“I shot as hard as I could,” Miranda said. “The important thing for me is the win. We needed the three points. That’s better for the confidence of the team.”
The veteran of nearly 10 years in his native Chile scored for the first time in 43 games since joining the Crew last season. He got the goal on a sitting, snap header from just outside the penalty area off a cross from Nemanja Vukovic.
“We practice some plays but maybe not like this,” Miranda said. “The idea was from the middle, outside the box. I was alone.”
FC Dallas coach Schellas Hyndman thought the second caution to Loyd when he elbowed Meram was fair but questioned other calls.
“There were two or three hits that could have stopped the whole play,” Hyndman said. “Those are the calls they aren’t made that eventually come into something else.”
“I like the goal I scored but you have to win,” Meram said about scoring for the first time 19 career MLS games. “If we tied and I scored I wouldn’t be this happy.”
Fabian Castillo put Dallas (3-6-3) ahead in the 22nd minute with his first goal of the season.
The Crew snapped a six-game winless streak, while Dallas dropped to 0-3-3 in its last six.
- US soccer to play Guatemala on July 3 at Nashville
- Earthquakes-Dynamo Preview
- Juventus faces Real test in Champions League semifinals
- FIFA to study Israel-Palestinians dispute on election day
- Martins scores twice, Dempsey adds another as Sounders roll
- Chelsea wins Premier League title for 1st time in 5 years
- 5-year drought ends as Chelsea is champion of England again
- 1 man dead, 14 police hurt in football rioting in Poland
- Bryant Gumbel defends program and co-workers against lawsuit
- With no ambition and a revolt by fans, Newcastle in freefall
- 30 people arrested in renewed soccer violence in Poland
- Ex-England striker Greaves in intensive care after stroke
- Nagamura heads in winner for Sporting KC, 1-0 over Chicago
- Barcelona faces Bayern, old coach Guardiola in CL semifinal
- Amid title joy, Mourinho concerned for dad after surgery
- Timbers, Whitecaps play to 0-0 draw in Valeri's return