Jaime Castrillon scored for the Rapids in the 21st minute, and Sene leveled it in the 27th minute. Cardenas gave the Revolution the lead in the 39th minute.
The win snapped the Revolution’s three-game losing streak and goalkeeper Matt Reis earned his 100th career victory.
Castrillon put the Rapids on the board when he nodded Martin Rivero’s corner kick past Reis.
Minutes from the half, Sene found Cardenas on the right for a goal.
- Optimism at Man United tempered by absent striking quality
- Accam, Maloney score, Fire beat FC Dallas 1-0
- Arsenal beats Chelsea 1-0 in Community Shield at Wembley
- LA Galaxy ends road skid with 3-1 win at Colorado
- Davies leads Revs over 10-man Toronto FC 3-1
- United tops Real Salt Lake in wild affair, 6-4
- Timbers-Earthquakes Preview
- FC Dallas-Fire Preview
- Russian club slams 'bigotry' by rival fans
- Portland Timbers, Earthquakes play to a scoreless draw
- Kah scores 2 goals to lead Vancouver past Seattle, 3-0
- Dynamo score late for 1-1 draw with Sporting KC
- Cyle Larin scores twice, Orlando City beats Crew 5-1
- Wright-Phillips brothers connect in Red Bulls' 3-1 win
- Impact beat NYCFC 3-2 in Frank Lampard's MLS debut
- Red Bulls-Union Preview