The win snapped Real Salt Lake’s three-game road losing streak and gave the defending MLS Cup champions their first road win since a season-opening victory at San Jose on March 27.
Chris Wingert scored in first-half stoppage time to give Real Salt Lake (5-3-1) a lead going into the intermission, but Chivas (3-6-1) tied the match in the 81st minute when Justin Braun scored from 18 yards out.
Real Salt Lake won despite losing Kyle Beckerman in the 25th minute with a sprained left foot.
Each side was missing players due to the U.S. national team’s World Cup training camp. Chivas was without captain Sacha Kljestan and defender Jonathan Bornstein, while Real Salt Lake played without Robbie Findley.
- Earthquakes-Timbers Preview
- 2 Dinamo Zagreb bosses arrested over bribery charges
- Dempsey, Chandler score as US beats Guatemala 4-0
- Mears' first MLS goal lifts Sounders past United, 1-0
- Barcelona loans defender Martin Montoya to Inter Milan
- UEFA lifts Man City, PSG sanctions after clubs curb spending
- Orlando City-Real Salt Lake Preview
- Toronto FC-Galaxy Preview
- AP Exclusive: CONMEBOL head says 'we need total change'
- Galatasaray signs Podolski from Arsenal
- Africa's soccer strongman a candidate for FIFA president?
- Nyarko gives Chicago Fire 1-1 draw with Houston Dynamo
- Colombiam forward Falcao joins Chelsea on season-long loan
- Altidore, Dempsey rejoin US lineup against Guatemala
- Whitecaps FC-Rapids Preview
- Revolution-FC Dallas Preview