Houston (6-5-5, 23 points) won for the second time in its past four games, while Philadelphia (3-9-2, 11 points) has lost three of the past four and six of its past eight games.
Ching knocked the penalty kick just under the crossbar inside the near post and in. Ching drew the penalty kick in the 81st minute after being taken down from behind by Philadelphia’s Gabriel Farfan in the box.
Honduran national team member Oscar Boniek Garcia also got an assist on the goal, his first assist in his first game with the Dynamo since being acquired via transfer in early June.
The win extends Houston’s unbeaten streak at home to 15 games, and the Dynamo haven’t lost at home since a 2-0 loss to Columbus on June 18, 2011.
- Fire beat short-handed Union 1-0
- Apology for wrong anthem for El Salvador before game in US
- Morris replaces Johannsson on US roster vs Switzerland
- Earnshaw scores late goal, Whitecaps edge Timbers 2-1
- Grella's chip gives the Red Bulls a 2-1 win over the Crew
- Sporting KC edges New York City FC 1-0
- Revolution win first of season, beating Earthquakes 2-1
- Union-Fire Preview
- Germany, Portugal boost Euro 2016 qualifying hopes
- Freddy Adu signs 1-year contract with Finnish club
- Dynamo and Rapids play to scoreless draw
- 10-man FC Dallas holds off the Sounders, 0-0
- DC United scores in stoppage time, edges Galaxy 1-0
- Argentina, without Messi, beats El Salvador 2-0
- Kaka, Ribeiro help Orlando City tie Montreal 2-2
- Galaxy goalie Brian Perk has ankle surgery, out for season