FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP)—Diego Fagundez headed home a cross from Fernando Cardenas in the fourth and final minute of stoppage time and the New England Revolution pulled into a 2-2 tie with the Seattle Sounders on Saturday.
The 17-year old Fagundez’s first goal of the season extended an unbeaten streak to four matches (2-0-2) for New England (5-7-4).
Eddie Johnson headed home a pair of goals within a 13-minute span during the first half for Seattle (7-5-5), which had extended its winless streak to eight matches (0-4-4).
Johnson headed home a cross out of the left side from Mauro Rosales in the 23rd minute to tie the match at 1-1 and followed that by scoring his seventh goal of the season in the 36th minute, finishing off a cross from Marc Burch.
Seattle had scored just six goals in its previous seven matches, but is 2-2-4 on the road. The Sounders have not won a match since May 9.
New England improved to 5-1-2 at home this season.
Johnson, an MLS veteran with previous stops in FC Dallas and Kansas City, has spent the previous four years playing in Europe, including stops in England with Fulham and Cardiff City.
- US soccer to play Guatemala on July 3 at Nashville
- Earthquakes-Dynamo Preview
- Juventus faces Real test in Champions League semifinals
- FIFA to study Israel-Palestinians dispute on election day
- Martins scores twice, Dempsey adds another as Sounders roll
- Chelsea wins Premier League title for 1st time in 5 years
- 5-year drought ends as Chelsea is champion of England again
- 1 man dead, 14 police hurt in football rioting in Poland
- Bryant Gumbel defends program and co-workers against lawsuit
- With no ambition and a revolt by fans, Newcastle in freefall
- 30 people arrested in renewed soccer violence in Poland
- Ex-England striker Greaves in intensive care after stroke
- Nagamura heads in winner for Sporting KC, 1-0 over Chicago
- Barcelona faces Bayern, old coach Guardiola in CL semifinal
- Amid title joy, Mourinho concerned for dad after surgery
- Timbers, Whitecaps play to 0-0 draw in Valeri's return