It was the second victory in the last three games for RSL (6-10-5), which dropped a 1-0 contest to Colorado last Wednesday.
But Cunningham helped RSL exact a measure of revenge, scoring his 12th and 13th goals to take the league lead. Chivas’ Ante Razov entered Wednesday atop the league with 12 tallies.
Cunningham scored 25 minutes into the contest to give RSL the lead for good and also banged home a penalty kick in the 76th minute.
Cunningham also assisted on a goal by Chris Klein, who gave RSL a 2-0 advantage in the 63rd minute with his third tally of the campaign. Veteran defender Chris Brown also scored in stoppage time for RSL.
Thiago Martins scored his first goal of the season in the 84th minute to get Colorado (8-8-4) on the board.
- Brazilian refs sending message to players: Stop the whining!
- 4 players fined by MLS for infractions
- Guzan, US seek to maintain momentum against Guatemala
- Red Bulls defender Duvall has surgery on a broken leg
- D.C. United-Sounders Preview
- Turmoil in Russian football as government limits foreigners
- China's Evergrande Taobao team applies for stock listing
- US files formal extradition request for 7 FIFA officials
- Copa America: Argentina, Chile trying to end title drought
- Bradley replaces Dempsey as US captain for CONCACAF Gold Cup
- Some of the saddest own goals in soccer
- Fire-Dynamo Preview
- Madrid buys back Lucas Vazquez from Espanyol
- UEFA confirms Rubin Kazan to get Europa League place
- Homes of Dinamo Zagreb bosses raided by Croatian police
- Chicharito injures collarbone as Mexico ties Honduras