The win snapped Real Salt Lake’s three-game road losing streak and gave the defending MLS Cup champions their first road win since a season-opening victory at San Jose on March 27.
Chris Wingert scored in first-half stoppage time to give Real Salt Lake (5-3-1) a lead going into the intermission, but Chivas (3-6-1) tied the match in the 81st minute when Justin Braun scored from 18 yards out.
Real Salt Lake won despite losing Kyle Beckerman in the 25th minute with a sprained left foot.
Each side was missing players due to the U.S. national team’s World Cup training camp. Chivas was without captain Sacha Kljestan and defender Jonathan Bornstein, while Real Salt Lake played without Robbie Findley.
- Dreams can come true: Leicester wins English soccer title
- Ultimate underdog: Leicester triumph will inspire for years
- Levante relegated from Spanish league after losing to Malaga
- Totti makes another contract statement in Roma win
- Ronaldo practices again, looks fit to face Man City
- Hulk scores 2 as Zenit beats CSKA 4-1 to win Russian Cup
- Bayern counting on home strength to recover against Atletico
- Dos Santos stays hot as Galaxy plays Sporting KC to 1-1 draw
- Leicester wins English title for 1st time in its 132 years
- Bremen defeats Stuttgart 6-2 to leave Bundesliga drop zone
- How little Leicester pulled off the seemingly impossible
- Tottenham Hotspur-Chelsea Preview
- Burnley promoted, securing instant return to Premier League
- Sports court orders FIFA to admit Gibraltar as member
- Leicester's Jamie Vardy wins English player of year award
- Valeri scores winner in Timbers' 2-1 win over Toronto