Quaranta scored in the 69th minute to lead the Galaxy to a 1-0 triumph over the Houston Dynamo.
With the victory, Los Angeles (6-10-5) extended its unbeaten streak to seven games. The worst offensive team in the Western Conference, the Galaxy recently acquired Quaranta from powerhouse D.C. United, and the flashy forward did not disappoint.
After entering as a substitute in the 58th minute, Quaranta whistled a shot past goalkeeper Pat Onstad 11 minutes later to give Los Angeles the lead.
Onstad made only one save for Houston (8-5-8), which is winless in its last four games.
- Watford-Aston Villa Preview
- Kane goal leads Tottenham into Europa League last-32
- Everton-Bournemouth Preview
- Southampton-Manchester City Preview
- Madrid in mayhem heads north to face tiny but tough Eibar
- Vardy takes unlikely route to Premier League record book
- Qatar launches probe after rains exposed poor construction
- French authorities extend ban on traveling soccer fans
- Manchester United-Leicester City Preview
- Nagbe's year: Citizenship, playoffs and the US national team
- Del Nero quits FIFA executive committee; Sarney takes over
- Stoke City-Sunderland Preview
- FIFA donates 48 luxury watches to non-profit organization
- Leicester upstaging the big names in English Premier League
- UEFA confirms steroid positive test in Dinamo Zagreb case
- Ibrahimovic scores on CL return to Malmo, Juve beats City