COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP)—Milovan Mirosevic scored the tiebreaking goal in the 87th minute to lift the Columbus Crew to a 3-2 victory over Philadelphia on Saturday night, eliminating the Union from playoff contention.
Jairo Arrieta scored twice for the Crew (14-11-6).
Arrieta put Columbus ahead in the 44th minute off a service from the right side by Sebastian Miranda.
He added the second in the fifth minute of first-half stoppage time following a goal kick by goalkeeper Andy Gruenebaum, who had his first career assist.
- Toronto FC beats Impact 2-1
- Orlando City plays Fire to 1-1 draw
- FC Dallas knocks off Real Salt Lake 2-0
- Fagundez youngest to 25 goals, Revolution beat Union 1-0
- Meram lifts Crew over NYCFC, 2-1
- Timbers-Sounders Preview
- Mourinho endures rare loss; Man City breaks club wins record
- Salinas, Earthquakes beat 10-man Galaxy for 4th straight win
- Montreal Impact fire coach Frank Klopas
- Clark, Rodriguez score; Dynamo beat short-handed Whitecaps
- Doyle's late goal lifts Rapids over Sporting KC, 2-1
- City doesn't waste Chelsea slip, Madrid wins big in Spain
- German goalkeeper Nadine Angerer faces her retirement
- D.C. United-Red Bulls Preview
- Neymar recovers from mumps, fit for 1st match
- Whitecaps FC-Dynamo Preview