COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP)—Milovan Mirosevic scored the tiebreaking goal in the 87th minute to lift the Columbus Crew to a 3-2 victory over Philadelphia on Saturday night, eliminating the Union from playoff contention.
Jairo Arrieta scored twice for the Crew (14-11-6).
Arrieta put Columbus ahead in the 44th minute off a service from the right side by Sebastian Miranda.
He added the second in the fifth minute of first-half stoppage time following a goal kick by goalkeeper Andy Gruenebaum, who had his first career assist.
- Niang scores 2, sets up 1 in AC Milan's 4-1 win over Samp
- Victory goes top in A-League as fans stage walkout
- Man City beats Southampton 3-1 in Premier League
- Iraklis beats 2nd-place Panathinaikos 1-0 in Greek league
- Vardy breaks scoring record, Leicester holds United 1-1
- Bournemouth salvages 3-3 draw vs Everton after wild finish
- Sunderland beats Stoke 2-0 to move out of relegation zone
- Timbers-FC Dallas Preview
- Neymar, Suarez, Messi score as Barca beats Socieda
- Heavy security as PSG plays first home game since shootings
- Italy great Dino Zoff hospitalized with viral infection
- Vardy breaks scoring record to cap goal frenzy in England
- Vardy sets EPL record by scoring in 11th straight game
- Villa loses 3-2 to Watford, rooted at foot of Premier League
- Crystal Palace routs Newcastle 5-1 in Premier League
- Crew-Red Bulls Preview