Quaranta scored in the 69th minute to lead the Galaxy to a 1-0 triumph over the Houston Dynamo.
With the victory, Los Angeles (6-10-5) extended its unbeaten streak to seven games. The worst offensive team in the Western Conference, the Galaxy recently acquired Quaranta from powerhouse D.C. United, and the flashy forward did not disappoint.
After entering as a substitute in the 58th minute, Quaranta whistled a shot past goalkeeper Pat Onstad 11 minutes later to give Los Angeles the lead.
Onstad made only one save for Houston (8-5-8), which is winless in its last four games.
- Chelsea midfielder Oscar out of hospital after head knock
- Chelsea-Leicester City Preview
- Dempsey's 77th minute goal lifts Seattle past Portland 1-0
- Felipe second-half header gives Red Bulls 1-1 tie with LA
- Juventus beaten 2-1 by Torino in derby marred by violence
- DC United beats 10-man Whitecaps 2-1
- Finlay scores twice; Crew power past Union 4-1
- Barca stays in control in Spain; City grabs late winner
- Real Madrid presses for Barcelona slip-up in Spanish league
- Bayern could face long-term challenge from Wolfsburg
- Altidore scores twice to snap Toronto's 4-game skid
- Bayern wins Bundesliga; Chelsea close to EPL title
- Dozens injured, arrested after soccer riots in Serbia
- Feilhaber scores in stoppage time; Sporting KC ties Houston
- Caldwell scores first MLS goal as New England beats RSL
- City wins as Champions League places look set in England