is facing lengthy FIFA suspension
- Dos Santos to miss Mexico's playoff vs US