Jaime Castrillon scored for the Rapids in the 21st minute, and Sene leveled it in the 27th minute. Cardenas gave the Revolution the lead in the 39th minute.
The win snapped the Revolution’s three-game losing streak and goalkeeper Matt Reis earned his 100th career victory.
Castrillon put the Rapids on the board when he nodded Martin Rivero’s corner kick past Reis.
Minutes from the half, Sene found Cardenas on the right for a goal.
- Man U's game vs. Earthquakes switched to Avaya Stadium
- UEFA tells Spanish league to accept 2022 World Cup dates
- Chile beats Peru 2-1 to reach Copa America final
- UEFA eases restrictions on club spending
- Czech football great Josef Masopust dies at 84
- Wright-Phillips sparks the Red Bulls rally, 3-1 over NYCFC
- Spanish league appeals FIFA switch of 2022 World Cup dates
- Iwabuchi lifts Japan to semis with 1-0 win over Australia
- Brad Davis scratched from US Gold Cup team; Garza added
- FIFA hopeful Bility says would step aside for Hayatou
- Dutch FA terminates Hiddink's contract as coach
- Goalkeeper Petr Cech joins Arsenal from Chelsea
- Fanendo Adi leads Timbers past Sounders, 4-1
- Argentina leads final 4 in Copa America semifinals
- FIFA election monitor urges Blatter to commit to going
- Earthquakes beat Galaxy 3-1 in California Clasico