Sporting is the first club to begin a season with five regulation wins since Los Angeles opened 12-0 in 1996, Major League soccer’s inaugural year. Kansas City also extended its home unbeaten streak to five matches against Los Angeles, which is 1-3 after winning the MLS Cup last season.
Kansas City has four shutouts in five matches, and goalkeeper Jimmy Nielsen did not have to make a save against the Galaxy.
Beckham has been plagued by a series of nagging injuries and didn’t make the trip. Landon Donovan returned from a quadriceps injury that kept him out of Los Angeles’ 3-1 home loss to New England.
Kamara scored his third goal of the season, connecting in the 40th minute off Bobby Convey’s first assist with his new team. Kamara beat right back Sean Franklin to Convey’s cross at the edge of the 6-yard box and curled the ball inside the far post.
- San Jose beats Houston 1-0 in Dominic Kinnear's return
- The Latest: Juventus beats Real Madrid 2-1 in semifinal
- Galaxy-Real Salt Lake Preview
- Danish man sentenced in 2010 football match-fixing case
- Agent: Greaves conscious but unable to speak after stroke
- US soccer to play Guatemala on July 3 at Nashville
- Earthquakes-Dynamo Preview
- Juventus faces Real test in Champions League semifinals
- Juventus beats Real Madrid 2-1 in 1st leg of CL semifinal
- Israel accuses Palestinians of politicizing in FIFA call
- Guardiola to face Messi and Barcelona in Champions League
- Cristiano Ronaldo and Chelsea lead AP Global Football 10
- More violence in Poland after autopsy of fan shot by police
- Bryant Gumbel defends program and co-workers against lawsuit
- With no ambition and a revolt by fans, Newcastle in freefall
- 30 people arrested in renewed soccer violence in Poland