COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP)—Milovan Mirosevic scored the tiebreaking goal in the 87th minute to lift the Columbus Crew to a 3-2 victory over Philadelphia on Saturday night, eliminating the Union from playoff contention.
Jairo Arrieta scored twice for the Crew (14-11-6).
Arrieta put Columbus ahead in the 44th minute off a service from the right side by Sebastian Miranda.
He added the second in the fifth minute of first-half stoppage time following a goal kick by goalkeeper Andy Gruenebaum, who had his first career assist.
- Africa's soccer strongman a candidate for FIFA president?
- Nyarko gives Chicago Fire 1-1 draw with Houston Dynamo
- Barcelona loans defender Martin Montoya to Inter Milan
- UEFA lifts Man City, PSG sanctions after clubs curb spending
- Orlando City-Real Salt Lake Preview
- Toronto FC-Galaxy Preview
- New York City FC-Impact Preview
- Copa America: Argentina, Chile trying to end title drought
- Mears' first MLS goal lifts Sounders past United, 1-0
- Dempsey, Chandler score as US beats Guatemala 4-0
- Colombiam forward Falcao joins Chelsea on season-long loan
- Altidore, Dempsey rejoin US lineup against Guatemala
- Whitecaps FC-Rapids Preview
- Revolution-FC Dallas Preview
- Red Bulls-Crew Preview
- Brazilian refs sending message to players: Stop the whining!