Sporting is the first club to begin a season with five regulation wins since Los Angeles opened 12-0 in 1996, Major League soccer’s inaugural year. Kansas City also extended its home unbeaten streak to five matches against Los Angeles, which is 1-3 after winning the MLS Cup last season.
Kansas City has four shutouts in five matches, and goalkeeper Jimmy Nielsen did not have to make a save against the Galaxy.
Beckham has been plagued by a series of nagging injuries and didn’t make the trip. Landon Donovan returned from a quadriceps injury that kept him out of Los Angeles’ 3-1 home loss to New England.
Kamara scored his third goal of the season, connecting in the 40th minute off Bobby Convey’s first assist with his new team. Kamara beat right back Sean Franklin to Convey’s cross at the edge of the 6-yard box and curled the ball inside the far post.
- Ibrahimovic scores on CL return to Malmo, Juve beats City
- Rooney tells United to be more ruthless after 0-0 vs PSV
- PSG routs Malmo 5-0, advances in Champions League
- Ronaldo stars as Real Madrid beats Shakhtar 4-3
- Jimenez double rescues draw for Benfica at Astana
- While Madrid remains in turmoil, Barcelona keeps on thriving
- Premier League cancels Belgium tournament over terror alert
- Suspected match-fixer Dan Tan released from Singapore jail
- Atletico beats Galatasaray 2-0, advances in Champions League
- Juventus beats Man City 1-0 to join it in knockout stage
- Moenchengladbach beats Sevilla 4-2 in Champions League
- Schuerrle steers Wolfsburg to 2-0 win over CSKA Moscow
- United held 0-0 by battling PSV in Champions League
- Chile FF president in Miami after resigning amid FIFA probe
- Dutch soccer club president quits after player deals leaked
- Dynamo Kiev gets empty stadium order for racist fan attacks