Quaranta scored in the 69th minute to lead the Galaxy to a 1-0 triumph over the Houston Dynamo.
With the victory, Los Angeles (6-10-5) extended its unbeaten streak to seven games. The worst offensive team in the Western Conference, the Galaxy recently acquired Quaranta from powerhouse D.C. United, and the flashy forward did not disappoint.
After entering as a substitute in the 58th minute, Quaranta whistled a shot past goalkeeper Pat Onstad 11 minutes later to give Los Angeles the lead.
Onstad made only one save for Houston (8-5-8), which is winless in its last four games.
- Monaco beats Guingamp 3-2 to boost Champions League hopes
- Everton beats Bournemouth 2-1 as Martinez faces protests
- Toronto FC-Timbers Preview
- Udinese still in danger after 5-1 thrashing by Torino
- Defoe penalty rescues EPL point for Sunderland against Stoke
- Newcastle wins to climb out of relegation zone
- Bale gives Madrid late win at Sociedad in Spanish league
- West Ham wins to keep EPL top 4 hopes alive
- Arsenal edges past Norwich in 1-0 win on day of fan protest
- Bayern's Bundesliga title celebrations put on ice after draw
- Real Madrid, Atletico win to keep pressure on Barcelona
- Nice, Saint-Etienne stumble in Champions League pursuit
- Bayern winger Ribery a doubt for Atletico with back injury
- Newcastle beats Palace to keep alive hopes of EPL survival
- Watford condemn Villa to club-record 11th straight EPL loss
- English soccer team, 5,000-1 longshots, close in on title