COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP)—Milovan Mirosevic scored the tiebreaking goal in the 87th minute to lift the Columbus Crew to a 3-2 victory over Philadelphia on Saturday night, eliminating the Union from playoff contention.
Jairo Arrieta scored twice for the Crew (14-11-6).
Arrieta put Columbus ahead in the 44th minute off a service from the right side by Sebastian Miranda.
He added the second in the fifth minute of first-half stoppage time following a goal kick by goalkeeper Andy Gruenebaum, who had his first career assist.
- Blatter: Corruption cases shame, humiliate soccer
- Former FIFA member Blazer's plea seems key to investigation
- South Africa's 2010 WCup bid implicated in corruption probe
- 2022 World Cup host Qatar stays silent on FIFA probes
- THE LATEST: UEFA chief: FIFA's Blatter nixed call to resign
- UEFA decides not to boycott FIFA presidential election
- Blatter calls crisis meeting, skips 3rd public appearance
- Ahead of FIFA election, sponsor Visa threatens to pull out
- EA Sports is adding the women's game to FIFA 2016
- Visa becomes first FIFA sponsor to warn it could jump ship
- Putin accuses US of meddling into FIFA affairs
- Barca aims for 2nd title of season vs. Bilbao in Copa final
- 12 schemes outlined by prosecutors in soccer indictment
- CONCACAF wants FIFA election to go ahead despite turmoil
- Lazio and Napoli face off for Champions League spot
- US, Swiss timed FIFA raids for maximum effect