After the Chivas goal, Montreal began to pressure the Rojiblancos and found the equalizer in the 42nd minute. Davy Arnaud’s cross created space for Brazilian midfielder Felipe, who beat a diving goalkeeper Dan Kennedy from close range.
Just five minutes after the pair came on as substitutes, Jorge Villafana fired a cross from the left side of midfield to Angel, who headed his third goal of the season past Ricketts to give Chivas three points.
- Dempsey, Chandler score as US beats Guatemala 4-0
- Mears' first MLS goal lifts Sounders past United, 1-0
- Barcelona loans defender Martin Montoya to Inter Milan
- UEFA lifts Man City, PSG sanctions after clubs curb spending
- Orlando City-Real Salt Lake Preview
- Toronto FC-Galaxy Preview
- New York City FC-Impact Preview
- Copa America: Argentina, Chile trying to end title drought
- Africa's soccer strongman a candidate for FIFA president?
- Nyarko gives Chicago Fire 1-1 draw with Houston Dynamo
- Colombiam forward Falcao joins Chelsea on season-long loan
- Altidore, Dempsey rejoin US lineup against Guatemala
- Whitecaps FC-Rapids Preview
- Revolution-FC Dallas Preview
- Red Bulls-Crew Preview
- Brazilian refs sending message to players: Stop the whining!