The Union struck first in the 40th minute when Philadelphia caught Chivas on a counter as Michael Farfan went around a Chivas defender firing in a cross that deflected off of defender Rauwshan McKenzie and onto the back heel of Adu for the goal.
Philadelphia finished the match with nine men as in the 75th minute when Union attacker Keon Daniel unleashed a hard challenge on Chivas’ midfielder Ryan Smith, receiving a straight red. Ten minutes later, Gabriel Farfan earned a red card for a late challenge on defender James Riley that led to an on the field scuffle.
Juan Pablo Angel made only his second appearance of this season in the 63rd minute after missing five games due to concussion symptoms.
- El Shaarawy ends drought as Italy qualifies for Euro 2016
- CAF: Hayatou kidney issue won't affect FIFA presidential job
- USA, Mexico resume soccer rivalry in a Rose Bowl showdown
- Switzerland joins England in qualifying for Euro 2016
- Russia beats Moldova to close in on Euro 2016 place
- Sunderland appoints Sam Allardyce as manager on 2-year deal
- Associate says Blatter hopes to be back within 10 days
- Groin injury expected to rule Goetze out until 2016
- Netherlands beats Kazakhstan to stay in race for Euro 2016
- Platini appeals against FIFA ban, backed by South America
- Spain clinches Euro 2016 spot with 4-0 win over Luxembourg
- Spain and Switzerland secure spots in Euro 2016
- Argentina forward Aguero will miss next World Cup qualifier
- Platini retains UEFA title, with no interim leader in place
- After leaving Bologna, NY lawyer Tacopina buys Venice's club
- Elias Hernandez, Guemez added to Mexico roster