*Rosell’s 1st MLS goal lifts KC past Toronto*
KANSAS CITY 2, TORONTO FC 1
KANSAS CITY, Kan. (AP)—Oriol Rosell scored his first MLS goal in the 87th minute, lifting Sporting Kansas City to a 2-1 victory over Toronto FC on Saturday night.
Paulo Nagamura had a goal and an assist for Sporting (15-7-5), which moved into a tie for the overall points lead with San Jose. Kansas City is 4-0-1 over its past five matches, while Toronto (5-16-6) is winless in its last seven.
Rosell, who joined Sporting early last month from Barcelona’s B team, scored his game-winner from the corner of the penalty area on assists from Nagamura and Chance Myers.
Ryan Johnson put Toronto up 1-0 in the 44th minute, taking a pass over the top from Robert Eckersley and putting his left-footed shot past Jimmy Nielsen from 15 yards. Johnson missed a chance to make it 2-0 when his shot in the 49th minute hit the post.
Nagamura tied it in the 60th, his first league goal of the season. It came off a volley of a clearance attempt by Toronto’s Jeremy Hall. The ball took a short bounce off nagamura’s foot and sailed over goalkeeper Freddy Hall.
- Impact-Toronto FC Preview
- FIFA contender Platini refuses to talk election issues
- Blind replaces Van Persie with Robben as Netherlands captain
- Midfielder Veloso back for Portugal against France, Albania
- Germany picks Liverpool's Emre Can for Euro qualifiers
- Alex Morgan hopes last injury was the last
- Leicester City-Bournemouth Preview
- West Brom-Stoke City Preview
- Fire-Orlando City Preview
- Flamboyant Depay already a crowd-pleaser at Man United
- Norwich City-Southampton Preview
- Spain coach calls up David de Gea for Euro 2016 qualifiers
- Former European champs Ajax, Celtic grouped in Europa League
- Arsenal-Newcastle United Preview
- Sunderland-Aston Villa Preview
- Watford-Manchester City Preview