“I shot as hard as I could,” Miranda said. “The important thing for me is the win. We needed the three points. That’s better for the confidence of the team.”
The veteran of nearly 10 years in his native Chile scored for the first time in 43 games since joining the Crew last season. He got the goal on a sitting, snap header from just outside the penalty area off a cross from Nemanja Vukovic.
“We practice some plays but maybe not like this,” Miranda said. “The idea was from the middle, outside the box. I was alone.”
FC Dallas coach Schellas Hyndman thought the second caution to Loyd when he elbowed Meram was fair but questioned other calls.
“There were two or three hits that could have stopped the whole play,” Hyndman said. “Those are the calls they aren’t made that eventually come into something else.”
“I like the goal I scored but you have to win,” Meram said about scoring for the first time 19 career MLS games. “If we tied and I scored I wouldn’t be this happy.”
Fabian Castillo put Dallas (3-6-3) ahead in the 22nd minute with his first goal of the season.
The Crew snapped a six-game winless streak, while Dallas dropped to 0-3-3 in its last six.
- American forward Bobby Wood joins Union Berlin
- Poll: Russians losing interest in soccer ahead of World Cup
- Juventus extends Allegri's contract through 2017
- Fenerbahce signs Nani from Manchester United
- Jewsbury scores in stoppage time as Timbers beat Earthquakes
- Keys to the US win over Japan in the Women's World Cup final
- Fiji beats Micronesia 38-0 in Pacific Games soccer match
- 10-man Orlando City earns 1-1 draw with Real Salt Lake
- CONCACAF details rebuilding plans after FIFA bribery scandal
- FIFA bans former 2018-2022 WCup inspector for 7 years
- Italy playmaker Andrea Pirlo joins New York from Juventus
- Carli Lloyd becomes Captain America for US women
- Lloyd hat trick leads US over Japan 5-2 for World Cup title
- Eventful Copa America puts an end to Chilean suffering
- Keane's hat trick lifts Galaxy over Toronto FC, 4-0
- Doyle's first MLS goal lifts Rapids over Whitecaps, 2-1