It was the second victory in the last three games for RSL (6-10-5), which dropped a 1-0 contest to Colorado last Wednesday.
But Cunningham helped RSL exact a measure of revenge, scoring his 12th and 13th goals to take the league lead. Chivas’ Ante Razov entered Wednesday atop the league with 12 tallies.
Cunningham scored 25 minutes into the contest to give RSL the lead for good and also banged home a penalty kick in the 76th minute.
Cunningham also assisted on a goal by Chris Klein, who gave RSL a 2-0 advantage in the 63rd minute with his third tally of the campaign. Veteran defender Chris Brown also scored in stoppage time for RSL.
Thiago Martins scored his first goal of the season in the 84th minute to get Colorado (8-8-4) on the board.
- England midfielder Oxlade-Chamberlain to miss Euro 2016
- Chan makes history as female coach of champion men's team
- Neymar and Oscar left out of Brazil's Copa America squad
- Chelsea-Sunderland Preview
- Swansea City-West Ham United Preview
- Fellaini, Huth get 3-match bans following EPL clash
- Slavoljub Muslin appointed as Serbia coach
- Leicester's title-winners primed for a big party with fans
- Newcastle United-Aston Villa Preview
- Chastain, McMillan, Garber make Hall of Fame
- Sevilla, Liverpool advance to Europa League final
- Red Bulls-Orlando City Preview
- Stoke City-Crystal Palace Preview
- Manchester United-Norwich City Preview
- West Brom-Bournemouth Preview
- Madrid rivals return to Champions League final